Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. Newbie from TX!!

Hello everyone,

I just joined today and have had so much fun reading all of the posts on this site. It is so informative and so encouraging reading the words of fellow bandsters. I am 4 weeks post op and have lost 15lbs so far. My mind says I should be losing weight faster but the nurse in me knows that 15lbs a month is almost too much. I have found that the hardest part is getting my "fat chick" mind to get in sync with my "skinny chick" stomach. I wonder how much longer that will last. Anyhoo, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to chatting with you all.

WR

Hey newbie. I'm from Deer Park. My daughter is a nurse in Baytown. I got banded on Aug 25th. Love, love, love it! I have lost 30 lbs so far. My doctor says to keep it down to 5 lbs a month. And I seem to be succeeding.

Anyway, stay in touch. Would love to know what hosp. you work at. Wouldn't that be a hoot if you know each other!

Hello mamaw,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I actually work at the hospital in Baytown. Been there for almost 5 years now. Congrats on the 30 lbs. I can't wait until I reach that number!! Good luck to you and much success!!

Hi there! I'm around the corner from you in Lake Charles, LA. I'm new to the site too. I just got approved by my insurance and on the 19th of this month will find out my surgery date. I'm so excited, but nervous too. I know I'll have success. I'm worried about the pre op diet though. Any suggestions? Good Luck and I can't wait to read about your success!:drool:

Hi Tessie,

Congrats on your approval!! What an exciting time for you. As for the pre-op diet, my surgeon had me do full liquids for 2 weeks before surgery. The first two days were definitely the hardest. I found that drinking high Protein Drinks kept me full much longer than Clear Liquids and puddings. For me, the higher the Protein the less hungry I was. The worst part for me was the hunger headache. I believe that lasted about 3 days and nothing would relieve it. Looking back, I should have had more Water throughout the day but I was still getting an adequate amount of fluids. Good luck to you and I look forward to reading about your success!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches