Hey all! We're sure you've already noticed that BariatricPal was upgraded on 2/6/2017. If you happen to stumble across any bugs or issues, we'd love it if you could create a topic here to notify us of the bug so that we can squash it and keep your experience as desirable as possible! Thank you!
Justin

Extreme Pain in the Roof of your Mouth with first meal

13 posts in this topic

I have to say I think Amy (in a post above) is onto something about it being a Vitamin B deficiency. A few months ago I got diligent about taking a B12 supplement again, and now that I think about it, this roof-of-the-mouth pain hasn't happened to me in a long time now. I never liked the sublingual B12, but I found some gummy ones and I am sticking with them, no question.

Hello all, I stumbled across this site when I googled the condition (I have the same thing happen with the roof of my mouth--only at certain times and only first thing in the morning--very painful feeling). And for the record, I did not get a band. I wanted to contribute to the question stream to let you know it's unlikely due to the band. I still don't know what causes it, though, and would love to know! Someone mentioned Vitamin D deficiency? Thank you! 

Finally nice to see other people are experiencing this sensation. It's definitely a cramp because the on set and come down is exactly the same. For me acidic foods seem to cause it. I do not have a LapBand and am in normal condition for my height and weight. Only happens once with my first meal. The longer in the day I wait to have my meal the more likely this will occur and will be more intense.