Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Good Morning all

Running late, up and showered, Dylan has this morning express thing at school every Friday and I only go when he asks, and he did. First grade is going to sing this cute little song they have been working on, so I'm there!

It's raining so i'm going to the gym later this mornng. Yesterday I got so much done I'm so excited, I'm going to paint my hallway this weekend, downstairs part you see from the living room since It is now emptied outt and kind of flows with the room. I'm ready for my tree next week! yipee

have a great morning, I'll be back mid morning to check on ya'll and post some personal

Good morning ladies!! Sorry about my absence yesterday...I am just kind of down and do not wanna drag you all down with me. I cant get back to 229.5 to save my soul. Its not fluid...I guess I need to try something different to shake things up.

Kat-Macy is so excited about Thanksgiving/Christmas is isn't even funny! She wants a scooter and a bike and everything she sees on TV...Moxie Girls, ZhuZhu pets. I got lucky with the ZhuZhus, I heard they were going to be THE thing a couple of months ago and got lucky and got 4 of them AND some accessories :bored: Kinsey will be...4?

Donna-congrats on your approval! I agree with the others...stick around and post with us! We have old & new bandsters. We would love for you to chat with us!

Jenn-You like military guys? :tt1: I wanna put my tree up after Thanksgiving too. I just do not know where I am going to put it. Gosh I wish I had my own home. Maybe one day :)

Irene-you are awesome! You have done a tremendous job! I am so proud of you!

Suzanne-when is the cat scan? That is a good thing to hear about 3 years passing...you should be very positive! I will continue to pray for great things! (((hugs))) -2 by Dec 21st...only if you try really hard! lol....I think you have that locked up! No prob! :)

Tweety-good to see you again! How are ya? I love the coupon game. Now that I am a stay at home mom I do not really have anything to challenge my brain. Coupons do :)

Laura-how is mil? How are you?

Cindy-you still here? When do you leave for Florida?

Michelle-how are you? Hope you aren't still sick! Do you have lots of snow?

:lol: Hi to everyone else!

I need to bring dsd to school. I will see ya'll good folks later :)

Tracey-

When you want to lose weight to jolt your body give up wheat...no joke. Also, skim thru the book Eat For Your Blood Type by Dr Peter D'Adamo (?). Look at the list for Blood Types and just take some of the food off. No joke it does work. My DS should not have dairy and it shows in his strength performance but he will not give up the cheese. Me on the other hand do find that when I do give up the hard cheese..OMG...big differnce

To all

My MIL thank god went thru the surgery fine. She is in intensive care for the next couple of days before they put her in a special room then she has to go to a rehab hospital.

As for ME

I am thrilled that the MIL is OK, yet I am still praying and holding but breathe. AND this is not an excuss for me to eat CANDy....yet the other day my poor son left some out and I swear to you I did not even realise that I had eaten it. HE FELT so bad and apoligized. I told him that parents get stressed out as high schoolers do. AND parents can not hide from the responsiblility as kids can pass it on to us....great lesson for us all.

Well..gotta email my surgeon...I think my belly is going to fat heaven.

Thanks for all your concern with my MIL ...Jollygreen

Ms Diva...my sons laptop is the one I am using and pink does not show

Good morning ladies!! Sorry about my absence yesterday...I am just kind of down and do not wanna drag you all down with me. I cant get back to 229.5 to save my soul. Its not fluid...I guess I need to try something different to shake things up. Well, what the heck are you waiting for??? Get shakin':tt2:

Kat-Macy is so excited about Thanksgiving/Christmas is isn't even funny! She wants a scooter and a bike and everything she sees on TV...Moxie Girls, ZhuZhu pets. I got lucky with the ZhuZhus, I heard they were going to be THE thing a couple of months ago and got lucky and got 4 of them AND some accessories :bored: Kinsey will be...4? Well Dylan wants everything too but you know what? Santa is unemployed so he will get some games and will be simple. We are getting a wi from poppy so I'll get some games to go with it. Alex is all done, shy of getting her bellybutton pierced:eek:

Donna-congrats on your approval! I agree with the others...stick around and post with us! We have old & new bandsters. We would love for you to chat with us!

Jenn-You like military guys? :wink: I wanna put my tree up after Thanksgiving too. I just do not know where I am going to put it. Gosh I wish I had my own home. Maybe one day :) With all the work I did this year, it is going to be very nice and I can't wait, usually the tree is in the formal living room, which now I have 2 functioning livingrooms, so it will be nice. I'll post pics! I know.... who would guess me and guys in uniform and guns... :)

Irene-you are awesome! You have done a tremendous job! I am so proud of you!

Suzanne-when is the cat scan? That is a good thing to hear about 3 years passing...you should be very positive! I will continue to pray for great things! (((hugs))) -2 by Dec 21st...only if you try really hard! lol....I think you have that locked up! No prob! :)

I wish it was all that easy... I lost 8 gained 2 so I'm right back to 184, I suck as I'm sitting here eating a Breakfast sandi... taking forever but I am doing it!

Tweety-good to see you again! How are ya? I love the coupon game. Now that I am a stay at home mom I do not really have anything to challenge my brain. Coupons do :)

Laura-how is mil? How are you?

Cindy-you still here? When do you leave for Florida?

Michelle-how are you? Hope you aren't still sick! Do you have lots of snow?

:tt1: Hi to everyone else!

I need to bring dsd to school. I will see ya'll good folks later :lol:

Tracey-

When you want to lose weight to jolt your body give up wheat...no joke. Also, skim thru the book Eat For Your Blood Type by Dr Peter D'Adamo (?). Look at the list for Blood Types and just take some of the food off. No joke it does work. My DS should not have dairy and it shows in his strength performance but he will not give up the cheese. Me on the other hand do find that when I do give up the hard cheese..OMG...big differnce

Maybe when I go to nutrition monday i'll ask my blood type, I can never remember. Can't give so it has never come to question. Very interested to find out...

To all

My MIL thank god went thru the surgery fine. She is in intensive care for the next couple of days before they put her in a special room then she has to go to a rehab hospital.

That is really good to hear, I will continue to keep her in my prayers

As for ME

I am thrilled that the MIL is OK, yet I am still praying and holding but breathe. AND this is not an excuss for me to eat CANDy....yet the other day my poor son left some out and I swear to you I did not even realise that I had eaten it. HE FELT so bad and apoligized. I told him that parents get stressed out as high schoolers do. AND parents can not hide from the responsiblility as kids can pass it on to us....great lesson for us all. NICE, now that was just a reality check, and so very true, we take it all on and deal with it, and sadly sometimes we think the treats will make it all better.

Well..gotta email my surgeon...I think my belly is going to fat heaven.

Thanks for all your concern with my MIL ...Jollygreen

Ms Diva...my sons laptop is the one I am using and pink does not show

Well, here finishing up my breakfast and then I'm going to run to the gym and do some weights. It was rainy this morning so I didn't walk to school, but got in some other exercise. I have a very busy weekend coming up so of course I'll check in but might be running. I'm already exhausted and almost back to the old way of sleeping, passing out til 1 and then up for a few hours and then exhausted when time to get up.

Off I go, to Troy then going over to the new Y maybe to walk the track, maybe not...

Hi ladies, sorry I have been MIA, Just been busy with things around here. Tomorrow is my twins's birthday, dang I can't believe they are 24!!!!!

Irene, Girl you have come a long way, and your smile even more beautiful in your new pix. :-) Keep it up.

Everyone else, have a great weekend. I will try and make good food choices. ,,,

Kelly, back away from the birthday cake.... sigh.... I can do it...

Hey, Been really busy this morning. First we went to the gym and worked out. Came home and showered and did housework. Went to the bank and than took hubby to the Doc's to have his Glaucoma surgery. Brought him home and than went and made a beer run and picked up some Long John Silvers for lunch. Hubby is taking a nap now and letting the dilation wear off.

Kelly, you have twin 24 year olds? You look great for that. I thought you were a lot younger than that. Hope they have a great day.

Laura, so glad to hear about your MIL. I will keep her in my prayers that she wil recover very fast.

Hi Tweety.

Hi Tracy and Kat.

I'll check in later after I get home from work.

Hey girls~

Stopping in to make a post about my morning!

Stop right here, and everyone repeat after me....

"I am so proud of you Kat!" LOL Here's what happened.

Got up with Rick at 6, chatted with him til he left, and then got busy. Was cleaning my kitchen, cleaning out the fridge etc. I decided now would be a good time to start roasting the peanuts Rick gives to eveyone at work. I could not find my season salt. I mix it with garlic powder, green chile powder, onion salt, all kinds of things, process it to a powder and season the peanuts. I then figured out I bet Rick left it next to the grill on the back patio. So I walked out through the garage (attached) to the patio, and sure enough there it was. I picked it and some Montreal seasoning he left out there, and headed in the house. Mind you I am wearing jammies and socks....nothing else. As I stepped into my garage, which is finished, and is a laundry room on that end, carpeted, etc.....crawling across the floor......is a....TARANTULA!!!!!

I screamed, and carried on for a few seconds, before I realized I was on my own, there was no one around to rescue me!!! I spied a bucket on the porch, so I grabbed it, and managed to put it down over the top of him....but the handle kept it from sitting flat, it would not contain him! So I got an old container---Rick uses them to store things in the shop, but I believe potato salad come in it. Got it over the top of him. I am jumping around totally freaking out. I despise spiders, I am a HUGE chicken!

I was going to go around the house and remembered I locked the door when Rick left! Did not care that there is snow on the ground and people about and I am in short jammies, and socks! I am that scared of spiders!

With the container on him, I sat to think....I was afraid I would forget in my daily habit and walk out and kick the container off---since usually that floor is empty. So once again I got brave..... I put a jar on the floor and used the mop to move the container, and as hard as it was to believe he acted trained and climbed right in the jar. I sucked it up, grabbed the jar and put the lid on, then lost it and tossed the jar!! Good thing it was plastic. I landed softly on the carpet.....

The biggest reason I HAD to catch it, was I needed to KNOW where it was. The idea of him being free in our home was not an option. Him hibernating in my garage is not an option.

I have no desire to kill him, but I need him away!

When I told my neighbor, she is an animal (and ANY other kind of critter) freak, she was concerned he is not getting air! So she brings me a terrerium---like I want this for a pet! I want it for one reason only. My darling Rick laughed his ass off at me, and kept asking me if I was sure it wasn't a Water spider, 'cuz you know they get pretty big'......GRRRRRR I KNOW a tarantula when I have one of the hairy legged beasts crawling on my floor! I am keeping it for him to see.

Then she asks me what do tarantulas eat? Like I care, it is NOT a guest in my home! LOL

If one were brave enough he would mostly fill the palm of your hand. He is moving fast now he is in the warmer part of the house in that terrerium. The cold he was moving much slower. He is in the terrerium thing with a giant book on top....sitting smack in the middle of the end table.....so nothing accidentally knocks it open!

Girls I cannot tell you how freaked out I was, it took me 2 hours to get my heart rate back to normal. I feel like I slayed a dragon-------I am BRAVE!!! I am woman hear me ROAR!!!!

Need to get busy---gonna do a no-no, and cut and paste some of this to another thread, so I do not have to type it again!!!

Will be back to check in, just had to share my morning!!!

OMG, Kat. That was an amzing story. Very funny also. I'm thinking I would have had the same reaction. :thumbup:

So, have you named him yet????

Weekend is here and I have to work. Oh well.

Not much going on, should be an event-free weekend. I said "Should". Probably just get caught up on some stuff around here.

Have a great weekend Everyone.

Good morning all

Kat... that is the funniest story ever, and what makes it even funnier.... because that sounds just like me!

Hi Suzanne

Well, I got a call yesterday afternoon. I have a job interview Monday at 9am! I am so excited. Big construction company and the perfect job and pay is what I was making at Lehigh and temp to perm after 90 days and I'll have affordable health insurance and benefits again! The owner of the temp agency just got the job, has not even posted it called me and that is it. I might be working on the 30th! As much as I want to finish some things up around here, it will be so nice to have money, almost $200 a week more than i have now, I'm starting to struggle with the expense of winter heat, and holidays. I'll have to get new clothes, but business casual, so that is doable, stuff I can wear all the time, and I'm down to 3pr of jeans and a handful of shirts anyway, just didn't want anything new because I knew I was going back to work after holidays.

So, I'm going to have a little breakfast and jump in the shower, tan and get my hair done for my interview and go to a birthday party.

OMG, last night my friend Kerry got the Margaritaville margarita maker for her birthday from her hubby... so she needed help testing it for the party today. We made 2 batches of Margaritas and a batch of mudslides. Holy smokes, can you picture the state we were in, and after 4 hrs sleep, I'm up and running and going to do it again today.

So... have a great weekend all... I'll be back later

Yes I have named the tarantula....I lovingly refer to him as "that damn spider". It is the perfect name for him, fits him perfectly!

Abey (youngest DD) is taking him today. She is animal oriented, has spent most of her life working between pet stores and vets. She says I cannot turn him loose now, he will die, it is too cold, and he should already be hibernating. She said I likely disturbed where he was hibernating when we were doing the leaves in the yard. So....she said she will either just keep it in the house, in an aquarium thing until spring, or she will see if Tom at the pet store she worked at might want it. She also said he needs some crickets to eat....I laughed. I don't theeeenk sooooo. Not here anyway!!! Rick said we would deliver him to her later today!

I got up with Rick early this morning, he is working. He has guys wanting to take an extra day off at Thanksgiving, and this way they get their hours, and the work does not fall behind. When he left, I hit the guest room, and got it cleaned up seriously! Baseboards to ceiling it has been dusted, and cleaned and I threw away SOOOOOO much stuff! It was hard at first then I got into it! LOL

Now I am headed to town with my Dad to buy things to finish his shop walls. Who knew I was a shop designer??? LOL

Going to dinner tonight with Becky & Gary---been awhile, we have all been going different directions.

Everyone have a good weekend----be safe-----have fun!

Kat-I do not like spiders at all! I lol at your story cuz I can see you running around screaming! lmao!

Jenn-congrats on the job! :lol: Drink one for me!!

Suzanne-I cracked up when you asked Kat what she named the spider. Cute :thumbup: Dont work too hard!

Hi everyone-keep your fingers crossed and say a big prayer for me! We found a house that is lease with an option to buy. I LOVE IT! We are waiting to hear if the owner will make a deal with us. PRAY! Here is a pic of the house :frown:

Have a great day everyone!

post-220113-13813138907444_thumb.jpg

Just jumped in a looking at the posts

Congrats on the new job Jen

I have two ferrets for the kid and I swear YOU CAN hear me scream in California when they leave my sons room. THen my DEAR (???) son will freak out becasue I am scaring his animals. THANK GOD they do not escape much... husband plays with them... I just RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN......ugh

Now, Tracy.....I saw the picture of your house...I am definitely praying for you...maybe because I am Jewish but there is a cross on your front lawn..in the picture..the way that you took it....sidewise and i think that is a really great sign.......I grew up in an Italian, Jewish neighborhood so they always were into signs from above...so this is a great sign!!!

When I was a kid, it drove me crazy...now, I see that they were right...lol

Best of luck..

Also, I love the look of the home..dutch and the big windows is up my alley, it is also well maintained.........lucky you......

Edited by jollygreen1955

I'm so glad that yesterday is over with. My eating was way out of control. I mean way out of control. Ok, it's done and over with.

Tracy, I love the house and am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. Is that an extra bedroom I see for when I come to visit???? LOL.

Football day today. Ugh.

Good morning gals

Tracy - you go... this is the positive thinking, I get a new job, you get your house! I am so excited for you!

Suzanne, my eating has been out of control myself. I am sure I gained it all back, so I'm going to be very strict today to get rid of some bloat. I have to go see nutrition tomorrow and now i don't want to, cause I feel like crapola.

well off to drink coffee and hit the gym