Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest Weight Loss Surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for Weight Loss Surgery patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your Weight Loss Surgery decisions as well as providing you the Weight Loss Surgery support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive BariatricPal member features!

Join our 250K+ WLS member community. It's free!!!

Protein Supplements

Views
Started by shuckybucky, Jul 22, 2011 1:52 AM
3 replies to this topic
3 replies to this topic

shuckybucky

Guru in Training

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgeon: Adam Smith
  • Surgery Date: Mar 2011
  • Height: 5 feet 9 inches
  • Starting Weight: 242
  • Weight Lost: 82
  • Current Weight: 160
  • Goal Weight: 160
  • BMI: 23.6
Posted July 22, 2011 - 1:52 AM

I found the best protein drinks at a place called weight loss zone here in Amarilo. They had about 20 flavors and most mix with water not milk. Most flavors only have 1-2grams carbs. Grape, Lemonfrazz, and cinamon hot chocolate are my favorites.

myndful

• Surgeon: Raymond Taddeucci
  • Surgery Date: Jul 2012
  • Height: 5 feet 3 inches
  • Starting Weight: 267
  • Weight Lost: 19
  • Current Weight: 248
  • Goal Weight: 140
  • BMI: 43.9
  • My Blogs
Posted July 22, 2011 - 3:08 AM

I found the best protein drinks at a place called weight loss zone here in Amarilo. They had about 20 flavors and most mix with water not milk. Most flavors only have 1-2grams carbs. Grape, Lemonfrazz, and cinamon hot chocolate are my favorites.

I'm just about done with my two week preop diet regime of two Bariatric Advantage Protein Meal Supplement shakes and one "sensible" meal per day. I don't mind the flavor of the shake; I ususally mix it with crystal light lemonade or add cinammon with the powder. I blend them with ice to make a cool, frothy and filling shake.

Only issue is GI upset since the first day of the shakes. After a week of running to the bathroom, I got some Immodium and things seem to havve slowed down. Anyone else have this experience from the protein shakes?

Wanda

shuckybucky

Guru in Training

• Surgeon: Adam Smith
  • Surgery Date: Mar 2011
  • Height: 5 feet 9 inches
  • Starting Weight: 242
  • Weight Lost: 82
  • Current Weight: 160
  • Goal Weight: 160
  • BMI: 23.6
Posted July 22, 2011 - 10:00 AM

I'm just about done with my two week preop diet regime of two Bariatric Advantage Protein Meal Supplement shakes and one "sensible" meal per day. I don't mind the flavor of the shake; I ususally mix it with crystal light lemonade or add cinammon with the powder. I blend them with ice to make a cool, frothy and filling shake.

Only issue is GI upset since the first day of the shakes. After a week of running to the bathroom, I got some Immodium and things seem to havve slowed down. Anyone else have this experience from the protein shakes?

Wanda

I had that experience but I figured out it isn't necessarily the protein. It is because if most of your diet is liquid then your waste will be liquid. I would be careful with immodium because once u get to eating and it is high protein then you will probably have constipation.

Sailor59

Advanced Member

• Surgeon: Ronnie Keith
  • Surgery Date: Jul 2011
  • Height: 6 feet 4 inches
  • Starting Weight: 438
  • Weight Lost: 65
  • Current Weight: 373
  • Goal Weight: 220
  • BMI: 45.4
Posted July 23, 2011 - 9:01 AM

I am 3 days pre surgery (banded plication) and I confirmed last night that if all you put in is liquid all you will get out is liquid HA! My surgeon sells and reccomends Chike brand protein shakes. Being a former weight lifter I can tell you that the Chike is a really good tasting protein shake. It has 28 grams of protein when mixed with water not sure on the carbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Topics with No Reply