Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Phyl, men, can such a pain, then they can be such babies. I hope his leg is alright, but it does sound broken. Years ago a teacher friend of mine tripped over a dog gate going over some stairs and compound fractured her elbow. Ended up loosing the elbow because of a Staph infection which prevents her from getting an artificial one. So tell Tracy to hog tie Jim and take him to the doc!! Hope all is okay.

Janet, it sounds like Zumba isn't for me either. We all know that Candice has a talent for musical stuff. I'd end up tripping and knocking over all the skinny people.

Dang, stuck on my coffee this morning. I hate that.

Phyl, yep you did good keeping an eye on Zoey. She is tiny enough that an eagle could have gotten her. Eagles are gorgeous to look at, but I don't think I would want to take one on. I'd be terrified to take drive in an area of a big city that I don't know. I be terrified I'd end up in the high crime district. But that is also why I live here. I know I would constantly get lost in a big city. Heck I get lost in Missoula. Shoot, I'll admit it, I get lost in Stevensville.

Hope you all have a good day. Taking the Beast to work to pick up a couple of yards of potting mix for my flower beds. DD#4's boyfriend says he will build the rest of my raised flower beds while I am up scattering dad. I'll be AWOL on Monday through Wednesday. Should be an adventure!

Good Morning Gang

Phyl - Hope Jim went to the ER... Keep us posted - Sounds like and exciting day - I doubt I would have gone on the wrong ramp ;0) I see pple do it all the time in traffic jams - that and driving down the shoulder - I don't want the ticket ;0).

Karla - LOL getting lost .. Too funny girl - You make me feel like a big city girl - well I guess compared to you I am - I don't mind city driving or freeway driving - I hate traffic jams though - I knew a girl who wouldn't drive on the freeway - I thought to myself - omg how limited she is in where she can go - Not me - I rather drive from here to NY than drive in City traffic - I hate stop and go..

Hugs on scattering your Dad's ashes - it will be good but sad at the same time - it's all a part of the healing process..

Ya Zumba isn't my cup of tea - I don't like not knowing the steps - Guess we are going to give it another try next friday - cuz gf dh is out of town - once he's back - that's their happy hour time.. So she won't want to go or should I say can't..

Did work up a good sweat but doubt I burned 600 calories since I didn't do it correctly.

Next time going to get in the back of the class - instead of the middle - I couldn't see the instructor anyway and when she was walking/dancing around she never came and helped..

Going to Plios tomorrow - I enjoyed that class alot - It's a great Sunday morning workout.. You work out and sweat like a pig without all the jumping around... I think you would like it..

Phyl, men, can such a pain, then they can be such babies. I hope his leg is alright, but it does sound broken. Years ago a teacher friend of mine tripped over a dog gate going over some stairs and compound fractured her elbow. Ended up loosing the elbow because of a Staph infection which prevents her from getting an artificial one. So tell Tracy to hog tie Jim and take him to the doc!! Hope all is okay.

Phyl, yep you did good keeping an eye on Zoey. She is tiny enough that an eagle could have gotten her. Eagles are gorgeous to look at, but I don't think I would want to take one on.

Hope you all have a good day. Taking the Beast to work to pick up a couple of yards of potting mix for my flower beds. DD#4's boyfriend says he will build the rest of my raised flower beds while I am up scattering dad. I'll be AWOL on Monday through Wednesday. Should be an adventure!

Hugs from me, too, on scattering your Dad's ashes. Closure is a good thing.

Dumb guy is out riding the tractor cutting the lawn because they're leaving on a "road trip" down the west coast in the morning! He says he'll be "FINE"! Clinic we both go to has walk-in hours on saturday until noon... so this is so stupid! He'd be in and out in no time and then he'd know if he broke something or not. He thinks maybe the bone is "chipped". Wouldn't you want to KNOW for sure if you were about to leave on a trip??

Yes, I was very nervous about those eagles, as much as we were enjoying watching them soar through the skies! My Zoey did not get to go for a scooter ride yesterday, so first thing this morning she was sort of tugging on the ties of the scooter cover. Earl took it off, so now she is out there on her leash sitting on the floor of the scooter staring at me!

Phyl - Hope Jim went to the ER... Keep us posted - Sounds like and exciting day - I doubt I would have gone on the wrong ramp ;0) I see pple do it all the time in traffic jams - that and driving down the shoulder - I don't want the ticket ;0).

Ya Zumba isn't my cup of tea - I don't like not knowing the steps - Guess we are going to give it another try next friday - cuz gf dh is out of town - once he's back - that's their happy hour time.. So she won't want to go or should I say can't.. Did work up a good sweat but doubt I burned 600 calories since I didn't do it correctly. Next time going to get in the back of the class - instead of the middle - I couldn't see the instructor anyway and when she was walking/dancing around she never came and helped..

Going to Plios tomorrow - I enjoyed that class alot - It's a great Sunday morning workout.. You work out and sweat like a pig without all the jumping around... I think you would like it..

I didn't go to the gym yesterday and probably not today, but I did walk a lot yesterday and did SO many steps.... on the ferry, at Jim's Mom's house. And had to walk the dog when we got home, and play fetch with her out in the yard. I even got one of the neighborhood cats in on it. "Hilo" was enjoying chasing after the ball, too, and was swatting at it, and sometimes just watching us! It was funny!

We're going to have a gorgeous weekend. Think DD#2, Jodie, might be a little miffed at us. Today is her birthday..41 yrs old. So we wanted them to come up here and go to our local summer festival.... Aquafest. Lots of fun stuff for the kids, etc. And we were willing to take the kids and let them go out for dinner for her birthday, and they want to go to a movie. But she wanted us to come down there... and go out to movie and dinner with them. BUT... they want to see "Inception" in IMAX... and we have NO desire to see that. So I wiggled out of it. Tracy said it was totally confusing. Earl would find that very frustrating... a lot of dream sequences, and convoluted dream sequences. That would probably drive me crazy, too, and neither of us is in to Sci-Fi like they are. So... I called last night when I saw her email and said... how about we come down NEXT weekend and take you out to lunch! She didn't sound too happy about it. But... oh, well. My fault... she was my last born and I kind of spoiled her! So she thinks everything is about her. Love her to pieces.. .she's a good person, but....Don't want to spend such a beautiful day inside a movie theater anyway! They're going at 1 pm!

Hello again gang -

Phyl - Happy Bday to Jodi - Ya if you have a good day the festival sounds like more fun..

I heard 80 degrees your way !!!

112 Here today

I have been up since before 5 - haven't done much - Have a driver error but since my computer is old (5 or 6) i go to the website but can't find fix for Creator 6.. They have creator 10 now a days and I don't think I need it for $50 - but I don't think I can burn cd cuz of this error

Did unload the dish washer - 2 loads of wash - took the fridge apart and cleaned it.. (I hate that job) need to go buy some food but don't feel like getting dressed

Oh ya cut the dead heads off my roses - cut something else oh ya my fern & daisies..

That's my tweet update for now..

Hi everyone, sorry I didn't make it on last night. Busy in the yard until 8:30, then bath and was a slug.

Today it is going to be 96, cool for you Janet.

Thanks for the well wished in dad. It will be fine. Not looking forward to it. I know I will cry, which is good, but I hate to cry in public. Plus it is so much easier to not think about it.

Have been stuck all week. Even having trouble with Water. Last night I finally made some Soup. Even stuck on a smoothie. Part of it is know my sister will be coming and that my house is such a disaster. But she doesn't have to work and can hire someone to do any big stuff. Plus her husband is retired and is a very handy guy as far is yard work and carpentry.

Well have a good day, not sure if I will be able to check in tonight and then I'll be gone until Wednesday.

If you don't hear from me, know that I am thinking about you all!

Hi Girls; Been gone all day yest. and today... I took my BRIDGET to the Jack Russell Terrier Trials in Port Hope. Which is about a 3 hr drive from my place.

I met my GF Andrea there with Her dog. Bandit.. Now Bandit is a National Champion Racer!!! And she is VERY into her Dog!!! I gave her her first Jack Russell, Ginger... who is 12 yrs old now.. Bandit is about 7 or 8 yrs old... He is still very fast but now competes in the VETEREN Catagory!

My little Bridget came home with 2 FIRST's and 2 Reserve's (2nd best in something)

She won in the Puppy catagory of LURE Racing and Barn Hunt( they hide a RAT in a tube, then burry 4 tubes throughout a barn haystack) then the pups had to find the RAT... too funny!~!

The rat was never in any danger, the tube they place it in is very secure... it was actually somebody's pet!!! Now they'll pay for post tramatic stress therapy for the RAT!!!!

Bridget had the time of her life.. stayed overnight in a motel that allowed dogs... and they were BOTH very well behaved!! no barking whatsoever!! I was so proud of her... will post pictures later..

Oh, and yeah, I got MY exercise... cause when they put the dog int he racing cage YOU gotta run down to the end of the 100 yd course and CATCH your dog as they run thru a tiny opening ( only one dog can fit thru) in a bail of hay!!!!

I ran her many , many times as she LOVED it and scwiggled and screamed when she saw the other dogs running!!! She go electrified with excitement~~~

I'll post the pics later...:bolt:

CONGRATULATIONS BRIDGET !!!!! (and Candice ;0) How cool is that !!! Sounds like fun - can't wait to see the pics..

Did my plios this morning - Nails & Toes - Marshalls (got a yoga mat & some more workout clothes) Target - Now got color on my head - it's about time to go wash it out..

Karla - Hugs Hugs Hugs... It will be ok... Just go w/the flow and chill some..

Phyl - What did you do today...

Steph - I think you are traveling???

CONGRATULATIONS BRIDGET !!!!! (and Candice ;0) How cool is that !!! Sounds like fun - can't wait to see the pics..

Did my plios this morning - Nails & Toes - Marshalls (got a yoga mat & some more workout clothes) Target - Now got color on my head - it's about time to go wash it out..

Karla - Hugs Hugs Hugs... It will be ok... Just go w/the flow and chill some..

Phyl - What did you do today...

Steph - I think you are traveling???

hee,hee,hee.... sounds like a Maintenance Day....I love Sunday`s like that! Did I ever tell you about my last haircut?

I went to FIRST CHOICE HAIRCUTTERS.... it`s like $20... but I came out with ONE side of my hair LONGER than the other side!!! Can you imagine!! And it wasn`t one of those Asymetrical cuts either... I went back the next day to make her FIX it... well she made it shorter on the long side, but at the back on one side its STILL longer than on the other side...» now I`ll have to wait 3 mos... for it to get really long so someone else will have ENOUGH hair length to fix it properly!!!:bolt: That`s what I get for paying the PETER price for a hair cut:bored:

gonna go and see if anyuone else has posted doggie photos yet,,, that I can COPY 4U:wink:

Good Morning Gang..

Candice I would NEVER NEVER just let anyone cut my hair and especially those $20 hair cut places.... There might be great pple there - but those pple are usually right out of beauty school and don't have a clientell yet

My hair grows so fast I get a hair cut every 4 weeks and really should color it every 3 weeks. Nails I get done every 3 weeks - sometimes 4 and I change my polish in between..

Well, gotta hit the showers..

CBL

Good Morning! Wow! Busy weekend! Trip with Tracy & Jim on Friday, Aquafest on Saturday and then went to Tracy & Jim's for a short visit. They left to drive down OR/CA coast yesterday morning. Yesterday, after church and lunch, went to Everett waterfront. Walked a lot, Farmer's Market there. Zoey got tired... it was in the 80's. So Earl had to carry her in the little red carrier quite a bit of the way!!

But then we ended up at Anthony's and enjoyed Happy Hour on the patio. Ate too many bad things all three days and weight is up a little this morning. And my back and hips hurt from all the walking. I don't feel like going to TOPS! Think I might skip it this morning. I never do that, but just not motivated to move out of my chair. Have to go to PT at 11 a.m.

Candice... doggie thing sounds like a hoot! Congrats to you and Bridget!! Sorry about the bad haircut. I go to those places a lot! Have been fortunate, though.... no bad haircuts. Just did it again a few weeks ago and was pleased with the haircut.

Zoey has been wearing me out. She gets so freaky every evening. Neighbor, Kim, helped me play with her last night. One of her cats has been getting in on the fun the last couple of days. He is starting to run after the ball, too, when I throw it. Yesterday he teased Zoey in to chasing him several times. And they were swatting at each other, having a great time! I was watching closely because he is NOT declawed and I didn't want her to make him mad!!

post-220150-13813139474363_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139474657_thumb.jpg

Phyl

Sheba and Bella play well together - I was going to make a video yesterday of Bella - - but never got around to it -

On the food issue - Well you know what you need to do .. So I'll leave it there..

