Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Just tell them that you are going to the

GREAT WHITE NORTH!!!

:rolleyes2::lol::w00t::lol::w00t::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously. you would fly into Toronto, Pearson International Airport, call sign YYZ...

I`d pick you up from there... its about a 1 1/2 hour drive to my place in Wasaga Beach. That would be so fun if you could come, and there`d be no expenses for you once you got here... you`d be my guest... Peter would love it too!!!

«My daughter lives in Toronto, so we could always make a day trip or two, see the sights of Toronto etc...

Our usual Xmas celebrations go like this: Xmas eve the kids come up to the beach, we do gift opening Xmas morning, then dinner is with my MOM at the Seniors Residence (she will not go out for meals anymore, so we go there) they put on a really lovely dinner for the residents and their guests. As most of the 70 Seniors still go home to their family... it makes for an intimate dinner... wine and everything!!

Then the kids usually go back to Toronto on Boxing day (26th) to spend it with Bryan`s family... then we usually had a JOINT dinner sometime that week... where we have BOTH familys...we did it at the kids last year... Bry cooked Prime Rib and I did the gravy, potatoes etc... Hopefully, this year they`ll cook Vietnamese food for a change...who know???

Anyway, you are more than welcome, ANYTIME!!!

Candice

That sounds like a GREAT Christmas celebration!! I think I'll come, too!! LOL!

I had to go outside and pick up puppy poop that I almost forgot about so now I forgot what I was going to say!

Ah... candice... headache yesterday, backache today. Had to take some Ibuprofen. That took the edge off. Glass of wine made me feel a LOT better! Don't think any physical injury from the accident, but a lot of tension and stress is probably causing the increased pain. It's worse than it has been since March when I had that bad episode. Will try to walk tonight, but only made it as far as the dumpster last night.... 2 buildings down.

I went to bed 2 hrs earlier than normal last night.. 10 pm.. when Earl went. You may have already read this story on the other thread, but.... Earl was coming right behind me so I told him to bring the crate. So he gets to the bedroom and he's carrying Zoey but no crate. I said, "You forgot the crate." He says, "We don't need it anymore!" HAHAHAHA!! The Dog Rules completed. She slept on the bed with us AND... the cat didn't run away. She stayed too!! Amazing!! So... we're lying in bed facing each other, the light is still on, Zoey is curled up under Earl's chin, and all of a sudden he gets all choked up and starts telling me how much he loves our little puppy! Do you believe this is the same man who insisted I could NOT have a dog!!???? LOL!!

Food today.... eggbeaters omelet in the morning with a VERY small, VERY thin pancake.. Then Zoey and I went for our latte, her treats. Then we went to costco and Walmart. So lunch was Costco Snacks. I had a couple of bites of pork loin with Yoshida sauce on it. Didn't know I dropped a spot of sauce on my shirt until I got in the car and Zoey started licking it! She licked it until I had a silver dollar size wet spot on my shirt! But... guess what... stain is completely gone!!

Also had a little chicken & rice, corner of a ham and cheese sandwich, and that's about all. Dinner... small piece of BBQ steak w/mushrooms, onions and garlic cooked on the grill, 1 ear of white corn. Had a SF, FF latte this morning, glass of wine this afternoon.

I hope to take a walk in about an hour if my back doesn't hurt too bad. that's all for now, folks!

taf.gif

You got me crying Linda - Thanks !!! We are ok - and you are so right about setting limits - he does understand but it hurts me so when he hurts.. But I can't fix everything and he understand - but as we all know - tough love is harder on us than them ;0)

This morning thought I lost Bella !!! Got on the computer to pay my bills and the last ones for Bro's estate - and then posted - Bella was in the back yard - well went to look for her- couldn't find her - called called - ck'd the rooms my closet - couldn't see her - so figured she got out under the side gate - (she has never ventured that far she stays on the grass) so go walking barefoot calling for her - asking pple - the street was hot - (now have 2 burned feet) got in car drove around - came home started printing flyers - thinking the whole time - omg - i've lost her - Andrew is going to be so hurt... he spent his $$$ on her and she goes for surgery (hernia) next week - so got pictures printed - offered reward - go to bedroom to get dressed (put some shoes on) and there she was asleep in my closet.. She's so tiny I didn't see her and guess my calling her didn't wake her up..

What a relief... So I made sure the side is blocked off - but have 2 burns on the bottom of my feet..

Enjoy your quiet time ;0) - LOL so I take it Mel's not a hands on grandpa - I sorta understand w/Levi being a baby - but Cora is bigger now.. Well his loss..

Oh, my goodness!! Sorry about the drama with Andrew over Ryder. Was hoping the new puppy would help fill the gap. Hope he gets over it soon! Is Ryder somewhere that he can visit him??

Funny story about Bella.... but not at the time! I can only imagine your anguish!! Like I felt yesterday morning when zoey was so sick! I wasn't sure she was going to make it but she was back to normal by last night!

Earl was so frustrated today because there was absolutely nothing he could do about getting the car fixed... nothing open until Monday morning and we have a VERY busy day on Monday... Agreed to help with the WA state Sky Valley reunion picnic. In fact, we agreed to take it over starting next year, so were asked to get there early on Monday to help set up and learn what is involved so we can be ready to do it next year. So... will weigh in on Monday at TOPS and then go pick up this old lady at a nearby nursing home and head out to the picnic. I think it's going to take up most of our day which will further frustrate him!

Hi--Enjoying some quiet alone time after an evening/night/morinig of two kids <2. Andy and Penny decided it was time to go out as a couple with their friends, so they dropped the kids off around 3:30 yesterday and took off. I insisted that Mel stay home last night, but I shouldn't have bothered. At one point when both were screaming, Melsky was outside raking the lawn (an acre more or less). Another time, the kids and I were in the basement and I was trying to get a video on the big screen down there for Cora, and Levi was screaming in my arms--where was good-ole-Melsky? Upstairs on Craig's list!!. By the time I got both of them fed, bathed, (oooh thoes poopy diapers :rolleyes2:) and sleeping (9:00) Mel was sleeping on the couch.

Andy and Penny had a good evening out and decided to sleep over here when they got back, so I got up early this morning and got Cora out of her big-girl bed and fed her Breakfast before Levi and mommy got up. Mel, of course, was gone by 8:00 never to return. But the good thing is that Andy did some things for me around the house when he finally did get up. They all left shortly after lunch, but Andy called later and wanted me and Mel to go to the stock car races tonight with him and Cora. I'm just too tired and my leg hurts, but guess who was raring to go? Enjoy yourselves!

Phyl--the good news is that the week is over. Three bad things happened--it's over and you survived! Hope you're feeling better--no more aches and pains? Are we allowed to take Aleve? I thought only acetaminophen???

Speaking of limits: Atta girl Candice! You set limits with Peter today! You handled that perfectly!! YOU ROCK!!

(YES!! I will have to remember that line!!! LOL!)

OK, Carla, Karrie, and Stephanie: Your turn. Carla--I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I didn't get the details, but I gather it's been another difficult time for you--another loss. How are you doing? If it doesn't work to go to Ontario for Christmas, how about Wisconsin? Check out fares to Milwaukee. We've got lots of room--just ask Candice!

Sorry about your frustration with Mel. He doesn't know what he's missing!! Earl has always been a very "hands on" grandpa! From tiny baby on, he's enjoyed spending time with them and helping to take care of them. I have photos of several of them sound asleep on his lap, in his recliner, with him sound asleep too!! Very cute! Maybe he'll get it when they are a little older. Such a precious time for us as grandparents! He shouldn't miss out on that!

No, I probably shouldn't be taking Ibuprofen... didn't take any Aleve... but I was in so much pain. I think I've taken it several times lately because of back pain, headache or pain in my rt. foot from an old fracture. If I take it, I just try to drink a lot of liquid so it doesn't sit in my pouch!

Phyl - I don't think visiting him would be a good idea - just open up the wounds

Ya the incident this morning - Andrew wasn't here (spent the night at his Mom's) I thought OMG what am I going to tell him.

No Bella isn't filling the spot - he loved Ryder - but it's his choice - he can always move to his Mom's - I sort think in a way he was trying to maniuplate me - he kept saying if he moved out I would be sad that he was gone - How do you say no I wouldn't :0) - Yes I would but at times no I wouldn't :w00t:.. I think he's afraid to leave me alone.. OMG I'm 55 - I'm a big girl - I would be ok - and I bet I would see him more often and we would talk more - he made the statement - you are always calling me when you are gone or I am gone (out of town) - lol - Yes I might call once to see how you are but you are the one calling me 3-4 times a day when you are gone telling me all the stuff you are doing - :rolleyes2:

Ya there's nothing to do till Monday about the car... I know how frustrating that is - I need to take mine in to get estimate to fix scratches and the bumper I messed up - just not enough hrs in the day - plus then I will have to get a rent a car !!! Plan on doing it next Friday (my FF)

I only take ibuprofen or aleve on an empty stomach so that it doesn't stay in my pouch and I drink drink drink - i don't do it often - maybe 6 times in the last 3 yrs max - but no we aren't suppose to take nasids (I think that's the tech name for that type of aspirin oh ya we aren't suppose to take those either)

Linda - do you think a baby asprin would be ok - you know it's suppose to be good for the heart ;0)

Edited by IndioGirl55

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,5561505173

Thanks Linda for the kind words... I just have to keep practicing "MY JANET VOICE!!!!" lol

Oh, Janet; I am sorry to hear about Ryder and Andrew issue... I know you heart must have been breaking the whole time... but you are right to put your foot down. So happy that BELLA was just hiding on you... what a releif!!! In time Andrew will see that you were right, that dog is just too much of a handful for a smaller house, especially when you are not home all the time to supervise. I still have to WATCH Bridget, as she has taken to DIGGING Holes in my back yard!!! Just waiting to trip and fall into one - they are huge!

Phyl; Go to the doctor about your back, you may have (unknowingly) made it worse with the rear end car crash... it dosn't take much speed to give you whiplash or a wrenched back... just cover your bases... just in case you need the M.V. Insurance claim. your story about Earl tearing up ...ahw, he is SUCH a softy eh? Gosh, I guess we'll just have to KEEP HIM:rolleyes2:

Stephanie: where are you today? making plans for your PINK=A=THON? Peter's band is playing ina Breast Cancer benefit event in Barrie middle of oct. hopefully it should raise lots of dough for a good cause.

Karla: Keep posting girl, don't be lurking out there and feeling sad... Its o.k. to feel sad, especially at this time... but don't shut us out o.k.??? HUGS

Well girls, Sat night... pretty quiet here. Just came home from one of Peter's gigs. He had to stay and tear down, so not home just yet.

Tomorrow morning the gym with MIchelle... ( I took today off) I was planning on dancing my brains out tonight at the bar.... but not one single Man or Woman would dance with me!!!! :rolleyes2: so no exercise there except lifting my wine glass. ( yup, I counted the cals)

Phyl

Doesn't really surprise me about Earl getting all choked up about Zoey - He has the softest heart ;0)..

Bella slept w/me last night - took her out when I would wake up didn't feel any wet spots :0) I can't wait till she's potty trained - have read where yorkies can be difficult..

Candice - Sorry you couldn't dance - Yea going to the gym tomorrow !! Me too 10 a.m. ;0) burned feet and all..

Karla Where are you - Hugs...

Steph is selling pop corn I think ...

well gotta go flip Andrews meat..

Ok back -

Went to costco Picked up my computer/reading glasses for the days I don't feel like wearing contact (often) - I gotta find my other frames and take those in and get tri focals made ;0)

They didn't have any great samples - guacamole - oh some to die for garlic cheese (bought it / shouldn't have - will be taking it to work on Monday) bought some lamb chops - Wanted something sweet - but not going to buy giant size of their stuff - so didnt get anything - got some green Beans too.

Came home had 4 reduced fat crackers & cheese (would say 2 oz - 1 lamb chop - getting ready to eat some squash & another lamb chop..

Well gotta go ck the meat..

CBL

Janet voice lol - ya I'm right there on your shoulder !!! At all times :0)

I'm not avoiding you all, just had to work, then build and fill and plant a flower bed. Still trying to finish homework.

We had hail yesterday at work, fortunately not too bad. I was watching it come down and thinking about the bosses business if it got bad enough to ruin the plants, but it didn't thank the Lord.

food, not great. But a new start today. I was so tired last night that I ate some junk food.

Thanks for the invites for Christmas Linda, Candice. I really don't want to stay home alone this year. But we will have to see what the finances say. Maybe I need to grow up and accept the fact that a lot of people spend holidays alone.

Well, need to get my homework emailed. Check in later!

Good Morning Gang....

Karla - You only have to be alone if that's what you choose. Yes kids grow up ;0) have their own lives - You could always go to your Mom's if you can't make it to Candice or Linda's.. How far is your Sister & Bro.. They would love to have you..

Well gang have gym in 45 minutes.. Plios - am a bit tired this morning - didn't get to bed til about 1 or 2 not sure (drank coffee yesterday evening) up at 6:30..

Well, nap may be in my afternoon plans ;0) or maybe another cup of coffee right now..

CBL

Good Morning. Didn't think I'd have time to post until much later so I sent Janet a short email. But... now here I am! Just got back from church. We have a church picnic at noon, so leaving in a few minutes.

Back pain is terrible today... back to the intensity it was last March when I went to urgent care. Took a pain pill before church and all it did was make me light headed! Don't know what to do. Yes, Candice... I should go to the Dr! But.. it's Sunday and I don't want to sit around in ER half the day. Tomorrow is super busy. Sky Valley WA state reunion picnic up towards Camano Island. Could go to walk in before that except we are supposed to get there early to help set up because we agreed to take over organizing it next year. Lady who has been doing wanted off the hook. In a weak moment I said we'd take over. So she wants to teach us what is involved. But... I might skip TOPS weigh in and go early to Dr. office as walk-in. Not that I think they can do anything... but to document that the back pain was intensified, apparently by the accident. Because I told the insurance people.. no physical injury.

Zoey is so funny... crate her while we are at church. But whenever we get home from somewhere, and she's been in the crate... Earl is the first one in the door so he opens the gate on the crate. He always puts the crate up on his chair. So... she just sits in there until she sees me come in the door. Then she comes FLYING out and runs to greet me! Of course, there is a reason for that besides she loves me!! LOL! Usually when she's had to stay home, then I take her for a scooter ride when we get home... usually to Surf Shack.

And now "Daddy" says she has to have her harness taken off before bed so she can sleep more comfortably!!?? HUH?? What a riot he is!

Well, guess we better leave. Earl loaded a lawn chair for me because I don't think I can handle picnic benches today. Probably won't stay long, but this is first opportunity to socialize with these people... we're going to a new church the past couple of months. Hydocodone...nice buzz... too bad no relief from the pain!

Hugs to all!! Sorry this was all about me but not thinking clearly!! LOL! Don't remember any of your posts except Candice didn't get to dance!

Shoot, Phyl! That creates a vacuum (sucks) about the back pain. Guess you will have to go to walk-in--like you said--to document the pain. What a hassle. I'm sorry.

Well back from the gym - Our regular teacher there today (same teacher as boot camp) she's totally diff than the sub (the one who teaches yoga on Wed) It was good - got a good sweat.. Then came home cooled off a bit then went to Target - didn't - home and washing now..

Hugs Phyl on your back - ice & hot tub... Yes you need to document for the insurance - call them Monday tell them you are going to doc and when you go to doc give them Zoomis insurance info - so you don't have to pay anything..

Linda What are you doing today....

Candice - how was exercise this morning...

Karla - Still doing homework and yard work :0)

Wanted to buy candy at Target or cookie - but didn't - I do have control... Do I need the extra calories - nope..

Fly by. It's been a crazy few days and I am exhausted. Ended last night with a horrific storm. Thankfully no tornadoes. Had to do a hurry up job of shutting down last night and a little more work because we were a little worried about our equipment blowing down and getting ruined. By the time we were done with tear down it was pouring and blowing and miserable. We sat it out in the motor home for about 1/2 hour and then Jeff when and pulled the cord to the motorhome and we drove it home. That was NOT the plan.

Exhausted today. Going to relax today, but tomorrow I have to hit the ground running. Putting labels on bags, but that is IT today!

So...I'll be on later tonight ladies, but wanted you to know I'm around. Oh...food??? It was fair food...what can I say? Not great! However, I worked really hard on limiting the amount since I couldn't limit the "goodness". There was no time for me to shop and cook and take good stuff. That's a whole other issue.

Gotta run. Talk to you later!

I have no idea where my previous post went (of about 1 hour ago???? so I cut and pasted from the other thread)

CALORIES«CARBS«FAT«PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg677«71«21«49

food so far today....

Change of plans. I was all ready to go to the gym at 9:45, went to PICK up Michelle as it was my turn to drive. When I get there, she still has her pj`s on.... apparently she had called me yesterday and said that she wanted to go to her AA meeting Sunday morning instead....

but since I didnt get the message and showed up at her house she invited me to go to her AA meeting with her. I`ve been unable to find an OA meeting in my area so I figured..... One 12 step meeting is as good as another so I went. I am so happy that I did.... there are so many similarities in `>`Behaviours`> between Drug addicts, Food Addicts, Alcoholics.... I could see alot of my self in other people`s stories... it was way cool.

Met some very nice people and I did not feel `strange`there amongst them at all... very welcomed in fact.

So no exercise for me today! Monday morning is 30/30/30 class and we ARE going to that... apparently its 30 mins cycling, 30 minutes of STEP, then 30 minutes of Yoga... sounds good to me.

Candice (aka Peaches9)

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,063«134«29«64

Edited by peaches9
final calories for the day

Janet, both my brother and sister do their 'in-law' stuff for the holidays, and mom...nah, she hasn't bothered to give gifts or holiday wishes for over 15 years. She never even got gifts for my kids when they were little, however we all had better remember her. I'll be fine, or I'll fake it.

I'll be out of touch for Monday through Wednesday, Culture Camp, living in a teepee, the nice part, GREAT EYE candy.< /p>

Phyl, go to the doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the flower bed planted, only 60 - 1 gallon pots.

Completely lost dinner, all over myself.

Well, need to go pack, I'll check in tormorrow morning.

You all have a good evening!!

Alright ladies. I will try to catch you all up on my world. It's going to be a crazy 2 weeks so I need to get a lot done.

It was fair weekend so that meant set up on Wed night Thurs morning. I had only planned on doing kettle corn stuff and then thought I needed to plug my pink ribbon stuff so called and asked for a spot to set THAT up. got it and then had to scramble to figure out what I wanted to do there. Why do things seem like such a good idea until you get into the details...and why do I commit myself before I get into the details and find out it's a bad idea? Weird huh?

Then popped corn Thur-Sat. Ugly storms all weekend but the worst was Saturday. We got emergency tore down but that made Sunday tear down horrible because everything was filthy and we were tired and grumpy and it took almost 3 times as long to do it. I hate that part.

As I said, food wasn't great, but what fair food is? I did 2 walking tacos and then Sat. I went to have 4-h plate lunch of roast beef sand and Beans. Well... they were out of most everything so I ended up having the inside meat of a sloppy joe (which they call slushburger around here) and a piece of pie. I have to say I did amazing on my liquids being as it was so freaking hot! Calories were fine, just quality of food wasn't. I have another fair to go to out of town and will stock the motorhome with better choices, but the problem is getting to them. I'll make sure to get something good for breakfast, but after that it's a crapshoot.

Today, doing aftermath stuff. Laundry, deposits, ordering supplies, all that stuff. I'm very tired and run down. I have to leave here on Thursday to go see our counselor. I did make an appointment just for me in the morning and for the family in the afternoon. I'm going to bring up the food stuff. We have worked for 6 months on my social anxiety and parenting issues. It's time to talk about my "other" life. Then on Friday I go to western MT for my teacher stuff for the weekend. I have one more lesson plan to be worked out before I leave, and then when I get back its off to the other fair. Then....5 days to breath and Pink Ribbon Rally. But after that...school is in and I slow WAY DOWN! I'm pretty excited about that.

Okay...off to order supplies. Later ladies. I love you!

Janet, both my brother and sister do their 'in-law' stuff for the holidays, and mom...nah, she hasn't bothered to give gifts or holiday wishes for over 15 years. She never even got gifts for my kids when they were little, however we all had better remember her. I'll be fine, or I'll fake it.

I'll be out of touch for Monday through Wednesday, Culture Camp, living in a teepee, the nice part, GREAT EYE candy.< /p>

CAMPING and EYE CANDY? huh? ca`mmon tell the truth, you are going to a nudist camp aren`t you????

Phyl, go to the doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree, go to the doctor

Got the flower bed planted, only 60 - 1 gallon pots.

Completely lost dinner, all over myself. That sounds yucky!

Well, need to go pack, I'll check in tormorrow morning.

You all have a good evening!!

Alright ladies. I will try to catch you all up on my world. It's going to be a crazy 2 weeks so I need to get a lot done.

It was fair weekend so that meant set up on Wed night Thurs morning. I had only planned on doing kettle corn stuff and then thought I needed to plug my pink ribbon stuff so called and asked for a spot to set THAT up. got it and then had to scramble to figure out what I wanted to do there. Why do things seem like such a good idea until you get into the details...and why do I commit myself before I get into the details and find out it's a bad idea? Weird huh?

Then popped corn Thur-Sat. Ugly storms all weekend but the worst was Saturday. We got emergency tore down but that made Sunday tear down horrible because everything was filthy and we were tired and grumpy and it took almost 3 times as long to do it. I hate that part.

As I said, food wasn't great, but what fair food is? I did 2 walking tacos and then Sat. I went to have 4-h plate lunch of roast beef sand and Beans. Well... they were out of most everything so I ended up having the inside meat of a sloppy joe (which they call slushburger around here) and a piece of pie. I have to say I did amazing on my liquids being as it was so freaking hot! Calories were fine, just quality of food wasn't. I have another fair to go to out of town and will stock the motorhome with better choices, but the problem is getting to them. I'll make sure to get something good for breakfast, but after that it's a crapshoot.

Today, doing aftermath stuff. Laundry, deposits, ordering supplies, all that stuff. I'm very tired and run down. I have to leave here on Thursday to go see our counselor. I did make an appointment just for me in the morning and for the family in the afternoon. I'm going to bring up the food stuff. We have worked for 6 months on my social anxiety and parenting issues. It's time to talk about my "other" life. Then on Friday I go to western MT for my teacher stuff for the weekend. I have one more lesson plan to be worked out before I leave, and then when I get back its off to the other fair. Then....5 days to breath and Pink Ribbon Rally. But after that...school is in and I slow WAY DOWN! I'm pretty excited about that.

Okay...off to order supplies. Later ladies. I love you!

Gosh Stephanie! I get tired just listening to your weekend!!! Glad you survived the storms though. its been truly a weird, weird summer weather this year. Ah, school no wonder parents look forward to it so much....

Did I have this much energy when I was in my 40`s??????

Dah, don`t remember... I am getting old ....LOL

New program for me at the YMCA today... I took my first 30/30/30 class... it was NOT what I had thought it would be.

30 minutes of STEP aerobics (not my fav. as it is a lot ofjumping up and down, hard on my knees) but I did it...

next 30 mins. is Cardio burn with RUBBER Bands... it was hard... but I skipped the part where you fasten rubber bands around your ankles and then to the Grapevine.... nah, I just felt this was a recipe for disaster... me falling over my OWN tied up feet... so I unfastened myself and just did it with Legs and Arms... still sweated a lot.

last 30 minutes is AB and CORE work... complete with pushups , skipped the jumping jacks... WTF dosn`t she SEE that I am 55????

anyways, Michelle loved it. Me not so much... but at least I got 90 mins of workout... computer says 750 cals. But I am only counting 500 as I modified some of the moves....

Came home and read my crime novel out on the deck, fell asleep with little Bridget on my lap...ah nice!!!!

Now wondering if »I`ll have steak or BBQ`d chicken for supper......:thumbup: