Extreme Pain in the Roof of your Mouth with first meal

15 posts in this topic

I have to say I think Amy (in a post above) is onto something about it being a Vitamin B deficiency. A few months ago I got diligent about taking a B12 supplement again, and now that I think about it, this roof-of-the-mouth pain hasn't happened to me in a long time now. I never liked the sublingual B12, but I found some gummy ones and I am sticking with them, no question.

Hello all, I stumbled across this site when I googled the condition (I have the same thing happen with the roof of my mouth--only at certain times and only first thing in the morning--very painful feeling). And for the record, I did not get a band. I wanted to contribute to the question stream to let you know it's unlikely due to the band. I still don't know what causes it, though, and would love to know! Someone mentioned Vitamin D deficiency? Thank you!

Finally nice to see other people are experiencing this sensation. It's definitely a cramp because the on set and come down is exactly the same. For me acidic foods seem to cause it. I do not have a LapBand and am in normal condition for my height and weight. Only happens once with my first meal. The longer in the day I wait to have my meal the more likely this will occur and will be more intense.

Posted (edited)

ANSWER: solved. think about this. it's deeply intuitive if you know about this stuff. its very simple. IN THE TIME WE STOPPED EATING (OVERNIGHT OR BY USING AMPHETAMINE) OUR BODIES HAVE GONE INTO A LIGHT STATE OF FASTING. Therefore when we eat, our body is just trying to warn us -HEY DONT MESS UP THIS FAST, WE'RE JUST STARTING TO HEAL! as we're trying to eat out of habit when we weren't actually hungry in the truest sense. that's it.
the condition is totally benign. its just us improperly breaking an unintentional fast.

Also this is why it doesn't matter what we eat! if its food, you broke the fast. its not an allergy. its just any food will burn. and thats also why the burning stops when you barrel through the first few bites. or you can go back to the same offending food a while later. BECAUSE BY EATING, YOU BROKE THE FAST AND YOUR BODY REALIZES YOU ARE IN DIGESTION/EATING MODE AGAIN. thank you.

also many people without bands experience this. i assume when you get a band you've become more sensitive to the way your body reacts to going without food. or you now go into the fasting state much faster like many people who do not have bands.

Edited by lionpaul

I started getting the ache in the roof of my mouth after being sleeved. I actually posted a question but got no replies. Glad I am not alone!