Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Mile Challenge

Hmm. I've never done one of these before. I was banded at the end of March. I was exercising a lot until the end of May and then I got busy with my jobs and it went kaput. Time to lose the excuse, especially since work is slowing down for me and the weather is cooling off.

I'm going to go with 30 miles.

Edited by addelapp5

Hi! That's what I thought but figured I'd better know for sure.

Okay, I'm in. Going to start slow. Need to get back into my routine of walking. I'm going to shoot for 30 miles this month.

My neighborhood is VERY hilly (I live in the mtns.). I have 2 routes that I do. The first one w/the kiddo in the stroller and the dog on her leash is 1.5 miles. The second one that I do by myself (dog is too old to walk that far and the hills are too big for me w/the stroller just yet) is 2.5 miles. I rarely get to do the 2nd one as much as I like.

It's good to have you on board Heartfire. It sounds like you live in a beautiful place. I would love to get my miles in by walking outside. I live in SE Texas. It is hot and humid most of the year. I maybe able to get outside by late November.

I forgot to ask... is there somewhere specific we are logging our miles? I know the turkey day challenge has a spreadsheet. Just wondering if it's the same kind of thing for this, or if we're just keeping track ourselves.

I forgot to ask... is there somewhere specific we are logging our miles? I know the turkey day challenge has a spreadsheet. Just wondering if it's the same kind of thing for this, or if we're just keeping track ourselves.

Welcome to the challenge addelapp! We do not have a weekly spreadsheet. We just log our miles once a week.

Example:

Week 1: 20 miles down

40 to goal

We log the miles every Wednesday. Hope this helps.

Count me in. Since just cleared by surgeon to start my exercising this will be great. Will shoot for 50 miles.

Count me in. Since just cleared by surgeon to start my exercising this will be great. Will shoot for 50 miles.

Hi Bellaboo. Welcome to the challenge. We are glad you are on this journey with us. Good luck!

Week 1

12.25 miles done

47.75 miles to go

Okay, well this week was pitiful. I'm not even going to post it, it was so bad.

Excuses, valid tho they are, will not get this butt smaller! DD (3 yrs old) has been sick all week and DH has been out on a fire all week, so, it's just me. And now I'm getting sick and DH might be home on Sunday. LOVELY!! :wink2:

Have a great week everyone!!

I am doing so much better this month. I think my new shoes helped.

Goal: 25 miles

So Far: 11 miles

Great first week everyone! Keep it up. Remember every step counts. I've had slow starts before, but I've always reached my goal.

I will see you all at the finish line.

Week 1= 19.9 miles

I've been sick for three weeks--this week I did exercise but not as much as usual--I've just got to get better! I think my body's worn out. I'm still losing weight anyway, so at least that's something. I miss exercising, though--who would've thunk it?! Must...get...better...

15 miles down. Need to pick up pace and keep going. Great work so far everyone.:thumbup: