Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good Evening Gang...

Had boot camp tonite - neither Diane (gf from work) or Linda my other gf went - it was me all by myself -Had a good workout...

OMG Candice - Peter wanted to blame you for heater malfuctioning OMG..

At my old house I use bed hop when I couldn't sleep - I haven't ever done it here - I just woke up at 4:20 thinking it was closer to 5 but trying to go back to bed after getting up to take the dogs out - for 1/2 hr - not worth it..

Time Changes this Sat/Sunday - Spring forward... At least I will have a week to get use to it..

Guess what!!! It is only Tuesday and my paper is done that is due on Sunday!!! That means tomorrow I can quilt!!! whoohooo!!!! It only took me two days to write it this time. I remember my first paper last semester, it took me 6 days to write one page!!

Morning, I knew time change was coming, but NOT this weekend!!! Who in their right mind thought that would be okay! I wish our country would just figure out that we don't need it any more!

Phyl when is your doc appt?

I think on Sunday I am going to town and buying a digital camera. I don't own a camera and I have to take a bunch of pictures for my masters program this week. Plus I want pictures of my quilts. Walmart is suppose to be selling out a 'line' of cameras so I should get a decent deal.. Now if I could just figure out how to post them here. But I can always email them! I guess I am starting to feel my age. I don't want life to pass without there being some record that I existed!

Candice, how about we play hookie and quilt all day? I still want to make it up to your place to quilt for a week. Maybe this fall? I normally take a week to quilt off during the summer to quilt by the lake with some friends. But this year I can't afford to miss a week of work to do it since I miss two weeks of work for classes.

Suppose I should get busy, at least it is Wednesday, down hill from here!

Good Morning Peeps

Karla - it takes an act of congress to post picture here - you have you have a some kind of code - urrl code or something like that - I figure it out if you use like snapfish you have one - easier to post on fb or just email - don't know why they made it so hard.. Good Luck on camera...

I didn't sleep that well last night - I can fall asleep on the couch but the minute I go to bed - i toss and turn - no 4:20 for me this morning..

I agree about the time change - we don't need it any more..

Yep 3 days to get my desk clean up - had meeting yesterday about our health insurance - we are lucky they still pay 100% of employee - changing to blue cross anthem - if I pay 24 out of my pocket my ded will be $500 vs $1500 and my max out of pocket would be $4000 instead of $5000 - the only thing is no brand names meds - but I don't take any anyway - so I think I am going for it - Great thing about Obama - now insurance companies have to pay 100% well ck's mamos paps colon flu shots etc - so that's all good it's no longer a part of your deductible - even blood test when given in conjunction w/a physical - a full blood test can be very expensive

Ya the problem w/our pictures are our kids going to really care .... I think Kaitin will but that about it..

Guess what!!! It is only Tuesday and my paper is done that is due on Sunday!!! That means tomorrow I can quilt!!! whoohooo!!!! It only took me two days to write it this time. I remember my first paper last semester, it took me 6 days to write one page!!

YEAH GIRL, that is GREAT News... you have earned your quilting time!!

Good Morning Peeps

Karla - it takes an act of congress to post picture here - you have you have a some kind of code - urrl code or something like that - I figure it out if you use like snapfish you have one - easier to post on fb or just email - don't know why they made it so hard.. Good Luck on camera...

I didn't sleep that well last night - I can fall asleep on the couch but the minute I go to bed - i toss and turn - no 4:20 for me this morning..

I agree about the time change - we don't need it any more..

Yep 3 days to get my desk clean up - had meeting yesterday about our health insurance - we are lucky they still pay 100% of employee - changing to blue cross anthem - if I pay 24 out of my pocket my ded will be $500 vs $1500 and my max out of pocket would be $4000 instead of $5000 - the only thing is no brand names meds - but I don't take any anyway - so I think I am going for it - Great thing about Obama - now insurance companies have to pay 100% well ck's mamos paps colon flu shots etc - so that's all good it's no longer a part of your deductible - even blood test when given in conjunction w/a physical - a full blood test can be very expensive

Ya the problem w/our pictures are our kids going to really care .... I think Kaitin will but that about it..

