Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I am up, ready to go, feel miserable!!!

All around me lilacs are in full bloom, and I am SO incredibly allergic to them. My eyes are swollen, my throat is swollen....Rick said he freaked out because I snored!!! LOL Live with it I told him....I do!

I live in fear that one of the ladies in the offices at the court house will bring a bouquet from home---it would literally run me out of the building. I have showed up at church before, only to have to leave, because someone brough them in a bouquet to share with everyone. I will admit they are gorgeous, but man.....they hurt me!!

Exercise? Remind me again what that is????

Well our tree is not getting taken out this weekend as we had hoped---the guy doing it had a scheduling conflict. So....some sort of dinner with Lenny before he goes I guess....I don't know, we are not in the loop!

Think I will stop at Sonic and get me a pop to take to work, maybe the caffeine will keep me awake this morning! LOL

Well it is time for me to get it together.

The County Clerk give us scarves with red white and blue stars and stripes to wear. Well it clashes with everything I have almost!! Today I am wearing purple! I am not wearing the scarf! I will wear my ID badge---but c'mon! If I have to look that stupid, I will just wear my sweats!!!

Have a good day everyone!

Good Morning.

Tracy, I love my treadmill. I use it during the winter time. I find a movie that is just starting and turn it on. Light the fireplace and then walk away. When I'm done walking I get on the couch and snuggle with the kitties and finish watching the movie. This is all in the apartment but since sis and BIL have moved in I haven't used it in over 2 years. I miss it alot. There are all kinds of walking trails around here. Sometimes we go over to the middle school and just walk the track. I used to get up at 4am to go walking before hubby left for work. It's cooler and that way I always had someone to call if I needed help. Keep working at it, you'll find when and where is best for you.

Kat, the lady 2 houses down has about 5 lilac bushes along here fence line. Every now and then we get a wiff of them. Oh they smell so lovely. That sucks that you have a reaction to them. I really feel sorry for people that have allergies like that. I love being outside alot. I love the smell of fresh mowed grass.

I wonder how Suzy is doing with her Foster Girl. Hope they are still getting along.

Michelle, How scary that must have been for not only you but for your family. I wonder what did cause it. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

Not working today but I have lots to do. We have a busy weekend ahead of us and I need to get food ready for all of it. Places to go and people to see.

I'll check in later.

Good morning!

Doing okay. Still wiped out. But trying to do better today.

DH and I analyzed everything from yesterday on the way home last night and we determined that I plain just probably hadn't eaten enough.

I had an Atkins shake that AM then sat down and did paperwork for church. Missing a morning snack. Then we went to pick DD up from preschool, then to lunch, then to the grocery store. At lunch I only had a cup of slit pea Soup but we figured my system was already crashing before the Soup could get there to help. By the time I got to the store, literally next parking lot over, I was in trouble.

That's the ONLY thing we can come up with. I haven't been very hungry lately so I haven't been eating like I usually do. Guess I'd better pay attention now.

DD seems fine this AM. I'll find out later if I'm still banned from the grocery store! LOL! Poor thing!

Hope y'all have a great day!

Michelle, Did they check your blood sugars? I'm sure they did but just wondering.

Yep, in the ambulance - 102.

Still not feeling good. Belly is uncomfortable when I eat. And now Michael is down with something. His belly hurts too and he's got diarrhea. Something is going on!

Oh My, it's supposed to get down to 38 degrees tonight. Good thing the electric blanket is still on the bed.

Michelle, could be that you did pick up a bug. It's been on the news here that there is a bug going around. I think I had a touch of it last weekend. Lasted about 3 days. Hope you guys get to feeling better soon.

Potato salad is made. Cupcakes are made and I have a bag of Doritos. All's we have to do in the morning is pasck the cooler with drinks and then we are off. Don't know when we will be home, shouldn't be too late.

'Morning!

DH is still really sick. Poor guy. And of course it's the weekend so no going to see his doc. I am watching for signs of dehydration at this point. He hasn't had much tho he's trying.

DD and I seem to be okay at this point, tho it's early yet! LOL!

Hope y'all have a wonderful day!

Just sitting here in the house, Rick is out tilling the flower/vegetable beds. I woud like to be outside, but the lilacs are too bad right now, and the Russian Olive trees are now budding out, and that doubles my issues. I am living on my inhaler, and hating it!

We went to Breakfast, with the parents, and DIL and 3 grandkids. Son was at Breakfast with co workers, saying goodbye, and he showed up later. Neither one of the girls showed up. They do not like getting up and going when they do not have to, so I wasn't terribly surprised. And with all that has happened with son, they are kind of distancing themselves from his drama. Oh well, we had time with the parents.

Rick got the tractor going, and plowed about half of what needs done. He might get the rest today, we will see, we have some shopping to do, so will just take it step by step and see what gets done.

Tomorrow, we are taking my Mom and Dad to lunch, not sure about Ricks. His sister from Denver is due in tomorrow, so, not figuring they will go.

