Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Bandsters?

Good to hear from you all. I am fastly approaching my one year anniversary (1/19/08). No Hair loss. Weight when definitley decided to have surgery was 320, surgery day 300.5 & current weight 237.8. Looking forward to the big 4-0 (but with less of me than at age 16 ) on 8/14/08.

Good to hear from you all. I am fastly approaching my one year anniversary (1/19/08). No Hair loss. Weight when definitley decided to have surgery was 320, surgery day 300.5 & current weight 237.8. Looking forward to the big 4-0 (but with less of me than at age 16 ) on 8/14/08.

You are doing good Crishell, I'm looking forward to turning 40 next month too. I'm pushing to be at goal by then or to be at goal by my 2 year anniversary which is 3-7-08.

Tann

I Have To Give U Propps On Your Wt Loss,if You Dont Mind I Have A Few Questions To Ask. Do You Do The Low Carb Eating? How Much Can You Eat At A Meal? Did U Ever Have A Week Or Two Or Longer Wt Stall Wher U Stayed The Same? How Long Did U Take To Lose The 1st 100 Pds? I Had The Band On 11/27/07 And I Lost 15pds Prior And 20 Pds Since But Have Stalled Within The Last 2 Wks And Am Scared,i Paid For My Surgery,bcbs Refused To Pay Anything So I Dont Want To Fail.

Tosha,aa Rn

Tann

I Have To Give U Propps On Your Wt Loss,if You Dont Mind I Have A Few Questions To Ask. Do You Do The Low Carb Eating? How Much Can You Eat At A Meal? Did U Ever Have A Week Or Two Or Longer Wt Stall Wher U Stayed The Same? How Long Did U Take To Lose The 1st 100 Pds? I Had The Band On 11/27/07 And I Lost 15pds Prior And 20 Pds Since But Have Stalled Within The Last 2 Wks And Am Scared,i Paid For My Surgery,bcbs Refused To Pay Anything So I Dont Want To Fail.

Tosha,aa Rn

Thanks Ziahmama:biggrin:Yes I stay on a low carb diet 80/20 percent of the time. During the holidays I just enjoyed whatever I wanted to eat, of course I paid for it in the hip and butt area, but it is coming off again because I'm back to being strict again. How much I eat at a meal all depends on this band, some times of the day it is tighter than others. But most times I can eat 1/2 piece of chicken and a lil green salad or veggie. I do stall sometimes but it is only because I'm eating more carbs than I should or I'm not drinking enough Water. It took me 9 months to lose the first 100 lbs. I really should be at goal by now but I had to get 2 unfills during my journey and both times I ate like a pig and gain about 25-30 lbs:eek::smile:.

The two most important lessons I have learned during my journey is to drink enough water and to make sure you have at least 3-4 bm's per week. I had went 2 weeks without a bm and my band got so tight that I could not eat or drink. I got severly dehydrated and had to stay in the hospital for a few days. I did not learn this lesson until my 2nd stay at the hospital. Both times I had to get a unfill and gained alot of weight after the unfill. I'm doing great now as long as I pay attention to what I'm doing.:eek:

thanks,tann

this gives me ecouragement to keep my faith in god and work hard at this with my fluids and exercise cause 15 thou is too much money to waste. did you get fuller with the sm amt of food after several band fills or just one cause i have had one band fill 1cc and i can still eat 1 peice of chicken and a sm salad with the chicken being the size of a chicken thigh. i just cant wait until i am 150 pds with no more back and hip pain.

ziahmama.

thanks,tann

this gives me ecouragement to keep my faith in god and work hard at this with my fluids and exercise cause 15 thou is too much money to waste. did you get fuller with the sm amt of food after several band fills or just one cause i have had one band fill 1cc and i can still eat 1 peice of chicken and a sm salad with the chicken being the size of a chicken thigh. i just cant wait until i am 150 pds with no more back and hip pain.

ziahmama.

It took me about 3-4 fills were I could only eat a 1/2 to 1 piece of chix and a small amout of veggies. I have the large 10cc band. I used to have hip pain, not no more!!

It took me about 3-4 fills were I could only eat a 1/2 to 1 piece of chix and a small amout of veggies. I have the large 10cc band. I used to have hip pain, not no more!!

I with you on that one! Before the surgery I was popping Motrin like candy.... I have pretty severe degenerative arthritis due to some hip surgery 16 years ago..... Well, since the surgery and the weight beginning to come off.... I haven't had any need for pain killers or anti-noninflammatory meds this winter.... My surgeon was pushing a hip replacement, but now I feel maybe I can hold off a little while.... I love my band! :smile:

hey plump princess

I want to say good job in that Rant and Rave room about the "N"word

I refuse to even comment in that roon but I did read your comments and I wanted to say thank you for taking that stand !!!!:smile:

Chrishell,

Congrats on your great weight loss, you've done excellent. I knew there was something special about you. My youngest daughter's name is Chrishelle. I have been reading your posts and you have been very encouraging. The most special thing about you is that we share the same 8/14 birthday.

Thanks again for your good posts !!!! , Chris

5'11, 300.1 lbs., BMI = 41

12/04/07 - Initial Seminar

12/18/07 - Therapist & Dietician

1/03/08 - Met w/ Dr. Erhlich, Bloodwork, Gallbladder Ultrasound

1/08/08 - Primary care Dr. Appt.

1/09/08 - More Bloodwork

1/15/08 - Called to rush the Primary Dr. to send in paperwork to the bariatric billing so they can submit to Anthem BC/BS

1/18/08 All should be submitted 6-10 day approval

Hopefully a 1st week of March "08" surgery date

You Go Girl, 100 lbs:lol:. Now, the times you had to be unfill, was all the Fluid taken from your band? Since the actual band remained in place, did you feel any restriction? I'm surprised you were able to gain 30 lbs in such a short time.

hey plump princess

I want to say good job in that Rant and Rave room about the "N"word

I refuse to even comment in that roon but I did read your comments and I wanted to say thank you for taking that stand !!!!:(

That n-word thread was interesting....i guess for some, ignorance is bliss, I was amazed at how other people got their panties in a bunch, when you try to tell the truth.... but it also bothers me sometimes when people try to impose their perspective/viewpoints on others, especially when they're wrong! :girl_hug:

Hey

you cannot even see my scars anymore my stretch marks are worst than any scar lol , as far as hair loss so far so good I have non , but girl if I do I will slap some weave in my head lol

I hear ya girlfriend:tongue: