Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

HI!

Kat, I'm really sorry you're still struggling. What about seeing what else is out there first? Then maybe make a decision. Just a thought. Best wishes!

Jen, how are you feeling tonight? I'm so sorry you're sick!

~~~~~

Prozac is kicking in. Having some problems tonight but nothing too horrible. I'll be switching to taking it in the late afternoon/evening instead of AM. I may still have to adjust it to later in the evening but I want to see what happens. I was fine this AM but as the day progressed to evening I started having a few side effects. Based on the timing, if I took it before bed, I'd be waking up to the side effects! That's how I came up with the afternoon dose instead. Who knows if my thinking is even on track. I just may be feeling this until my system gets used to it. I have no idea. Never been on stuff like this!

Any thoughts or advice would be great if anyone has any experience with it. Thanks.

DD is still sick enough to miss school tomorrow. Won't send her when she's coughing and sneezing. She does not need to infect the whole class!

She has an appt w/her ped for a "well-baby" check up and the H1N1 shot. She needs to be well for 2 weeks. We'll see if we can make that happen! :tt2:

Laundry on the agenda tomorrow. I have several loads to do. :thumbup: I hate laundry! Friday will see us heading out to go woodcutting again.

Oh! I made the BEST muffins tonight. Persimmon Muffins! Never made 'em before. Have never cooked w/them before but these are SOOOOO good!!! One is almost too much tho! A little goes a long way. DD and DH inhaled theirs! :cursing: I love when a new recipe works out well.

Gonna go. Alaska State Troopers is on and then I'm going to bed. 'Night y'all!!

Good morning all

I am still very yucky! I took night qyul last night and passed out, but my head is so stuffy, and my stupid fireplace went out again, I am going to have to get that part.

I'm waiting for my coffee to brew, I'm a hurting unit today, going to walk around noon, too cold out today with being sick.

Kat - sending you great thoughts and hope you find what you are looking for. I feel your pain, I'm doing some soul searching myself.

Tracy- how are things going? I miss you. want to email you to catch up but this is the most I've typed in days

Michelle, I am on Wellbutrin, but it took 6 weeks of side effects which i could deal with, before that I was on something else and I gained 20 lbs in a month, that was not ok, so is it something you can hold out for? that is the question?

Ok going to drink coffee and figure out what i'm going to take this moning

Kat-what does your gut tell ya? That is normally right. I *know* you will make the right decision. I have faith in ya! :thumbup:

Jenn-sorry you are feeling bad! I thought I was coming down with something yesterday but without getting into the details...it passed, lol btw...I love that PMS e-mail

Michelle-I started taking mine in the AM but I would yawn all day and be sluggish but when I would try to go to sleep, my eyes would pop open and I could not sleep. Then I tried to take it at night and I would toss & turn. So my dr gave me a mild sleeping pill and told me to take the sleeping pill and the Celexa about an hour before bed...problem solved! I know for the first few days I was taking the celexa I was nauseated, but it did go away (thank goodness)

Try it diff ways and find what is best, just give it a week or 2. Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

Well everyone a week later and tom still hasn't showed up. I wonder what is up with that? Nope, not pregnant, so get that thought out of your head, lol. Maybe eating properly and losing weight again has messed with tom? We'll see. At least I am not gaining weight...still hanging in there!

Suzanne...where are you? You OK?

Have a great day everyone!!!

Morning Girls.

I hate when I have a crappy sleeping night. Oh well.

This morning is our Family Breakfast, so I need to go in and get my hair dried and get dressed. Need to get the butt moving. Afterwards we are going over to Shoe Carnival. They are haveing a shoe sale and I need to find me some new walking shoes. Last time we went, they didn't have my size so I'm hoping I have luck today.

"Alaska State Troopers"? Never heard of that one. I bet it's kinda good though. What channel is it on?

Michelle, I've never taken anything like that so I have no advice for you. But I would be weary of anything that does cause a weight gain.

Kat, Is it possible to hang on and look for a new job? I hate that if it wasn't for the OM, that you would have the ideal job. Good Luck.

Jenn, Hugs to you and hope you get to feeling better.

I'm off to go eat, lol. Everyone have a great day.

I would imagine I will hang on at work, and just cope with it, I mean seriously how many people really love their jobs!!! Rick is stressing over yet another trip to Texas without me. The trips are something we used to really look forward to, we spent a lot of time working, but we were together, outdoors, and away from the "normal".

This trip is the one he takes his folks down. Well they have always been a bit demanding, as you all know from other posts! But they insist they go this week, as family there is telling us the pecans are all falling, and if we wait they will get eaten by bugs and birds or cows will trample them etc. Well Rick didn't want to go this week, as Tuesday is our anniversary. They could care less, it is not a big deal in their family. Rick and I don't make a huge deal of it, and we don't go overboard with gifts etc. We usually go to dinner, spend the day together, and if we see something we want we get it! LOL

Many, many years we have ended up in TX over our anniversary, so we take the day off, and we hit all the little shops----I collect antique farm items, so there is a HUGE abundance of it there! I have several hides in the house, we bought all of them there....same as my tractor seats....but this year we won't be shopping together.

Rick called me during lunch yesterday, and I was stressed, sitting at the Sonic sipping a DDP, stomach to stressed to eat, and just hearing him I started crying, so he is livid that the job has me so stressed. So he is pushing me, and stressing over me stressing.

