Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hey Homies. LOL.

I slept in this morning but I was up late last night. At the Teen class last night at church we gave each of the kids 3 cards and had them write on it things that they had been dealt. Mine was that I grew up with an alcoholic family, not just my immediate family but Aunts, Uncles and cousins. My second one was in my senior year that my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and was sent 1,300 miles away for 6 months. I had to become a mom to my younger sister, go to school, work a pt job and take care of the house. My other cards were of a happier nature. That I met and married my best friend and we have celebrated almost 27 years together. That I was told I had problems with my kidneys and the first words out of my sisters mouths was them fighting over who was going to donate a kidney to me. That's a good one because it shows how much I am loved. The other 2 adults in the class did the same thing. So we gave the kids about 10 minutes to fill out there cards. OMG. I really mean that. OMG. We were stunned at some of the stuff that they wrote. I wanted to cry. I wanted to run around the room and hug all of them. I couldn't believe how honest they were being. So we let them if they decided too to talk about what they wrote. One boy said he was going to talk about his cards because he wanted everyone else to know that it was ok to open up about it. And open up they did. I sat there with my hand over my mouth and the other one over my heart. It was truly moving to hear the 14-16 year old kids talk about what they deal with on a daily basis.

I spent a few minutes talking to them afterwards and it was so touching to see how they all responded. Not sure I can take another night like that. I hope next week we do something a little lighter.

Sorry if I brought you down with that. It was just that I wanted you to know what some special kids we have in this world and how lucky we all to have them.

Now, as for my day. I'm off to go get my older sis and take her grocery shopping. I'll come back here and do some housework and than I have to work later today.

I go next monday to give blood for my Doc appointment on Wednesday. That's when I see my Kidney Doc. So starting today I'm pushing the Water. Need to keep those kidneys flushed and functioning right.

I hope Kat is having a great time and a very "Happy Anniversary" to her and Rick.

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in after I get back.

Hey y’all! Yeah Jen I know what you mean about the Water. I think that’s me right now.

All I did was my calisthenics last night and drank lots of water! I’m feeling like I’m flushing pretty good. As a matter of fact I think I’m gonna do liquids here come next Friday. I’m not really supposed to but I really think my body needs it. I have my Dietician Appt next Tuesday so I can do what I want after. I think in reality I got my mojo back, so I’m gonna be ok for awhile after that. All I know is I really need to lose a few more pounds before seeing her! I don’t want to have gained, that’s for sure. Sad thing is I don’t remember how much I weighed in that day?

LOL :-P

Hey Tracy girl! Thanks so much for all you do. You’re awesome!!

Michelle, you getting a new do? Gotta post some pics so we can see! I cut my hair short last summer and my husband hated it so much. He likes long hair which isn’t abnormal I guess for a guy. LOL

Suzie, hope your doctors appt went good.

Okay ladies! Chat soon again, and have a successful day! J

Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!

What have I done??!!

And why didn't I do it sooner?!! :tongue_smilie:

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!

Let's see if this works.

post-232070-13813138863961_thumb.jpg

post-232070-13813138864233_thumb.jpg

post-232070-13813138864527_thumb.jpg

post-232070-13813138864787_thumb.jpg

Michelle: I already told you on another post, but "I love it"

Tracy: We are planning on going to Florida for Thanksgiving. My kids are older, so we are going to Universal Studios for 4 days. We haven't been on a family vacation that didn't revolve around my daughter playing ice hockey in over 4 years, so we are really looking forward to it. I am NOT, however, looking forward to boarding my sweet doggie.:tongue_smilie:

Suzie: It saddens me on a daily basis what some of my "babies" go through everyday. Many of them hate to go home everyday. At school, they know just what is expected of them. It is consistent, and positive. At home, sometimes they never know what is going to happen.:smile:

Jennifur: I am doing ok, thanks for asking.

I just talked to my dad and I will need to take a day off on Thursday to try to help him get my mom to the doctor. My brother and my mom have appointments at the same time and my mom can't be left at appointments anymore. Her Alzheimer's is too advanced. She walks around angry at him all the time for some imagined thing he has done. She refuses to have tests done because she has irrational fears that it will kill her. We are at a loss as to what to do. It is taking such a physical toll on my dad that he was in the ER last week from not keeping food down. He had gastric bypass in June and if he is overly stressed his stomach knots up. It is almost like being banded when he is stressed.:unsure:

Wow, so much to say about some of the posts I have read...I will have to postpone it until the morning. DD is WAY ready to go to bed. :smile:

I will see you homies in the morning :tongue_smilie:

LOVE your hair Michelle!!!

(((((( MICHELLE))))))))))))

When you cut your hair

How much weight did you lose.......

:tongue_smilie::lol::smile::lol::unsure::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Michelle. I love the new do. I put both your old and new pic next to each other and I can't get over how much younger you look. You look awesome. Can I have you old hair now? I could really use it. LOL.

TracyK, see you in the morning. Get a good nights sleep.< /span>

Cindy, Thanksgiving in Florida??? Have a great time.

Irene, Good job on the calis.... Good luck on doing the liquids. I do good for half a day than I blow it.

I'm finishing up on DWTS and than headed off to bed.

See ya all tomorrow.

Okay, now I have time to post a proper response. I just threw my earlier post up and left again!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KAT AND RICK!!

Sorry if I brought you down with that. It was just that I wanted you to know what some special kids we have in this world and how lucky we all to have them.

I go next monday to give blood for my Doc appointment on Wednesday. That's when I see my Kidney Doc. So starting today I'm pushing the Water. Need to keep those kidneys flushed and functioning right.

Nope, I'm glad you all can be there for the kids and they have a safe place to talk about "stuff." Kids go thru a lot of garbage these days. It's sad.

Hope every thing goes well w/your doctors next week.

I have appts for Thurs that I'm going to reschedule for another time. I'm just not up to it.

All I did was my calisthenics last night and drank lots of water!

Great job on the exercise! Yep, new do!

Michelle: I already told you on another post, but "I love it"

I just talked to my dad and I will need to take a day off on Thursday to try to help him get my mom to the doctor. My brother and my mom have appointments at the same time and my mom can't be left at appointments anymore. Her Alzheimer's is too advanced. She walks around angry at him all the time for some imagined thing he has done. She refuses to have tests done because she has irrational fears that it will kill her. We are at a loss as to what to do. It is taking such a physical toll on my dad that he was in the ER last week from not keeping food down. He had gastric bypass in June and if he is overly stressed his stomach knots up. It is almost like being banded when he is stressed.:sad:

Thanks, Cindy!

Florida sounds like fun!

I'm sorry for everything you're going thru w/your mom. It's so hard on those who have the day to day care. Hope your dad can find a way to manage.

LOVE your hair Michelle!!!

Thanks! Night!

(((((( MICHELLE))))))))))))

When you cut your hair

How much weight did you lose.......

:smile::lol::unsure::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL!!!

It was crazy b/c when he cut the ponytail off, my neck and head actually lifted a little. I was complaining the other day that my head felt too heavy. I guess I wasn't crazy afterall!

Michelle. I love the new do. I put both your old and new pic next to each other and I can't get over how much younger you look. You look awesome. Can I have you old hair now? I could really use it. LOL.