I could use another day of rest - well didn't get any this weekend anyway - oh Saturday had 1/2 hr nap but that was it..

Gosh, I just kill myself laughing when I see Pictures of EARL and the dog... remembering of course how adamant EARL was on NOT getting a dog... and if we do its gonna be ALL your responsibility!!!! What an ol' sofie he is!~

Yes Phyl, you should ck into doggie FUN days in your area, you would have a blast with Zoey... ( ahem, so would Earl) your little Zoey is so clever I am sure you could train her to do more fun things...

Janet: Yes, I am CURED of the cheap haircuts.... no more!!!

Went to the gym and did my thing this a.m..(Peter and I went together).. but I gotta tell you when I woke up this a.m I am so STIFF and SORE, my left hip is hurting as much as my everpresent Right Shoulder!!!! I guess I ran around on the weekend MORE than I gave myself credit for... plus lifting the DOG up and down between races... (didn't want the little dear wearing herself out walking back to the starting gate!) Ha,ha,ha... then I'd dunk her in the wadding pool to cool her off between rounds. Tomorrow is ZUMBA again and I can't wait for that, it really gets my heart rate up and that is good, cause you ALL know how easily I can talk myself out of working hard!! LOL

Don't ask about food, its not good, I am going to concentrate on EXERCISE until I get my mojo working again on the calorie front...

4805060559_3527eaaac5.jpg

Here is a great picture of Our Prime Minister (left) Stephen Harper with our Queen Elizabeth inspecting and chatting with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police on her visit to Canada in July. Dosn't she look lovely for her age? 80+ years !!! WOW

Edited by peaches9

Candice

I was just about to ask about your food since you didn't mention it - figured it was great..

WTG on the gym..

I have weight training tonite at 5 (arms) there is a yoga class at 7:30 I may be going to - I really like the teacher and yoga - I am pretty flexable for an old broad.. Hell I'm more flexable than Vickie my 30 yr old work out partner..

I just hate the late hour - I won't get home till 8:30 - but I enjoy it and love the teacher - so we will see..

Candice

I was just about to ask about your food since you didn't mention it - figured it was great..

WTG on the gym..

I have weight training tonite at 5 (arms) there is a yoga class at 7:30 I may be going to - I really like the teacher and yoga - I am pretty flexable for an old broad.. Hell I'm more flexable than Vickie my 30 yr old work out partner..

I just hate the late hour - I won't get home till 8:30 - but I enjoy it and love the teacher - so we will see..

Ya, it makes all the difference when you LIKE the instructor... just like last week, my Wed night Zumba, we had a diff teacher and she sucked!!!! It was like she was 'there' all by herself... no class participants to helpa long, make sure they were doing it right, or asking us:cursing:

UGH! I can relate to the pain! Left hip hurt so bad I could hardly walk when I first got up this morning. Back hurting today, too. So... Yeah, made some unhealthy food choices, but got a lot of exercise this weekend. Walked a lot, did a lot of steps on Friday! Played hard with the dog last night... she was a bundle of energy and I couldn't seem to tire her out. The more I played with her the more wired she was! Only made one trip around the condo... back was hurting too much to do it again. Broke a couple of bones in my right foot years ago, and when I've been walking a lot that hurts too. So that was hurting worse than anything else last night. I did quite a lot of walking down at the waterfront before we did the "Happy Hour" thing.

So I was trying to tire Zoey out by playing fetch with her last night. Did it for a long time, and the neighbor cat was getting in on it. Then brought her in but she was still CRAZY! So took her out again, and the neighbor came out and we both were throwing the ball for her and the cat... Hilo! They had a great time. Had to continue tossing things at her for a while after I brought her in. She just wouldn't unwind!

Did a tough 1 hr workout in the pool today. And I know I will have to walk Zoey around a couple of times tonight, so I didn't go upstairs to the weight machines or bike today.

Hope you are all having a great day. We are near 80 degrees today and lots of sunshine.... 4th day in a row!! And the whole week is supposed to be nice. We are finally getting some summer. So.... don't you know Tracy & Jim are traveling down the coast and they're having unseasonably cool weather!! Just talked to Kellie. They're going to be at their place soon. And Earl is over at the RV. Just called to say Adam is working his butt off while they're gone... floating on an air mattress in the pool sipping on a Bud Lite.

28_1_1.gif 8_9_21.gif