What it boils down to is that on Nov.1st we had new laws go into effect in regards to identity theft, and ALL patients must have current insurance cards, ID, and all addresses must match. If this is not all in order in our files we can not see them, and if we face an audit without our files properly documented we can be fined. So the OM is making snide comments right and left at the Native Americans, she is very racist with them, and refusing to even discuss how the remedy the situation. Then rips me when she thinks I am softening and going to see them, which I am not, but there is no need to be rude. It takes me the same amount of time to tell them to go to the Public Health Dept, and speak to their case worker, or go to the HR at work and see them, as it takes her to tell them she does not know, it is not her job to keep up with their insurance.

So wait a few minutes, and someone else walks in the door, I ask for documents, that they don't have, and as I tell them we cannot see them, until they have all these items, here she comes and sees it is someone she likes, and rips me for them being an old patient, and they will get it for us, I need to get off my high horse.

Like I say she will not discuss any of this in private with me, it is always in front of people, she LOVES the attention of being in charge.

I have an opportunity to work with the daycare where Kinsey is going. But not sure I can deal with day care and someone else being in charge!!! I can deal with not being treated well myself if I must, but I cannot handle a kid being treated unfairly, and I just have a feeling it would happen......

So there ya have it!

Manda and Kinsey did not sound much better yesterday, but she said she thought they were improving. This crap scares me soooo bad. Them being sick is one of the biggest reasons I am staying here right now, I think if they were well, I would chuck the job and go with Rick, but I hate leaving with them sick, and just a few minutes ago Abbey called and my 9 month old grandson, Corvin is sick as well.......I might be needed here, so feel like maybe I should stay.

I don't know girls!!!!! I have not slept well....just don't know what the hell to do!

Maybe today I can decide.

Going to the movies...to see Michael Jackson-This Is IT. I am a fan, I admit it...

Lord keep me away from the bad Snacks please !!!

Good morning all

I am still very yucky!

Michelle, I am on Wellbutrin, but it took 6 weeks of side effects which i could deal with, before that I was on something else and I gained 20 lbs in a month, that was not ok, so is it something you can hold out for? that is the question?

Jen, I'm so sorry that you are still so sick. Try to take it easy if you can. Get better soon!

Thanks for the info. I think it's all stuff I can deal with for a time. I know there is always adjustment time with certain meds and figured this would be one since it involves chemical brain changes. Fatigue, light headedness, minor nausea, last night in the kitchen while making the muffins, had to sit down before I passed out. Never got close but started feeling it. I think I can deal. I will definitely talked to my doc if anything too serious happens.

Michelle-I started taking mine in the AM but I would yawn all day and be sluggish but when I would try to go to sleep, my eyes would pop open and I could not sleep. Then I tried to take it at night and I would toss & turn.

Try it diff ways and find what is best, just give it a week or 2. Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

Well everyone a week later and tom still hasn't showed up. I wonder what is up with that?

Thanks for the info!

Depo, I found out, causes weight gain! It also causes major mood changes. Every. Single. Person., I've talked to since going on it, has hated Depo! The only person who loved it is the one who suggested it to me before I ever went on it! I'm glad to be off of it.

Prozac doesn't have any indications of weight gain, so I'm hopeful. It can cause some appetite suppression to I'm kinda looking forward to that side effect if it happens! LOL! I am hearing that it's best to take it at night so we'll see what happens.

Strange what's happening w/TOM. I'm sure it will work itself out but in the meantime, hang in there!

This morning is our Family Breakfast,

"Alaska State Troopers"? Never heard of that one. I bet it's kinda good though. What channel is it on?

Hope you had a great breakfast! Best wishes on the shoe shopping too!

AST is on natgeo (national geographic channel). Wed night is the regular showing and then it's repeated on Saturday night, I think. Can't remember now, could be Friday.

I would imagine I will hang on at work, and just cope with it,

Manda and Kinsey did not sound much better yesterday, but she said she thought they were improving. Corvin is sick as well

I don't know girls!!!!! I have not slept well....just don't know what the hell to do!

Maybe today I can decide.

But DO you have to cope with it? That is the question. MUST you have this job? For some reason, I thought it was a "just in case something happened w/Rick's job" job. I'd have walked out a long time ago and told her where to stick it so I'm no help here!

I'm sorry the girls are still sick. They just need to watch for secondary infections and get in ASAP if anything strange happens. And now the baby is sick! :tt2:

Kat, I can see why you are stressing so bad right now. I wish I had some advice or solutions for you but I don't, or they wouldn't be helpful! :thumbup: LOL!

You are in my prayers. Lots of hugs.

Going to the movies...to see Michael Jackson-This Is IT. I am a fan, I admit it...

Lord keep me away from the bad Snacks please !!!

I hope you enjoy it. Those who have seen it seem to really like it.

I won't go see it. I preferred the early MJ. After the late 80's something happened to him and he was never the same to me again. Then after all of the accusations and his paying people off - I'd lost all respect for him and refuse to fund his legacy now. BUT that is just ME and my opinion.

I truly do hope you enjoy the film. :cursing:

~~~~~

Not much going on today. MUST. GET. LAUNDRY. DONE!!! LOL!!

Have a great day! BBL!

Kat, hubby and I have never been big at celebrating our anniversary. This year we are going on our 27th. together. We usually go to dinner and do X-mas shopping. We don't buy gifts anymore and I can hardly eat when we go out so it doesn't pay for us to go, but we do it any way. But thru it all, both of our famlies have always left us to do what we want. To bad his parents are seeing that, but maybe if you look at it like that you don't have much longer with them it might be easier for you to get thru days like this. I would also document all the times that the OM contradictes you and than take your concerns to the Doc. Let him know that you are trying to abide by the rules but they they keep getting broke and not by you.

Hubby and I went to breakfast this morning and had a great time. We left there and went over to Shoe Carnival and I got 2 new pairs of gym shoes for $60.00. I'm pretty happy. We came home and I dropped hubby off and I headed back to Wal-Mart to return something than off to the grocery store. Came home and started laundry, talked on the phone, made the bed, ran the sweeper in the bedrooms, mopped the kitchen floor, packed up a few things and than finished running the sweeper thru the house. Now I have my feet up for about a half hour before I have to head off to work. Tonight is also our monthly Women's Ministry meeting. I told hubby that I'm so tired and that I should stay home, but if you don't go then they volunteer you for things and I think I already do enough, LOL.

The weather is supposed to be real nice here this weekend so it looks like we will finish up all the leaves and make one last mow. Than it can snow all it wants to after that.

Everyone have a great day.

Hey y'all! Well here is the news....

I went in and had a heart to heart with the Dr. today. Told him I was planning to quit, and discussed issues with him. Now he and the OM are not romantically involved I don't think, but they are tight....one does not breath without the other knowing! He was not happy, he said I was working wonderfully, he was very happy with the job I do, and he did not want to lose me. He suggested I take this week, go to TX with my DH and then come in and see if anything can be worked out. So I figure, if in a weeks time, nothing changes, I will leave anyway, and if it does change, I will be thrilled! And if the OM gets all pissy and fires me, then I will simply draw unemployment, and be done with it!

So bottom line is I am leaving for TX tomorrow.....I am going to go in and talk with the Dr. and accept the offer, then leave!!! LOL the schedule is PACKED! So......I feel like I can breath a little better, and my DH is happy beyond belief.

Normally, I sit things aside, and make lists, and pack carefully, over a week or so......this is so out of my comfort zone in packing!!!! But we do have a house there, with many of our things in it, so it isn't like I have to take EVERYTHING!

We have the usual....shampoo, toothbrushes, blow dryers....as well as household item....towels, food.....all there, I mean it is a basic old farmhouse, simple 2 bedroom one bath....old and rustic. LOL

I am so mad....I cannot find what I did with 3 books on disc we bought, I wanted them for the trip, and they are MIA....and I do not have a week to find them!!

DD and DGD are MUCH better!!! No fever now in almost 24 hours, by morning they will have been well over 24, so she said if DGD is up to it they may go back to work/school. Then turned right around and contradicted it and said no they would take the last day, and be sure they were up well and go back Monday!!! She is SOOOOO my DD!!!

Well, I have a bazillion things to do.......and no time to do them! So someone keep a highlight reel for me!! I will be without internet for a week! We live rustic like I said!! Water and lights is about all we pay for year round, when we are there for only short times.

Will check in when I get back, thanks so much for all the support and understanding as I whine about my job!!! Hugs to all of you---see ya in a week or so!!

Kat, hubby and I have never been big at celebrating our anniversary. This year we are going on our 27th. together.

We aren't real big about it either. Sometimes we'll take a trip or something but we haven't done that in a long time. And the trips were never anything huge. Just nice , little getaways.

We'll be celebrating 22 yrs on the 28th!

Hubby and I went to breakfast this morning and had a great time. We left there and went over to Shoe Carnival and I got 2 new pairs of gym shoes for $60.00. I'm pretty happy.

Glad you had such a great time at breakfast and good deal on the shoes! Your day made ME tired! LOL! You must be exhausted!!!

The weather is supposed to be real nice here this weekend so it looks like we will finish up all the leaves and make one last mow. Than it can snow all it wants to after that.

We've had HOT weather this last week! Ridiculous for this time of year! Between yesterday and today, we dropped a good 20 degrees! Finally! Tho it's still warm for this time of year - late 60s/low 70s.

Hey y'all! Well here is the news....

I am so glad you're going!

I mean it is a basic old farmhouse, simple 2 bedroom one bath....old and rustic. LOL

Sounds like something I'd love!!

I am so mad....I cannot find what I did with 3 books on disc we bought, I wanted them for the trip, and they are MIA....and I do not have a week to find them!!

Hope you can find them before you leave!

DD and DGD are MUCH better!!! No fever now in almost 24 hours, by morning they will have been well over 24, so she said if DGD is up to it they may go back to work/school. Then turned right around and contradicted it and said no they would take the last day, and be sure they were up well and go back Monday!!! She is SOOOOO my DD!!!

So glad they are feeling better. Great idea for them to stay home another day. Can only help!

Will check in when I get back, thanks so much for all the support and understanding as I whine about my job!!! Hugs to all of you---see ya in a week or so!!

You're welcome and anytime!!

Have a GREAT trip!! See ya in a week!!

Jen, how are you feeling?

Tracy, how was the MJ movie??

~~~~~

No side effects yet and I took my prozac this afternoon. Feeling better even tho I'm still dealing with the lingering cold.

Hoping it ends up working out for me.

So proud. Got TWO loads of laundry done today! WhooHoo! LOL!

Off to the forest tomorrow for another woodcutting trip. Hope we come home with another full load. Time is getting short and we need more to get us thru the winter. Luckily the weather is holding, tho we do need the rain. Once it rains we won't be able to get in to the area we go as the road becomes muck.

Probably won't be checking in til late, if at all. Hope y'all have a great Friday! 'Night!

Good Morning Girls.

Kat, I am so glad that you had a talk with the Doc. I hope things work out when you get home but like you said, if they don't you can collect unemployment. Have a great and safe trip.

Michelle, good luck on the wood cutting. We have already spent 2 weekends doing that. Be careful.

There is a new Events Center that they built about 10 miles from here that is having it's Grand Opening this weekend. We have tickets alreadyt to go see Charley Daniels Band. So we are gonna go see where are seats are and take a look at the place.

Today I have to work a double shift. I'll get to come home for about an hour for lunch and than will have to head back to work. So it might not be till this evening before I can check back in.

Everyone have a great day and I see ya all later.

Good morning ya'll :thumbup:

The movie was really good. I believe more now than ever that his dr killed him. MJ was on top of his game the last few weeks of his life. I hope that dr gets locked up and they throw away the key. Sad.

I am SO upset over what happened at Fort Hood. For the life of me I will never understand it...

Kat-sounds like a good deal on the job thing! I am so glad you get to go to TX with Rick! Happy Anniversary & be careful!

Suzanne-reading your post of your busy day yesterday made me tired just reading it! :smile2: Dont work too hard today!

Jenn-how are you? How is Dylan?

Michelle-glad things are going well with your prozac so far! What is that Depo you were talking about?

Irene-how was your little trip yesterday?

Today is field day and carnival day and dd school. I am gonna go get dressed and bring my lawn chair out to the school & watch. It has been absolutely beautiful weather here! BTW, tom did show up. I guess better late than never! lol I knew you were all just waiting to know if he showed! :frown:

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by TracyK
to keep my thoughts to myself on the shooting :)

Michelle, good luck on the wood cutting. We have already spent 2 weekends doing that. Be careful.

Thanks, we try. DH never goes alone. It's a family thing. Now that DD is getting a little older it's a little easier to help him again.

There is a new Events Center that they built about 10 miles from here that is having it's Grand Opening this weekend. We have tickets alreadyt to go see Charley Daniels Band. So we are gonna go see where are seats are and take a look at the place.

Cool! And have fun at the concert! Love Charley Daniels!!!

Today I have to work a double shift. I'll get to come home for about an hour for lunch and than will have to head back to work. So it might not be till this evening before I can check back in.

Double-shift? Yikes! I thought this was part-time and you were retired? LOL!

The movie was really good. I believe more now than ever that his dr killed him. MJ was on top of his game the last few weeks of his life. I hope that dr gets locked up and they throw away the key. Sad.

REally glad you enjoyed the movie! And I agree re: the doc.

I am SO upset over what happened at Fort Hood. For the life of me I will never understand it...

It is SO sad! Lots of prayers for everyone!

Michelle-glad things are going well with your prozac so far! What is that Depo you were talking about?

Depo-Provera shot. It's a birth control option that is supposed to stop your cycle. You get a shot once a month or every other month. I found out later it causes weight gain and mood swings. Most people is seems to work okay for. For me, not so much!

Today is field day and carnival day and dd school. I am gonna go get dressed and bring my lawn chair out to the school & watch. It has been absolutely beautiful weather here! BTW, tom did show up. I guess better late than never! lol I knew you were all just waiting to know if he showed! :)

Hope you had fun today!

As much as it's a pain, I'm sure you're relieved that tom finally showed up.

Hello...Hello....Hello....Hello....Hello....Hello

Slow day the last few days! Okay, THAT did NOT make sense! I think you get the idea tho! LOL!

I'm here, just really tired.

Go to bed. We'll see you in the morning!

~~~~~

Woke up this AM with my cold in my chest. I get Bronchitis really easy so I'm trying to stay on meds to get things moving so it doesn't settle. This is getting ridiculous!

Got a good load of wood today. Full truck and nearly 1/2 a cord of wood! We'll go back out Monday b/c we are supposed to get a storm next week.

Only thing on my agenda tomorrow is helping DH unload the truck and get the wood stacked in the shed, if I'm up to it. Otherwise, I'll be in my jammies, on the couch, with my pillow and a blanket and hot tea and/or orange juice!

We'll see what ACTUALLY occurs! LOL!

Good night!!