Janet; that is good news about the changes to your Health Care... GO OBAMA!!!! I would hate to think what our 'bill' would be here after a complete physical... Peter finally went to the DOCTOR today.,.. had a pain in his right foot for MONTHS!, Has something in his RIGHT eye, needed new Rx fills, had warts on his foot burned off... and.....had an up the bum digital exam.... ha,ha,ha.... it serves him right for blaming me for the FIRE yesterday....

I said, "Geez, I hope SHE (doctor) cut her fingernails first!!!!"""""

Candice, I love it. I hope she DIDN'T clip her nails first, serves him right!!

Check in later, hitting the quilt room!

Good Evening Gang..

Yep Karla you deserve down time with all that school work - How's your tummy?? Did you find out what date you are going to be a GM???

Candice - I know a full panel blood test is like $500 or more - just to test blood ?? I'm not a big go to the doc person - but do need a pap and blood test so will go when our new insurance kicks in..

Work was work - had yogurt for bf -lunch chicken Soup - I took out pork chops but when I went to the store - tuna looked good - I think I will have tuna salad for dinner instead ;0)

Oh ya Wed & Thurs are Idol night - so we will be watching that... Good thing I have dvr - cuz Thursday is Palm Springs Street Fair nite LOL - Oh ya for those who don't like eggs - I didn't mention pt shakes - I have them too LOL

Tired and need to go to bed!!

Knee appt is Friday.

Janet.... you have to DVR "Bachelor" for me... Monday night finale. I know, really STUPID show, but I watch it and... gotta see which girl he picks Monday night!!

Idol is tough..... they're ALL so good this time!! There are at least three guys that I really like and a several of the girls are SO good, too!

Not much to eat today, but too much wine tonight!! Happy Hour party at German people's patio started around 4pm and didn't get back home until well after 8 pm... a few glasses of red wine and then they brought out a couple of bottles of champagne! Finger food.... veggies and dip, some had a couple of crackers w/crab spread, and not much else. we had such a good time! Much teasing between Americans and Canadians tomorrow. Funny.... Earl said he had to take the dog for a walk. He was gone a long time and not long after he fnally came back, guy who rolls cigarettes for him stopped by the party on his golf cart to bring Earl's keys back.... he left them on his porch. What a jerk! He was over there sneaking smokes again. He thinks I'm too stupid to figure out where he is when he disappears! Give me a break!

Phyl, try not to let Earl get to you. Evidently nothing you say is going to change it. Think of it this way, if he has to sneak them, then he can't be smoking as much as he use to. Also, it is always something you can use to jet him down when he get naggy!

Quilted then watched some TV, nothing exciting. But it is Thursday and I'll take that, only one more day and it is Friday!!!

You all have a good day.

Oh Janet, the beby is due Oct 29th,

Good Evening Gang..

Yep Karla you deserve down time with all that school work - How's your tummy?? Did you find out what date you are going to be a GM???

Candice - I know a full panel blood test is like $500 or more - just to test blood ?? I'm not a big go to the doc person - but do need a pap and blood test so will go when our new insurance kicks in..

WOW, that is a lot of money... guess I;ll have to stop complaining about my Doctors personality!!! Yup, wait until your new ins. kicks in and then get a THOROUGH screening done... you havn`t had it in a few years right?? WE are of the age when we need to pay attention to our tests... Oh I forgot to tell you guys, I just rembered to tell Peter.... I have shrunk a whole INCH in height since menopause.... I am now 5`3.5 `` tall not 5.4.5 likie I have ALWAYS been... depressing, because now I have to weigh LESS for a person 5foot 3.5inches.... that really sucks

Work was work - had yogurt for bf -lunch chicken Soup - I took out pork chops but when I went to the store - tuna looked good - I think I will have tuna salad for dinner instead ;0)

Oh ya Wed & Thurs are Idol night - so we will be watching that... Good thing I have dvr - cuz Thursday is Palm Springs Street Fair nite LOL - Oh ya for those who don't like eggs - I didn't mention pt shakes - I have them too LOL

Tired and need to go to bed!!

Knee appt is Friday.

Janet.... you have to DVR "Bachelor" for me... Monday night finale. I know, really STUPID show, but I watch it and... gotta see which girl he picks Monday night!!

Idol is tough..... they're ALL so good this time!! There are at least three guys that I really like and a several of the girls are SO good, too!

OH I agree, the talent on IDOL this year is ama«ing... there were a couple last night though that I think SHOULD go home... that country singing dude :puke: , that skinny little Black chick with the tendrals, the asian chick she is so young, in a couple of years she`ll be back and be better... the REST rocked!!

Not much to eat today, but too much wine tonight!! Happy Hour party at German people's patio started around 4pm and didn't get back home until well after 8 pm... a few glasses of red wine and then they brought out a couple of bottles of champagne! Finger food.... veggies and dip, some had a couple of crackers w/crab spread, and not much else. we had such a good time! Much teasing between Americans and Canadians tomorrow. Funny.... Earl said he had to take the dog for a walk. He was gone a long time and not long after he fnally came back, guy who rolls cigarettes for him stopped by the party on his golf cart to bring Earl's keys back.... he left them on his porch. What a jerk! He was over there sneaking smokes again. He thinks I'm too stupid to figure out where he is when he disappears! Give me a break!

«Oh, Earl and his sneaking.... what are you gonna do... HE has to WANT to change...Its gotta be tough to be out drinking wine, and then WANTING a cig...its an association thing.

Well gotta go sew. love you gals,

Cand

Good Morning Peeps...

Oh I disagree Candice - I love Scotty and I am not a big Country fan - I like it - Hell I love Trace Atkins ;0) but not my fav genre - But I love Scotty - For me last night these were my Fav - Casey (hate his look but he's goo) James (again I am not a rocker chick but I think he's very good) Scotty they were my top 3 guys who I think really did a very good job - I also love Stefanio but didn't care for his song last night and Paul - I think he could go home IMHO

Girls - Well none really stuck out to me - I love Pia - but don't like Celine - it was just alright.. Lauran Country girl did awful - I think TIA has a beautiful voice I think she will stay - Don't think Ashton (diana ross) did very well and I love her too - I really don't know who's going home tonite...

scales this a.m. 135.5 !!!!

Candice I shrunk a long time ago - was 5'3.5 not about 5'2 - but I claim 5.3 LOL

Karla - you may have a Halloween baby ;0)

Phyl - LOL you and your parties - Earl know you don't like his smoking - so that's why he doesn't do it infront of you - as long as he's not saying he quit - I wouldn't sweat it..

Well I'm at work - gotta get to it ttyl

Hey ladies!

For some reason LapBandTalk is sending me reminders all the sudden to talk to you....haha!

Iditarod has started and the "fun" will really be in full swing next week. It will be Spring Break for the kiddos too.

It's been a year now since the full-body lift and I'm still flat! (It disappeared in a day so it can come back in a day....right?) It's all very psychological! Unfortunately there aren't any therapists to talk to here....well there ARE, but either I know too much about them (and they shouldn't be counseling anyone) or I'm worried about confidentiality...it IS a small town after all.

I've gained a little weight and just do not have the motivation to do anything about it. It would take just small changes to get it off, but I'm too lazy, too set in my ways...I don't know...

Good to see you!

-Marcy

Hey ladies!

For some reason LapBandTalk is sending me reminders all the sudden to talk to you....haha!

Iditarod has started and the "fun" will really be in full swing next week. It will be Spring Break for the kiddos too.

It's been a year now since the full-body lift and I'm still flat! (It disappeared in a day so it can come back in a day....right?) It's all very psychological! Unfortunately there aren't any therapists to talk to here....well there ARE, but either I know too much about them (and they shouldn't be counseling anyone) or I'm worried about confidentiality...it IS a small town after all.

I've gained a little weight and just do not have the motivation to do anything about it. It would take just small changes to get it off, but I'm too lazy, too set in my ways...I don't know...

Good to see you!

-Marcy

Hi Marcy; nice to hear from you again... even if it was because of annoying messages from LBT! LOL

a year since your full body lift. and you are still FLAT? or you are still FAT... sorry I dont understand... did you lose all your weight post lapband, and THEN you got your body lift????

Or do you still have weight to lose? tell me about the body lift, was it self pay or did your insurance pay for it... would you recommend it to others???

oh I have so many questions

Hi Marcy; nice to hear from you again... even if it was because of annoying messages from LBT! LOL

a year since your full body lift. and you are still FLAT? or you are still FAT... sorry I dont understand... did you lose all your weight post lapband, and THEN you got your body lift????

Or do you still have weight to lose? tell me about the body lift, was it self pay or did your insurance pay for it... would you recommend it to others???

oh I have so many questions

Questions are WELCOME!

I had a goal of something like 180...but it was just a number. I had my LapBand surgery 7/10/07 and lost about 60 lbs. I hoovered around 202 for a couple of years. I knew I needed a Tummy Tuck (there was a HUGE amount of flap) and so I asked around for surgeons. My SIL had a tummy tuck and breast lift done by a surgeon in Seattle (Dr. Lisa Sowder) and was very pleased. So I sent info off to Dr. Sowder and got a quote and "suggestion". She felt I should have a full body lift...then have another surgery to do my breast lift and a little chin Lipo.< /p>

I had the body lift done on a Tuesday (early Feb) and then had the breast/chin surgery a week and a half later. NONE of my LapBand expenses, weight loss expenses, or plastic surgery was covered by my insurance. ALL out of pocket$$ My husband does quite well and I can make some "side money" so we have no debt from this.

I recovered amazingly well. I was told I wouldn't stand up straight for weeks....I did in 5 days. (Both were out-patient. My husband came with my and a nurse friend was there for the first surgery.) I had no pain, just a lot of stiffness. I DO have a couple of sore spots still, but I'm sure that would go away if I....ya know...exercised! (gasp!) I still do not have a lot of feeling on my hips (like that's a big deal or anything). What she removed was 14 lbs. of skin/tissue! I'm at about 212 right now, but I don't really care about the number, I care that I can walk, breathe, have sex, etc. without feeling like a blob.

It's winter in Alaska and I always "bulk up" a bit and then get active in the spring...so just a few more weeks and I'll be out and about more.

Good Evening Gang

What a shock Marcy to hear from you... Sorry that you haven't been able to lose more weight - Yep IMHO it's more about our brains that our stomach - We gotta make the whole lifetime lifestyle change in our eating and exercise habits. 60 lbs is a large chunk of weight though - Good for you I forgot how tall are you for 180 to be your goal - I thought you had your TT like a year ago.. Wouldn't think you would need a whole body lift from 60 lbs weight lost - I can understand the apron part but not a whole body lift - Sounds Painful to me.. It's a good thing you got the $$$ to spend for those surgeries.. Glad you are feeling better physically - hope the mental part gets better once you get more sun..

Phyl - I can't believe you watch the Bachelor OMG but of course I will DVR it for you - You can watch it when I'm in the shower LOL I can't stand that show... Don't know why anyone is that desperate to get a husband and to embarrass themselves in front of the whole wide world - JMHO LOL

Well not much to report Andrew came and cleaned today - he works tomorrow - did a so so job -but now give me more time to concentrate on the little things he never does - window sills etc ;0)

CBL