Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pulling/crampy sensation on my left side...

When I am up and walking. It is not pain; the best way to describe it is it feels like I pulled a muscle (which my surgeon said I may very well have...) I just want to be able to exercise soon, and this feeling when I walk is uncomfortable..I can't imagine power walking with it. Has anyone else had a similar thing? How long does this last?

P.s- I was banded November 4th. Everything is going great except this!

umm..really? Nothing?

I had my surgery on 11/6 and I have this pain too! I was told it could be a pulled muscle but it can get pretty bad. I was told that I'm probably doing too much but with 2 young kids at home and working part-time as a teacher....I have no choice but continue on with life, as usual! My pain got so bad one time that I was doubled over while trying to shop. What's so strange is...it seems to get worse after I eat....so, how could it be a pulled muscle. The location is also strange...almost on my hip bone.

It is bizarre! But as I said, my surgeon is not worried in the least. I don't think mine's related to my eating, but I've read that if you notice it after you eat, maybe you're eating too quickly?

It's ironic, b/c last night was my first shift back at work, adn I was so nervous about the cramping being worse. I'm a nurse and am on my feet 12hours! However, the cramping was BETTER! Maybe I need to stretch it out!

I get that sensation from constipation/gas. I didnt have it preband so it took awhile to figure it out....but through trial and error I have discovered thats what it is for me.

i am having the same thing on my port (left) side but it is above my port site.... kind of the base of my breast. it feels like i pulled a muscle....

and it only hurts when i am standing.

I had this same pain since day 4 after surgery. Mine was because I was dehydrated and not able to get enough liquids down.

Your kidney will have pain and is almost on your hip if you put your hand on your hip(left side). Your kidney starts to get sore when it doesn't get enough Water to flush. If your urine is dark yellow or you produce very little........get more fluids. It may take a few days to get rid of it. Good luck!!!

I had this same pain since day 4 after surgery. Mine was because I was dehydrated and not able to get enough liquids down.

Your kidney will have pain and is almost on your hip if you put your hand on your hip(left side). Your kidney starts to get sore when it doesn't get enough Water to flush. If your urine is dark yellow or you produce very little........get more fluids. It may take a few days to get rid of it. Good luck!!!

Omg...that exactly where my pain is! Kidney....huh?

When I am up and walking. It is not pain; the best way to describe it is it feels like I pulled a muscle (which my surgeon said I may very well have...) I just want to be able to exercise soon, and this feeling when I walk is uncomfortable..I can't imagine power walking with it. Has anyone else had a similar thing? How long does this last?

P.s- I was banded November 4th. Everything is going great except this!

It's not a pulled muscle. Your body is still healing. It could be the stitches pulling. Keep in mind that your muscles inside are cut so when they heal they have to re-tracked back. I am 4 weeks in an I still get that once and awhile. It will go away. Give it time. It could also be gas.

Omg...that exactly where my pain is! Kidney....huh?

Perhaps a nurse here can help, but it was my understanding that the kidneys are towards the back of the body and pain (assuming it's not referred pain) from the kidneys would be in the lower back area.

i saw the surgeon yesterday for my issue with this. it is a pulled muscle and they suggested wearing Spanx to keep everything tight.

wow see what happens when I go playing doctor? I was wrong. I'm glad you found out what it was and I hope you will be feeling better soon. Happy holidays.

wow see what happens when I go playing doctor? I was wrong. I'm glad you found out what it was and I hope you will be feeling better soon. Happy holidays.

Thanks! Just wearing the binder around my stomach has helped immensely! Personally, I think it should be a suggested item post-op to avoid this.

Your port is attached to muscle on your left side (for most people, on the left side). It is either stitched in place for the Lap Band AP or attached with metal crimps (Realize Band). That has to heal/recover just like the rest of you. A little time with a heating pad, some Tylenol and you should be feeling it much less.

Thank you Everyone for your input! I bet a binder would help on days where I'm on my feet a lot. I may even still have mine from my c/section 7 years ago!

Thanks again!