Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my second fill today, but it's too tight. I can't even swallow my own saliva. I know several of you have been in my position before. I am going to go back to the doctor tomorrow morning to have some of the Fluid taken out. Right now I'm carrying around a "spit bottle" with me. Ew. Is there anything I can do to get a little bit of relief until tomorrow morning? I'll see the doctor at 10, but it's only 7 pm here right now and I'm driving myself crazy by counting the hours. I've been listening to my stomach gurgle incessantly for hours ,been spitting like an old tobacco chewing man, and feel really pinched and tight in my abdomen. Help?

What you describe sounds really horrible. Aside from having some saline withdrawn from your band, I don't know of anything else you can do. I would recommend that when you get your next fill you wait in the doctor's waiting room for an hour or so and make sure you drink during this time to make sure before you leave that you are not too tight.

Wow.. you're scaring me I go get my second fill today also, actually 45 minutes from now, it's 1:45 my time my appt is at 2:30. I hope you feel better, I might take Failure Isn't an option advise... At least 30 minutes before I leave the dr's office... I hope you feel bettter tomorrow after he removes some of the saline.

Thanks, guys. :thumbup: I hope taking some saline out is all that needs to happen. I waited a few hours and tried sipping something warm, but it came back up. There just won't be any swallowing until I have at least 1/2 cc removed, maybe even the entire 1 cc he put in today.

When I had my first fill I had to sit in the room and drink Water to see if it was ok. The DR was sitting next to me and he could hear it bubbling back up so he removed 1 CC and everything was ok. I don't know of much you can do at this point. Maybe trying to take a small spoonful of water at a time to see if it goes down.

Good luck!

You poor thing! Be prepared to go to the emergeny room if necessary! Do you have anyone to drive you if you do go? Maybe you can call someone to stay with you tonight?

Leave first thing in the morning and let us know the outcome!

Good luck and take care!

ps...I don't go to the emergency room unless I feel there is no way to keep going. but my advice to you is to go now. I know it doesn't make sense, but it really is the practical thing to do when you can't swallow your spit. take care

Edited by denouement

be careful cuz u can dehydrate..I would call the office and speak to the operator cuz even if the office is closed the operator is always available...see wut they can do

You risk dehydration and your doctor should not have made you wait but had you come in right away - regardless of the time of day or night. You need to address this with him when you see him.

I don't have any suggestions for help (just my best wishes to you)

But, this is a great reason to make sure you schedule your fills for the first part of the week, like you did. In case you have problems like this, the doctors office is open for you.

I'm going to the ER. I have to go to another hospital, though, because no one will speak English as the hospital where I had my surgery. I just hope I have enough cab fare to get to the one I'm going to right now. I woke up about 45 minutes ago and vomited and I'm pretty sure there was blood in there. That's not good. I'm not going to wait until my 10:00 am appointment. It's 2:00 now and I must take care of this. I'll update.

Wow! I hope things worked out for you. From what I understand the emergency room can't do a blessed thing for you. They do not remove saline from over-filled bands. I learned that before I had the surgery. I hope something changed there.

I just had my 4th fill since October. He only put a half cc in. Why is your Dr. in such a rush. This 4th visit is the tightest I have felt. Prior to this I could eat most anything and still lost 40 lb.

I hope things worked out for you, Goddess.

I'm going for my 4th fill friday. Up to now I've been able to eat anything I want, 6.5 cc in a 14 cc band. I'm hoping that after friday I'll feel some restriction.

Edited by Hacker

Wow I just had my second fill today only have 3cc's in a 10cc band was kind of wanting it to go faster but after your story glad they are taking it slow. Hope it works out please keep us posted.

This sounds horrible. :unsure: Please post what happened when you get back from the ER. I really hope everything turns out ok...

I had my second fill today. Total of 4.5 cc's in a 10 cc band, now. Before I leave, they make sure I can drink 4 oz of liquid, comfortably. The nurse watches me the whole time. Kind of makes me self conscience, but I know that she's just looking out for an over-restriction.

Tomorrow when you go for an un-fill, ask to drink some Water before you leave.

I hope you feel better soon