Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am i getting shoulder pain???

I just had my band surgery 5 days ago, i'm wanting to start the mushy solids, is it too early? also whenever i have anything i'm getting a pain which I think is heartburn shooting up my left shoulder blade. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?:tongue_smilie:

i think i posted something about this before but your pain could be from your surgery. its because of all the gas they use to blow up your stomach sometimes it will case you pain i had allot of pain but it went away after a few weeks. u should talk to your doctor about what you should eat i know i went in 7 days after surgery for a check-up and he said i could start on mushies. i kinda had already started on a few mushie foods already then about a week later i tried eating a few other kids of foods they went down good but i still ate allot of mushie stuff. right now I'm about 4 weeks post op so I'm eating norm again but what i ate never really changed too much it was just how much of it i ate. i would talk to your doctor you really don't want your band to slip! if you feel hungry try sucking on hard candies like jolly ranchers or life savers i wish you the best of luck

Karen

It is the Gas settling in you from the Surgery, that is all. It will go away, take your pain meds that the Doctor Prescribed. I was able to eat chicken Noodle Soup and other soft foods the second week after my surgery. You just need to concentrate on chewing everything well before swallowing and it should go down. I felt weak and light headed without some food. Vienna Sausage are very soft and a meat with high Protein that I added. I found that I could eat saltines and did too, itty bitty bites and that helped with my nausea. I told my Dr. and he was fine with it. The Protein Drinks are good too, they fill you up and give you added energy. The gas pain will go away soon, give it a day or two. It is common with the Lap Band Surgery. Always call your Dr's office if you are worried about something. Good luck, you are on your way to being a LOSER in a good way! Here if you need me.

janetsjourneytoslim

pre-op diet lost 9 lbs pre-op weight 256

Lap Band surgery 7-29-2009

Weight as of 9-10-2009 211

Weight Loss of 45 lbs so far!

pre-op sz 24W, Now 16W

Tony, check with your doctor about moving on to mushy foods. Different doctors, different schedules. Others on the forum have consulted their doctor's when they've felt ready to move on to the next food stage and have been approved (not always though), but I wouldn't do it w/o my surgeon's okay. You're healing now, and if you're like me, I selected my surgeon because I trusted him and his education and expertise and longterm success rate with a lower than average band complication rate in his practice.

Here's a medical/technical answer to the likely cause of your shoulder pain: shoulder pain following a laparoscopy

Tony , i had the gas pain from my gallbladder removal the week before my lap band surgery 2 weeks ago

My tricks to get rid of it besides the walking, is heating pad. That was helpfull, plus tap it rapidly with your fingers, if you have something that vibrates, or massages (dont laugh) that should help. Also the pain med helped too