His sister is going to be here all week, she is going to telecommute her work. Then Wed. we have more family coming in from Texas. Rick's 2 uncles and a cousin---all are from 70 and up, in his Dads generation. One of them is profoundly deaf, and communicates with a combo of sign and lip reading. Well his Mom is trying like hell to get US to put them up. I keep telling her to send his sister over here, and let the old men (NO offense intended, just fact) stay where they can visit and rehash old times with my FIL. She does NOT like that idea, and is being very difficult over it, is going to end up pouting, and making these men feel very unwelcome I am afraid. I have no real issue with them being here except I really don't have room for them all, and Rick leaves for work at 5:30, and me at 6:30 am. So........if I want to get them breakfast or anything, I am gonna be up early, and so will they---someone is going to have to sleep in the LR!! We could very easily put his sister in Kinsey's twin bed, and be done....she has 3 extra bedrooms....I have none. Guess we will see, I will do what I can to make these VERY special men feel welcomed.

I have put on weight.....time to get serious. I did good last night, and did good this morning, considering we ate out, and looks as tho we will be eating out all weekend! Sticking to mostly Proteins, and that helps.

Really want to get a handle on it now before it gets like it did before! I think I need a fill, I have none to speak of .25 cc. is all. Maybe a fill would make me remember the rules better. Although when I have time to get to CO to get a fill I have no idea. I work all month, then we go to TX. So would have to be between TX and when we are going to Yellowstone. And I hate spending our vacation money on it----but do not want to have to re-lose even more weight for the Lord knows how many times! Will try to draw from y'all and your commitment......share the mojo girls!!!

Well think I will lay down for awhile, this allergy medicine is kicking my butt.....

Happy Mother's Day!!

Hey Girls, Wishing all of you a very Happy Mother's Day.

Happy Mothers Day all!!!!!

How are you all doing?

Michelle, I started doing Isagenix, I will send you the link if you want. My hair has been falling out and I have not been eating well at all with work. I now have a shake for breakfast and a Meal Replacement bar for lunch and a normal 400cal dinner, I've lost 10lbs this week, my skin looks better, and my hair is not falling out, maybe will even grow back. I am starting to get my energy levels back and feeling pretty good. The shakes are natural whey and I'm not light headed and loss of concentration I've had with other shakes.

Kat - sending you some of my mojo... I'm back on track as of last week and I'm finally on my way to my last 25lbs

Suzanne - it is cold here too, I put my ac in for 1 day... now ready for heat today. How do you stay so good with all that food around... I love potato salad, would eat it all

Tracy - hey sister glad to see you are back on track! I enjoyed emailing you the other day and catching up

Crzytchr - hey there, how are things going with you?

Well, I love my job, I'm conpletely exhusted, feeling better like I said, but just done when I get done. I leave at 5:30 every morning and get home between 5-5:30 take care of kids and go to bed 7-8 with Dylan, sometimes before. Fell asleep on couch one night after being here for 5 minutes and then slept all night.

I am walking all day, I put a pedometer on the other day, which was a slower day, and I took 15,000 steps just at work. My body has shifted, I can tell, but just got back to my lowest this am. 179... I gained 10lbs working and i dont know how. muscle possibly.

My BIL called me at work on friday to tell me he has been getting amazing compliments and they are sending me to get my ultimate certs so I can be self sufficient and not have a direct boss. I am either going to NH next week or Rochester on June 1. I sent him the info, he can make the call and have the office girls set it up. I'm really excited. The next big class I can take will certify me to teach the 10 & 30 hr course on site. Plus will put me in another pay range.

I met a guy at work, no one knows we are dating because of conflict of interest, but he is helping and teaching me a lot plus is very good to me. He is not going to be mr forever, when the job is done he will relocate. He travels from job to job all over the NE, but he has tamed me... no more going out, getting me home by 10 when we go out, and it is fun at work with no one knowing, we tease the hell out of each other.

So overall is good except for having not much time for me, but after all these years of hard work, my career is finally taking off!

love to you all

Happy Mothers Day everyone!!

Jenn-good to see you and I am glad you are doing so well.

I will do personals later. Mom is coming in and we are bringing her to lunch to our fav Mexican food place with the #1 rated best Margaritas around Houston. :confused:

I will be back in later....

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Love you ladies and hope you have a wonderful day, whether you are "mothers" or not, you have "mothered" someone in your life, knowingly or not!

Kat, hope it works out with those special gentlemen. I would think they would be more comfortable at MIL's but not if she's going to be a brat to them!

Jenn, it is sooooo good to see you post! Thanks for the update. You sound on top of the world! The shakes sound interesting but I can't do natural whey Protein. I have a slight allergy to whey, can do milk, cheese, other dairy but when I go the full-board whey protein, it closes up my throat! Not fun!!! Otherwise they sound great!!! Thanks for sharing!

Feeling okay today. The "bug" hit me yesterday. So far today is okay but I just ate so we'll see what happens. Also completely wiped out from the last couple of days. Luckily DH is back on his feet now so he can take over again!

Clouds are rolling in after a sunny early morning. Supposed to get a small storm coming in tonight.

Have a beautiful day!!!

PS> WI yesterday AM and I lost 3.5lbs!

Michelle - that sucks, I feel amazing! Hope you feel better

Tracy- :confused: