Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Meal consumption

Hello All...

I was just wondering....post op...and after the liquid diet... when you are able to begin eating regular food...how much should you be able to consume?

Thank you for your help:wub:

Depends on you and your band and stomach and if you're filled and so on. Truthfully. I could eat a pretty good amount.

I'll give you an example. Preband I could eat 2 Chick Fil A sandwiches, 1 large waffle fries, and then within about 30 min of dinner I'd have a Cookies and cream shake (wonder how I EVER got to 405? LOL)

Post op I could eat 1 chick fil a, a few fries, no shake.< /p>

Now that I'm restricted pretty well I can eat 1/3 - 1/2 of a chick fil a , up to about 3 fries, no shake. I don't have it much because I am trying to lose, but I had one about 3 months ago when a friend was visiting from out of town.

So the band helped some, getting it filled helped a lot.

Now I can eat about a cup (by volume, not weight) of food. Pre band I could probably eat 5 times that.

Immediately post op (well i should say week 6 before I was filled, that is, but once healed and off post op healing diet) I could eat between 2-3 cups.

Hi, it all depends on your doc. my doc said i could start eating solids after three weeks. first week liquid, then mushy then solid. but i started slow with mash potatoes and fish. i cooked everything with mrs. dash seasoning no salt low fat but it was better then drinking my meals. i am so aganist drinking my meals that once i got to mushy i started to add some solids i just chewed, and chewed, and chewed. i take a very long time to eat. hope this helped but its your body its different for everyone take your time im 4 weeks post op and i haven't vomitted yet. don't rush take your time

hi, I am 4 weeks post op and am eating regular foods. I feel like I can def eat more than I expected I would be able to. Tonight for dinner I had 5 oz chicken breast and 1/2 cup of mashed cauliflower and 2 tbs green peas. I was full,not over full but full. I have lost 17 pounds since surgery but can't wait until I get a fill and eat less! Just choose wisely with your foods. So if you eat more than you expect, its healthy, at least!

Restless - wow that really puts it in perspective. Pre and Post and Filled. Thanks for sharing that. I am so glad I have this band in me now.

Thanks again for sharing with us. :w00t:

Restless - wow that really puts it in perspective. Pre and Post and Filled. Thanks for sharing that. I am so glad I have this band in me now.

Thanks again for sharing with us. :w00t:

I'm glad to help! :blushing: I know we're all a little different but I figured that what happened to me would be at least a starting point for others!