Thanks! Well, I was going to send it to cancer kids who have no hair but if you REALLY need it, I can send it to you! :tongue_smilie:

~~~~~

My ponytail was 14.5 inches long! He left a few inches to be able to work with it and he cut the 14.5 off so I was looking at A LOT of hair!

I am so loving this! We'll see how I feel after a couple of days of dealing with it but I think it's going to be all good.

Tonight we went out to dinner at our fav mexican place and the owner didn't know it was me til I said something to him! LOL! A couple of the girls were surprised too and didn't recognize me at first. I thought that was funny!

It'll be fun to see all of the reactions that I get as I see people for the first time with the new cut. I have Bunco next Tuesday night and that should be fun too.

Well, I'm exhausted. I'm going to check some other threads while I finish my tea and then head to bed.

'Night!

Good morning homies :tongue_smilie:

Heres hoping the 5 pounds I have gained is Water weight :lol:

Michelle-now *that* is when you really know you look different...when someone doesn't recognize you! Love it!

Suz-i slept great!! Thanks! You know as far as the liquid diet goes, I am great too until about 1 or 2, then Katy bar the door! It takes loads of restraint for me to pull it off!

Laura-how are you? How is MIL?

Cindy-Florida for Thanksgiving sounds heavenly! What part of Florida are you going to? I love Destin & Ft Walton Beach. I am so sorry about your mom. That has to be tough to handle.

Irene-question...why did you end your post with a J when your name is Irene? Inquiry minds wanna know :smile: Ya know, you and Jenn exercise so much that I feel like I don't have to. :lol: I have an idea. Since you do not remembered what you weighed that day, just pretend it was 5 pounds more than what you weigh right now and fight to lose it just so you will be even?! That might work?

Jenn-yeah, I read about how much you ate this past weekend. Reminded me of ME, lol. But, that is over now...on to a new day and new challenges. I was gonna tell you something and now I can't remember what it is...I hate when that happens. :unsure: Let me think.....OH yeah, as far as the TT thing goes...I really thik that is one of the reasons I started gaining again. I got SO depressed when I realized I was not going to be able to get it done and finish this thing. Now looking back, I wish I could have talked about it, but I kept it all in and just started eating again. This time, I know whatI am facing. I jusst have to keep it in my mind that I WILL have it done one day. Even if I am 80 years years old, I will. I have backslid a few days because it is hard not to get back in a funk over what I have done to myself. I need to try not to dwell on it but it is hard. That is one reason I have been quiet. You know, me being quiet, something is going on and it normally is NOT good. Thank you for recognizing it and calling me out! LOL Love you! :lol:

It has really been beautiful weather here too. Now if I can separate my bootie from the couch I will have it made! lol Have a great day everyone! TTYL....

Edited by TracyK

Good morning homies :tongue_smilie:

Heres hoping the 5 pounds I have gained is Water weight :lol:

Of course it has to be!

Michelle-now *that* is when you really know you look different...when someone doesn't recognize you! Love it! It does look great, doesn't that feel good? I love when people don't know me. I actually went from ms. stroman to Jen the other day by someone who always thought i was my sister, that felt great.

Suz-i slept great!! Thanks! You know as far as the liquid diet goes, I am great too until about 1 or 2, then Katy bar the door! It takes loads of restraint for me to pull it off! I have tried liquids for the last couple days, not working but at least I'm back on track, I'll send you good energy

Laura-how are you? How is MIL?

Cindy-Florida for Thanksgiving sounds heavenly! What part of Florida are you going to? I love Destin & Ft Walton Beach. I am so sorry about your mom. That has to be tough to handle.

Irene-question...why did you end your post with a J when your name is Irene? Inquiry minds wanna know :smile: Me too, I'm confused Ya know, you and Jenn exercise so much that I feel like I don't have to. :lol: I have an idea. Since you do not remembered what you weighed that day, just pretend it was 5 pounds more than what you weigh right now and fight to lose it just so you will be even?! That might work? I think you might be on to something Tracy:lol:

Jenn-yeah, I read about how much you ate this past weekend. Reminded me of ME, lol. But, that is over now...on to a new day and new challenges. I remember how much I love food. Last night I walked away from the best wings in the world. Oh that was not easy!I was gonna tell you something and now I can't remember what it is...I hate when that happens. :unsure: Let me think.....OH yeah, as far as the TT thing goes...I really thik that is one of the reasons I started gaining again. I got SO depressed when I realized I was not going to be able to get it done and finish this thing. Now looking back, I wish I could have talked about it, but I kept it all in and just started eating again. This time, I know whatI am facing. I jusst have to keep it in my mind that I WILL have it done one day. Even if I am 80 years years old, I will. I have backslid a few days because it is hard not to get back in a funk over what I have done to myself. I need to try not to dwell on it but it is hard. That is one reason I have been quiet. You know, me being quiet, something is going on and it normally is NOT good. Thank you for recognizing it and calling me out! LOL Love you! :lol: Come on sister, how long have i known you? Have you started documenting issues with your dr? I would love a full body make over, but if I can get ins to cover the basic, I would be so happy. I have not lost a lb, but I can feel my fat going away, my arms are suddenly very saggy an my belly is sagging to the point where I am getting rashes and very irritating. I know tmi, but I would be at my goal if that skin was gone, at least on my belly. I wanted to do the smart Lipo but you know what, that might be great for legs, and upper stomach, but lower..NO WAY. I am very frustrated and can honestly say I understand where you were at. BUT please... get back to this place with me, we can do it together. IT IS VERY DEPRESSING, BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY!

It has really been beautiful weather here too. Now if I can separate my bootie from the couch I will have it made! lol Have a great day everyone! TTYL....

Hi all, Tracy hit everyone so I just used her post, I know lazy

Suzanne, wow that was very touching, I don't know what my problem is, I can cry at the drop of a pin lately, I was a mess.

OH and did anyone watch Biggest Looser last night? CRIED!!!! My daughter is hooked and into it this year too,

Well, kids are off, I set my alarm and got up and walked, going to make an egg, then go to dentist and to get dd's belly button pierced. Going to be a great day!

xoxoxo

i'll try to post pics

Michelle, nice! I bet you feel so much lighter. J

Suzie, I know right? I always only last until dinner time. I did last through 3 days once (not including my post op diet) but by the time I did eat I blew it almost immediately. Sometimes I think it’s just not worth it. Sometimes.

Jillian Michaels has a flushing system that does not include fasting, which really, that is what the liquid diet is (almost). I might give that a whirl and see how it works out.

Tracy, aw I did see I wrote a J. Typo really, but I’ll just say it’s because my middle name is Janel. Hehe :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for the idea. I can always try to remember where I started too. I was a big girl!! I’m way better off now, but the fact is I still have so much to lose. I cannot figure out why it’s not happening. Now, if I started at the weight I’m at now.. I’d be close to goal by now. It’s just so weird to me.

Jen, don’t blame ya on just going off Tracy’s post.. lol :-P I try to remember all, but sometimes I don’t come in enough to do that. But hey, I’m here! :-D

Have an amazing day ladies!! I’m gonna do what I always do. But hey, maybe that’s why I keep getting what I always got! No? heheee J

Hello gals

ok went to applebees for lunch... man i'm such a fat kid. Had 1/2 cup french onion Soup, and yes I ate all the cheese.....1/2 steak tower thing and 2, yes count them 2 cheese burger slider things (ok I had one when i got home after it settled) I have my 5 boneless wings left which I'm going to make a salad out of later and the other 1/2 of the steak tower thingy. what is wrong with me?

I'm kind of stressed, and food does not seem to be staying with me at all today. what is wrong with me? I want to be good but not lick of willpower today.

Man... I guess I have sunk into a funk myself

Finally it will let me post.

Jenn. You just came off of a huge weight loss in a short time. Your body is probably trying to adjust to it. Bodies don't like losing weight. If that happens they go into a starvation mode and will store every little bit of food that you feed it. So that is probably why your body is not losing and why you are eating. Your body is craving. Hang in there.

Not a good day at work today. Actually it was till my boss got there and we found out that the night shift girl is out of town and no one to cover her shift. So I told my boss that I would do it. She said that I couldn't because I volunteered at the hospital on Wednesdays. I told her that this was an emergency and that I would help out. She finally accepted it and then proceeded to tell me that I was getting a 50 cent raise. Lucky Me. Really. So I leave and than all of a sudden I start getting text form the girl not coming in. 9 text in all about how mad she was that the other girl said she would cover her and that clams she knew nothing about it. I just want to stay out of that fight and cover the shift so my boss doesn't have a closed store for the evening.

I got my hair cut and she did a great job. I'll post picks soon. I went and picked up my sis and took her to go get her new glasses. We than went to K-Mart and hit the mother lode. She is all taken care of for X-mas. Got her 3 house coats and matching slippers, a cute jacket and a package of underwear. She's all taken care of for now.

I picked up a pair of sweatpants and 2 sweatshirts for me and got me and hubby matching Chiefs shirts for the football season.

Well, I'm off to go cover the other girls shift. I'll check in later.