Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

internet is scaring the beejeezees outta me!

I have my band surgery on friday and I read that "funeral" post and I am freaking out! Then I read about other people dying on the web, If that funeral post isn't true .... well, I just don't know what to say about why someone would do that. I know it's normal to be scared but I am freaking out now! I am 26 - way too young to die!

The likelihood of you dying under anesthesia is about the same as the likelihood that you will get hit by a bus crossing the street on your way home tonight.

Deep Cleansing Breaths... Its ok. Really. We could all die any day for any number of reasons. This surgery is a good thing.

I had read enough to make me nervous, too. I made all the plans for what happens if I don't come home...showed hubby where the will is filed, gave someone on LBT my phone number so if I didn't post, she could call hubby. He has no clue how to do the message board. etc. etc.

Fact is, even if the funeral post is a fake (why would someone do that?!) it COULD happen. I took solace in the fact that my MX doc was very experienced. Person after person went and came back just fine. Yes, some folks have problems but nothing I knew I couldn't deal with if needed...at some point, I just had peace and went forward. I did a little "OMGosh, what the HELL am I doing?!!!!" but, like Jack, look at me now. I haven't been below 200 since before my first child was born. 180's, here I come and it only gets better from here.

It's normal to freak out. I want to say "Don't worry, it will be fine" but I can't promise that. However, most likely it will be just fine!

((((hugs))))

My justification is simple- if you are obese as most of us are, you have a far better chance of dying from all of the afflictions that are caused by obesity than you have dying while you are being operated on. My understanding of that post was that her friend had a reaction to the anesthesia. If you have been under general anesthesia before and have come out of it OK (even if you haven't been put under before), you really have nothing to worry about.

On the other hand, if you do not take this step to help correct your weight problem, you are an excellent candidate for heart attack, diabetes, hypertension, hardening of the arteries, intestinal blockages, etc. These things will kill you!!

You will be FINE :-) and on your way to a healthier, LONGER life!!!

What Funeral Post?

OK,found it....

It's normal to be nervous before surgery. If you weren't nervous, there would be reason for concern.

Before I went in for my surgery, I did the whole freak out thing. Left a letter with my husband for my daughter, with lots of pictures of us together in it .. just in case.

But like Rene said, we could all go at any time. This surgery has most definitely prolonged my life, given the path I was on.

I have my band surgery on friday and I read that "funeral" post and I am freaking out! Then I read about other people dying on the web, If that funeral post isn't true .... well, I just don't know what to say about why someone would do that. I know it's normal to be scared but I am freaking out now! I am 26 - way too young to die!

hey dear i understand you i was freakin out too few days before my surgery..

i wrote also a letter to my mom (just in case) (knock wood)

everything will be fine on Friday, don't worry!

as about the "funeral" post, in my opinion that was the point..

to freak out people here.. very bad try but i didn't believe it of course!

lovz

I didnt settle till I had been to a face to face info session and actually seen the surgeon. There's too much bad stuff on the internet.

I know this is going to sound horrible, but if I die, I'm dead, so I have no worries. I'm not married, no children, not close to my family and don't have any real friends to speak of. My only concern is what will happen to my cat and my fish. (I will make provisions for someone at work to come get them if something happens to me. I'm glad I won't be around for that since none of my co-workers will even know I'm having the surgery. *awkward*) However, if I die on the table and my pets wind up suffering or neglected because the hospital didn't notify the right people, I will be really really really pissed off and will probably haunt the surgeon for all eternity.

as about the "funeral" post, in my opinion that was the point..

to freak out people here.. very bad try but i didn't believe it of course! lovz

I agree with Mary, I think it was just a troll trying to scare us.