Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Turkey Neck and Wrinkles

Well, apparently I freaked out over some rapid weight loss, and resultant crinkly skin features... following surgery, and I am guilty as heck - as I have been deliberately loading high calorie low density "foods" into my twice filled banded stomach.

First step is acknowledging this is what I am doing.

Next step is getting back on the bandwagon and riding this to its necessary conclusion.

With each fill the restriction is increasing, to the point I am not sure I can actually find a meat I can consume. It is 99.9% chicken drenched/doused/prepared with liquidy "gravy" stuff. I finally got over my fear of veggies, and I now eat carrots, broccoli, and squash, cooked/steamed to very soft texture. I did quit eating oatmeal at Breakfast (or any time) and am sticking with carb free eggs in the morning.

I have not been eating chicken salad, or tuna, or potato salad. I do eat some fish, but only when I can get the freshest catch of the day... I am not going to say what I was able to consume to the conclusion of all else, and take in enough calories to stop losing, but believe me when I say, it is an evil kind of food that shows up around Christmas and is found in abundance in Resort/Vacation towns and regions. I am off it now, FWIW :)

So, did anyone else out there freak out like this when they saw the wrinkly neck and chin, and crinkly eyes and mouth area? Does this go away? How do we get these areas to be more elastic, or does this require cosmetic procedures? Here I though I was aging extremely well, when it was fat deposits plumping things up all along.

The good news though, is I am actually still shrinking, and am down to a 1X just about - I have a few pounds to go before I can pull it off, but I have the clothes waiting. I cannot wear any of the pre-surgery clothes, they hang like sacks and the pants fall off.

As far as I can tell though, the plastic surgeon can suck all this fat out of my bum and fill in the wrinkles, cuz I am not going down without a fight!!! :)

Yes, I thought I was aging better than I really am too.

You get over it, but its hard to come to terms with the fact that losing weight doesnt make you perfect.

As to the rest of what you said, you sound very tight - why on earth would you keep getting fills if you're finding there's lots of foods you can no longer eat?

Hi:

Funny how the fat fairy seemed to delay the wrinkles and then she disappeared when we lost weight.

I think that a few wrinkles/crinkles under the chin and on the neck still beats three chins any day.

I also think that we're way too critical on ourselves. Take a close look at your friends necks that are your age. Chances are you'll find that they're getting a few wrinkles too, but you probably didn't even notice they had them.

Best wishes to reach your weight loss goals and become happy in the skin that you're in.

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

I would rather live with a few wrinkles than a whole load of fat. Wrinkles won't endanger your life in any way, carrying too much weight will. Having just one chin after years of living with at least three is wonderful for me.

Actually at the ace of 47 my face is in pretty good shape, but some of this is down to inheriting good skin from my mothers side of the family and in taking good care of my skin and not getting too much sun on it over the years.

I have to say I have never come accross anyone who deliberately overate slider foods to avoid losing weight. If you are really unhappy with your face and neck once you have lost weight there are plenty of cosmetic procedures that might help.

I hope you come to terms with your new face and body.

Sue

Hopefully I wont be too shocked at my wrinkly appearance when the time comes. I have tried to mentally prepare myself for the ugly, saggy skin. I hope to be able to get a Tummy Tuck some Lipo on my inner thighs and a body lift.

We'll see, since I have no clue what all that will cost.

It is amazing to me already just how much my body has changed. Sex is now amazing, it always was good but now that he can get his arms around me and I am much more limber from exercising and my fat no longer inhibits us from other positions. Sorry for TMI but I just had to share.

I guess I've been extremely lucky as my mother told me from when I was 8 years old to "cleanse..tone & moisturize" and I have done that, with the highest quality products since then. HOWEVER, my aunt taught me the GREATEST "secret" I'd ever known in my mid-twenties, and that is facial exercises.

I know some people out there thought (or think) I'm crazy, but I can tell you, without any doubt whatsoever, IT WORKS!!! I do them while I'm in the car, but especially when I'm at the gym. If you have any sort of problems with your jaw (TMJ for example) DO NOT do these exercises.

1. Lean your head back, looking up at the ceiling, extend your mouth into somewhat of a strained smile (until you can feel the muscles in your neck pull), hold for 3 seconds, then release and do again.

2. Tilt your head to one side, and maneuver your jaw (usually opening mouth up/outwards) until you feel your neck muscles pull, hold for 3 seconds, repeat

3. Tilt head to opposite side of #2 and repeat as above.

I spend at least 5 mins a day (that's all it takes) and my neck is FABULOUS!!

One last thing I LOVE. I went to the dermatologist in my early 30's and she suggested a very mild shock treatment on my face. It's basically a "wand" that you sweep over the face, and it sends little shockwaves to your facial muscles. This REALLY worked, but was incredibly expensive.

Well I found the "Facemaster" by Suzanne Somers (I know what you're thinking, but it works people) on QVC for about $100. It does the EXACT same thing, but you do it at home and for much less.

The premise for the minor electrode therapy is exercising the muscles in your face; makes TOTAL sense! Just like every other muscle in your body, if it is not stimulated it will sag. The electrode therapy massages the muscles under the skin and keeps them tight.

I have done the Facemaster for nearly a year now, and the facial/neck exercises for many many years, and everyone tells me how great my skin is. I have lost nearly 50lbs and my face shows absolutely no wrinkles whatsoever, nor does my neck. Both are tight. Just what I do. I say give it a try at least and see if it works for you!

OMG! I noticed a few wrinkles in my neck today!! I used to tell my older sisters (who weighs 90 lbs soaking wet) if I ever lost weight I WOULD TURN INTO ONE GIANT WRINKLE!! What can we do to help the neck wrinkles?