Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Wants To Share Some Recent NSVs??

I can paint my toenails without passing out.

I wear a smaller size now than when I got married 20yrs. ago. (size 8)

Sex with my husband is even more spectacular ever day.

Crossing my legs without holding them in place.

I'm 4 months post op. A few weeks ago my 16 year old daughter was giving me a hug and said, "Wow mom! I can put my arms all the way around you!" She's never been able to do that before! It was a great feeling! :)

i w2as driving home from work the other and noticed my hands while i was driving. My wrists are so small!! thin ankles and wrists are something i only wished for in the past

Sunday I walked 3 miles!! My DH and I used to walk all the time but as I got bigger and bigger I could no longer do it. I had a hard time walking from the house to my car without loosing my breath or gasping for air. This time I was not even winded at all!

One of my first big one was taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator to my 2nd floor office...

I traveled last month and I was only about 2 inches away from being able to buckle the seat belt w/out the extender.. that was HUGE for me because it's been so long, but now I know next time, I will be able to close the seatbelt w/out the extender

I joined Curves last week and worked out for the 2nd time, including the night I joined, and I did the full 3 circuits last night when I only could manage 2 the night I joined...

I can't help it. . I love hearing about everyone's NSVs (non-scale victories). They are just plain inspiring. If you have some to share, please post away! :frown:

Here are a few recent ones I have had:

- Being able to shop in the regular department and finding out that I am finally back in a size 12 (OMG!!!);

- I can wear heels all day without my feet killing me;

- I can run without my compartmental syndrome (a co-morbidity) cutting off my circulation and pinching my nerves! In fact, I am going to run the Komen Race for The Cure in September!

I could go on, but I really want to hear other people's!

Catherine

Always having to pull my underwear up.. :frown:

And walking at lunch time today, my thigh hurt some so I reached down and rubbed it and I felt muscle and bone, instead of jelly-like legs!!!

I love this thread, it is funny and inspiring!

I can wear a size 10 CK jeans! I haven't been able to do that since high school.

I can see my collar bone...

I got my knee high boots zipped up all the way and there was even room left over! YEAH! I have had those boots for 5 years and was keeping them until I could get into them!

Congrats on the boots! :mad:

I have not been able to zip up a pair of boots in years. I am hoping that by this winter , I will actually be able to be able to pick out any boots I want and wear them.

Good luck and continued success to all..I agree, all the NSV's are inspiring to read! :thumbup:

For the first time in 5 years I am back in a loose size 20 down from a very tight 24.

Actually being able to paint my toes with breathing like I ran a mile.

Going through my closet and getting rid of my fat clothes instead of getting rid of fat clothes for bigger fat clothes.

Just knowing that one day, I won't be the fat girl anymore!

:blink: It makes me want to cry with what I have acheived!

Congrats everyone! You guys are GREAT!

Hi all,

This is a great thread, I have had a lot of non-scale victories over the past 14 months. I guess the biggest and most profound are the mental changes I have gone through.

I have realized that this journey will only be as hard as I make it.

I realize that my self esteem does not reflect the numbers on the scale.< /p>

And I totally realize that my weight loss is 100% cause and effect. I used to think wishing and hoping were part of it, but sadly NO.

And I realize that this is NOT rocket science, I was making the whole process very hard for myself.

The band has done more for my head then for my stomach.

Lana, you hit the nail on the head... I too have found that one of the biggest victories has been what the band has done for my head.... you are so very right!! I think for me, knowing that the band is there to help me, to be a tool... has made all the difference in the world mentally for me....

Hi all,

This is a great thread, I have had a lot of non-scale victories over the past 14 months. I guess the biggest and most profound are the mental changes I have gone through.

I have realized that this journey will only be as hard as I make it.

I realize that my self esteem does not reflect the numbers on the scale.< /p>

And I totally realize that my weight loss is 100% cause and effect. I used to think wishing and hoping were part of it, but sadly NO.

And I realize that this is NOT rocket science, I was making the whole process very hard for myself.

The band has done more for my head then for my stomach.

It really is a trip. I love being on this journey I could never say that before. I erronerously thought I was cursed. What a silly, silly girl I was. Thank you for understanding, this is too deep for the masses...lol

I've only lost 21 pounds but just having this surgery has given me the motivation to really stick it out in the gym so that's where my NSV's feel like they are right now. My heart rate isn't going as high when I'm doing the elliptical and I'm getting in a full 45 minutes a day cardio plus weight lifting in between classes and a 30 minute session of yoga when I get home at night. Simply knowing that I've taken this big step in my life has helped soooo much. Plus, I seem to have a lot more time on my hands when I'm not constantly eating or planning what I'll eat next...who would have ever thought? Here's to a great future for all of us!

This is silly but it made my day!

I was in circle k and some guy walked in... we made eye contact, I smiled as I always do to people... I paid for my stuff left and was getting back in the car with my 19 year old son... I looked look out my window when backing out and the same guy was standing next to his truck watching me, smiled and winked... I thought to myself did that guy just wink at me and as I was thnking that in my head my son said the same thing... I laughed and said I think he did... My son said "Mom, the band is working!" We laughed but it was also an ego boost and we all need those!

My next one is yesterday I did 45 minutes on the tread mill. Never thought I could do that. I thought I was gonna die but it felt great!

I love my band :sneaky: