Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whole tummy tuck is approved not just Pani!!!!!

I just got the call from my Surgeons office today that my insurance approved my whole extended Tummy Tuck with musle repair not just the pani removal. The office manager even seemed supurised she said she has only seen that a few times they usually only cover the pani removal and you have to cover the rest. I don't have to pay anything for my tummy tuck. I am scheduled for Aug 19 so i still have 3 months to loose the 19lbs i have to get to goal. I cant explain how excited and scared i am all in one. The office manager told me that she thinks why i got approved is because i took pictures every single month of my rash for the last 6 months and i was also getting infections in my bellie button. I can't wait i wish it was sooner.

I am happy for you and i hope that once i lose the weight i will be approved for the tummy tuck...:smile2:

Congratulations! That is great news. I am scheduled for my LAP-BAND on June 8th but am seeing a dermatologist on June 3rd to begin mapping my skin for the exact possible circumstance that happened with you. Everybody should think about doing this as a precaution and possible gateway for insurance paid cosmetic surgery.

I just got the call from my Surgeons office today that my insurance approved my whole extended Tummy Tuck with musle repair not just the pani removal. The office manager even seemed supurised she said she has only seen that a few times they usually only cover the pani removal and you have to cover the rest. I don't have to pay anything for my tummy tuck. I am scheduled for Aug 19 so i still have 3 months to loose the 19lbs i have to get to goal. I cant explain how excited and scared i am all in one. The office manager told me that she thinks why i got approved is because i took pictures every single month of my rash for the last 6 months and i was also getting infections in my bellie button. I can't wait i wish it was sooner.

What insurance do you have, if you don't mind my asking?

I am so thrilled for you. I have 40 lbs to lose until I can consider my Tummy Tuck next year. I have Aetna insurance and they cover the Panni but not abdominoplasty - I will have to pay the difference. BUT I WILL!

Why is it there are so many cute dresses out there that are sleeveless -- if they at least had short sleeves I could hide my flabby arms some but sleeveless - that is asking too much. I will definitely be getting my arms done but that will all be out of pocket too!

Highmark ppo blue of pa

Thats what i have! Thats makes me happy! I will def need a pani... but possibly a whole tummy tuck...

I am so thrilled for you. I have 40 lbs to lose until I can consider my Tummy Tuck next year. I have Aetna insurance and they cover the Panni but not abdominoplasty - I will have to pay the difference. BUT I WILL!

Why is it there are so many cute dresses out there that are sleeveless -- if they at least had short sleeves I could hide my flabby arms some but sleeveless - that is asking too much. I will definitely be getting my arms done but that will all be out of pocket too!

Omg i know what you mean that is one area on my body that i hate the most i will never wear anything without sleeves after a 103 lb weight loss i still have 15 inch arms i can't seem to loose anyweight on them i am considering Lipo on them

I am 3.5 years post gastric and have lost 150 lbs. I have been at the same stable weight for two years now. I met with the plastic surgeon Monday and she doesnt think my insurance will even cover the Pani. I also have Highmark PPo Blue in Pa and they have surprised me in the past. My apron is about an inch from my pubis... I was wondering was yours lower? i'm really hoping they will approve it. I also just found out from the surgeon that I have a belly button hernia so I'm hoping that will help also.

Thanks

Dawn