Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texas State Fair and Fletcher's Corny Dawgs

Ok, who among you Texas Banster's has made it out to the State Fair and of those that did, were you able to have any corny dog??? Man what I wouldn't give to be holding one right now...I wouldn't eat it or anything...just sniff it and maybe lick it a little bit...lmao!!! :-)

Man what I wouldn't give to be holding one right now...I wouldn't eat it or anything...just sniff it and maybe lick it a little bit...lmao!!! :-)

Ummm that sounds like something my DH would say :guess

Ok, who among you Texas Banster's has made it out to the State Fair and of those that did, were you able to have any corny dog??? Man what I wouldn't give to be holding one right now...I wouldn't eat it or anything...just sniff it and maybe lick it a little bit...lmao!!! :-)

LOL haven't been yet. I think we are going next weekend. Last weekend was a big football game and this weekend is obviously Texas/OU weekend...no thanks, can't deal with those crowds LOL. Never been a big corny dog fan but just all the yummies in general are gonna get me in biiiig trouble.

Oh come on...who can resist a fried twinkie or a fried Peanut Butter and jelly sandwhich....lol. Ok, ok...that stuff is obviously what made me fat in the first place. Yeah we are staying totally away from that side of town, those OU folks are too crazy for me. :-0 Hook'em Horns!!!

We won't be going to the fair this year...I need to give my chitlins one more year to mature and then we will probably tackle it next year, when my hubby fianlly gets off on the weekend.

Ahhh, a walk down memory lane. I went into downtown Dallas one Texas/OU weekend to pick up a friend from the bus station. What a wild trip! Thankfully, it was late afternoon, not nighttime, but the streets were blocked and the crowds were on their way in. That's as close as I ever got.

But the Texas State Fair? Oh, yeah baby! I had a hottie cowboy boyfriend at the time and we went two years in a row. That was back when I didn't eat. I was more likely to succomb to the Cheesesteaks and Cotton candy than to the Corn Dogs. I'm sure I ate. But I'm sure I would have eaten lots more had I not been there with him.

Know what? Back when I lived in Carrollton and dated that fella, I weighed 120-125 pounds. This was in 1988-89-90 I think. Geez. Another life, and altogether another body.

Wow, thanks for the trip back! Ya'll have fun!

I'm probably skipping the fair this year b/c I'm still sore and I can't walk that far (only one week out of surgery!) but if I could I'd eat a key lime pie dipped in chocolate on a stick - the best thing ever!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh! I forgot about the fried twinkie I had last year....Delicious....but I can resist. Now, the Fletcher's Corndog is a different thing. I was going to just eat a couple of bites and then let my hubby have the rest. I hope I can follow through!!!

Oh Kari you are too funny. You are crazy. You got me wanting a corn dog. You can lick but I will chew it up and spit it out. ppppiiiitttttttt ummmm that was a good dog. LMBO

I survived the State Fair last Saturday, during the Texas/OU game! Yes, I ate a Fletcher's Corny Dog! I have only had one fill, my choice, and I was able to eat the whole corny dog. It was great! Here's the upside: previously, I would have had that PLUS maybe another! I also had a taste of my daughter's cotton candy, some french fries, and part of a Slurpee. That sounds like a lot, but not when you compare it to what I used to eat! It set back my weight loss for sure, though! We had a great time, rode lots of rides, and watched a miniature donkey and surrey barrel race! Where else are you gonna find THAT, besides the State Fair?

I went to the State Fair of Texas today (last weekend it's in town). I'm on my pre-op diet with Dr. Benevides. Only Proteins, vegetables and Protein Shake. I managed to have the following: bottle of Water, one Dolmas (greek food - meat wrapped in grape leaves), skipped the pita bread AND THAT WAS IT! Having been there 6 hours, I was really proud. I'm really ready for this Thursday for surgery!

Deep fried twinkies huh?..lately i'v been eating really well...and following my diet...but OMG. does that sound good!!!

just might have to try it...how do u make it...is there any sauce involved?

OK, for the first time in 22 years I did not go to the State Fair!!!

Snd not just because I would not be able to eat a corny dog, the only food Iever eat there. But mostly because I could not afford ittheis year. Next year I will repent and go twice to make up for this year!! haha

But oh how I missed myfoot long Fletchers Corny dog!!!

LOL....ewwww...I haven't quite got my mind around chewing something and then spitting it out. but with this liquid diet, I just might have to start considering it!!! ;-)

Ok ok ok i will admit i am a fan of chewing and then spitting it out. I do once in a while... I feel guilty but i do. When i know that last bite is going to get me sick and uncomfortable i chew untill im tired of it and then spit with out swallowing. ITs great.. lol...

Kim