Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sarah's NSV List

Okay, as part of the "Slow Loser's Club" we have been ordered to each have an NSV list (ordered in a good way of course).

Here goes (in no particular order):

My class ring fits. I quit wearing it when it started eating my finger and was more comfy on my ring finger. That was some 4 or 5 years ago. I found it a couple of months ago and it's been on ever since (because it fits, not because it's stuck, LOL).

I am in a size 16/18. I graduated in a pretty solid 18. I can't find my darn Prom dress and I'm pretty confident it would be too big. I gotta search some more for that!

I am LESS than what it says on my drivers license, and I KNOW I was lying, because you can tell by the picture and what I look like now.

This pretty new: my engagement ring is only 3/4 of a size larger than my sister's class ring. It's 7 and 3/4 and I was sure it would be an 8. 1/4 of a size isn't much, but it means something to me.

My mom is telling people I'm looking good, and it's getting back to me. This is an NSV because she would NOT tell other people that if it weren't true. Even if she told it to me to my face (which I'm pretty sure she wouldn't, she's 'brutally honest') she wouldn't tell other people if she didn't believe it.

I can SEE the change in the mirror. It took MONTHS for this to happen, but I'm finally seeing it. Albeit part of the change is that my panni and boobs are hanging lower, but I know that's because there is less fat in them, LOL.

I HAVE A NECK!! I noticed this when I posted my before and after pictures on that thread. I can still make a double chin, but it's not ALWAYS there, I know you guys know what I mean.

I took a link out of my medic alert Bracelet the other day. I'd taken it out before but had to put it back because it just wasn't comfortable... fit, but wasn't comfy enough for something that is always on.

I'm keeping my toenails painted; this goes along with my "Woo! I'm sexy!" thread and picking something about my that I like (to start with). I also wore make up today and have been wearing mascara occasionally just because I feel like it. I'm wearing it often enough that I actually bought eye makeup remover the other day.

My fiancee told me that he noticed a difference. This was a while back, but he says it's hard for him to see because he sees me every day all the time (he doesn't notice things like going from red to burgundy hair either, so this was kind of big for me).

I'm smaller than when I met my fiancee. I met him on the internet and found the pictures I'd scanned and sent him before we first met in person. There is a pretty decent difference there.

I needed less than 20 lbs of weight when I went scuba diving this summer. Last time I think I needed 25 lbs. It's horrible to lug around that weight on the surface, but you need it to sink under Water, so the bigger you are, the more weight you need (how sick is that, huh?).

That's it for now. :D

10/04/05 - Today I joined a gym (an NSV on it's own) and the guy signing us up asked when the last time was that I felt "great". I said I'd always been a bit overweight and he interrupted me and said "You aren't overweight." I laughed and he said "Really, you have a little toning to do, but you really aren't overweight to me." I thanked him for the compliment but of course was thinking in my head "yeah, 80 lbs of toning up, lol".

:D

Update for 11/1/05. I compiled this list for the Slow Loser's NSV Challenge and thought I'd update it here.

I had a session with a personal trainer at the gym I joined, and when he asked what I'd been doing and I told him 35 minutes on the Elliptical, he told me I was ahead of the game because alot of folks go in there and can't do 10 minutes of cardio. There was a time when I was one of those people, so I think that's an NSV.

I bought a shirt at Hot Topic the other day. Granted it's a 2X in girls which is kind of funny, because I have Large shirts that are bigger, but hey. It's a "girl's" shirt, so it's more form fitting and look pretty good.

Oh! I went to Lane Bryant to get a shirt, and the smallest shirt size they had was too big. I could still buy pants there, but not shirts!

I've been moving back toward my funkiness from my fun days. I used to dress exactly how I wanted at it was "me". Then I entered the corporate world and gave it all up, so now I'm getting it back! This goes along with caring what I look like when I go out. First I just wanted to look 'nice' or 'decent' and now I want to look like "me". If that makes any sense.

Those are all fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

I haven't been keeping a solid list of NSV's so far, but I think I'm going to start as they seem to be happening more often now hehe.

Guest myband

Your not the only one...I dont know what it means

Fantastic, you are really doing well! I found my class ring, it doesn't fit yet but your post gave me another incentive. Congrats!

Okay, much past due for an update, but I've been busy!

Alright, well, in the last 2 weeks of November I was moving to a new place. There are a decent amount of NSV's associated with this.

My old place was a one bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor. I did tons of moving and packing and running up and down those stairs, and hauling stuff onto trucks. My muscles were generally sore afterwards but my lungs didn't hurt because I wasn't huffing and puffing! I now have a 2 bedroom place with stairs in it, and i'm up and down those stairs all the time. And more often than not, I'm running up and down the stairs, not walking. Walking up and down stairs takes to long, you know?

When I first started this thread I had an NSV that my class ring fits. Well, now I need to get it resized. It still 'fits' but when I wear it it never stays straight and I'm afraid it will fall off. Fortunately my engagement ring was snug when I got it, so it still fits nicely.

I haven't lost weight in a while, and even gained a few lbs (but fortunately I finally got that gained few lbs off), but I swear the other day when I put my jeans on they fit different than normal and they were right out of the dryer. Usually I have to squeeze into them (not lay down on the bet to zip, but still squeeze), and I didn't the other day. It might be the gained few that caused the squeezing, but I'll list it anyway.

I LOST WEIGHT OVER THE HOLIDAYS. Granted, it's weight I'd lost, then gained (5lbs), but still. That's more of an SV, but the NSV comes in the form of all the snacking I DIDN'T do. Mom made 2 batches of fudge, a half batch of truffles (just for me), a batch of sugar Cookies, a batch of gingerbread cookies, and I made 2 pumkin pies. In the course of 2 weeks, I maybe had 5 cookies, and 2 pieces of pie. I did eat most of the truffles over time, and a few pieces of fudge, but that was over the course of 2 weeks! I remember before coming in, grabbing a couple of cookies, grabbing a couple more a little later, and a little later after that, etc etc. :D

Wow! You are doing great! I'm proud for you! I need to see if I can find my NSV list & do some updating myself! Keep the good things coming!