Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post your weight loss here we want to know!!!

Wow, such a great loss and at a great pace. Just my 2 cents, don’t let your doc (or BMI) be the judge of if you are at goal. If you are still losing fairly easily and you can still “pinch an inch” than why stop? Keep going till your body stabilizes on it’s own.

I agree with you. I have good restriction so I will still lose the weight. I am getting to the point where I'm losing muscle mass not fat. Will need to do some strengthening exercises. My goal of 223lbs is still a good one.

Restriction is GREAT!!!

Target weight is an interesting thing. Back when I started, a goal of 24.9BMI (101lb loss for me) was kinda one of those “yeah right” things. Now I am less than 5 lbs away from that goal and still losing at a good pace. I decided to strive for 15% Body Fat rather than an actual weight or BMI goal to try to get the best possible outcome from this. The way I see it, if I’m even a little overweight and can still comfortably lose, I might as well keep it up.

Good call on watching the muscle loss. I was starting to see that too. I added in strength training and Protein. I try to do strength 3-4 days a week and keep my protein intake up to 1g per pound of lean mass (works out to about 150g of protein for me). I also started taking the sport Multivitamin daily from GNC and Glutamine before and after working out.

28 pounds down in just over a month - woohoo.

Good Bye 350's

Good Bye 340's

Good Bye 330's

Hello 320's I'm just visiting. lol :wink:

28 pounds down in just over a month - woohoo.

Good Bye 350's

Good Bye 340's

Good Bye 330's

Hello 320's I'm just visiting. lol :)

WOW great work DueceCoupe.

I weighed in at 225 this morning. That's 5 pounds over my first goal I'd like to get below 200 we'll see how that goes.

band date: 06/15/09 (No pre-op diet)

start weight: 293

weight lost: 61 :)

current: 232

A bit over a year now

Peak 268

Start 262

Goal 170

Current 168

New goal ~160

Starting pant size 44x29

Current pant size 32x32

Modified my lifestyle on September 18, 2009 and I am down about 75 pounds.

I am getting banded on March 2, 2010 and have about 120 pounds to go.

I was banded on 4/10 I lost 40 pounds before that. At surgery I was at 288 and as of today I'm at 219. I've lost 69 pounds since surgery and 109 pounds total.

started at 350

17 months into it Im 112lbs down 8 from goal but Im thinking I might go 10 or so lower then my goal.

Its been a great trip, hate to say it seeing how many have to work hard for it but its been a peice of cake for me lol would of been at goal months ago but drink to much beer.

Good luck and good job to all of ya.

Comping up on 2yr anniversary of my realize band. Started at 323, now at 200. Been maintaining that weight for a few months now.

Currently down 99 lbs from the start of my journey last year. Banded May 1, 2009. I'm upset with myself because I have not been exercising...lots of excuses. I would be at my goal weight had I been exercising. Journey has been relatively easy. I do tend to still over eat causing me to vomit to get relief. That is the only bad part of the surgery for me. I don't really get a full filling when eating. I immediately get the pain in my chest feeling from eating, which I guess must be the full feeling. I need to start watching my caloric intake and not just rely on the high Protein diet. There are too many good sugar-free low carb products out there which are not necessarily low in calories My cholesterol level is a little high so I need to get that in check as well. Scars are nicely healed and you can barely see them. Jury is still out on excess skin. Keep up the great work everyone. :thumbup:

Doug, I think there are laws against being upset with yourself after losing 99 pounds.

You're doing great and you got sidetracked a little. You know what needs to be done to fix it. Go for it!

I was banded 08-10-09 have lost 100lbs since then and 118lbs total. Heaviest was 450 at 332 now!