Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I guess I can't eat fish...

I posted last night because I ate fish and it felt stuck. I thought it was a fluke, so I ate tuna today and it feels stuck again. I ate about two hours ago. I chopped up tuna really small and mixed it with mayo. Trying hot tea right now and am ging to call my dr when I leave work.

It probably isn't the fish. Here's my questions

1. Have you had a fill in the last week or so?

2. Have you had any little symptoms of a cold or allergies ... specifically, a little bit of a runny nose, hoarseness, post nasal drip that you are aware of?

3. Are you 100% sure you aren't eating too fast?

4. Are you 100% sure you aren't taking bites that are too big?

1. Sometimes, a fill doesn't register as making a change in restriction for a few days.

2. Mucus can drain down your throat and into your pouch, where it can effectively make the opening smaller than it actually is.

3. Too fast sticks

4. Big bites stick. Any bite bigger than a nickel is too big.

And if the only thing that seems to apply is that you've had a fill recently, are you 100% sure that it was stuck? Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna get stuck but if I just sit up straight or stand up, the feeling goes away.

tuna is harder to get down than fresh grilled fish for me, but everyone is different. Good questions on the above post. If they don't apply, try grilled flounder or catfish. I don't have any problems with these.

To me, canned fish is stickier, stringier, and drier than a real fish fillet. I agree with the previous poster who said to try grilled fish. Another way to cook it is to make a foil pouch and bake the fish so it steams. It's fall-apart tender. The key is to not overcook it. Any mild white-fleshed fish should work.

I am on mushies, and could try fish this week. I called the dr and they said it takes some people longer, so to go back to my softer mushies and try fish again next week.

Ditto - I have a hard time with canned tuna and canned chicken - even when I add tons of relish, mayo, etc. to "wet" it. I do fine with regular chicken and fish. You might be the same way.

I had surgery on Aug 10 and I have yet to get a fill, I have very few issues, even having no restriction, but I still have a bit of drama with the canned meats. Which stinks, because of the convenience. Oh well - there are lots of other options.

Good Luck,

That is good to know. Water ect is going past it, but it feels clogged. I guess maybe there is just a little bit? Not sure. I have eaten both boiled eggs and scrambled eggs and have had no trouble. I am scared to try chicken.< /p>

CHEW, CHEW, CHEW is the motto around my house. I had a little problem with canned tuna the first couple of times I tried it but I can now eat it just fine. Try grilling or using the foil pack, the fish is more moist. Don't give up on it completely. If you try chicken, make sure you chew it well and use small bites.