Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Steph, You're doing what you gotta do. Kids do what they do regardless of the parenting. Take care of yourself and know that we're here for you.

Candice--Happy Birthday to you! I wasn't thinking when I checked in this morning. Hope good things happened today. Did you have to work? Blessings your way, girl!

Phly--thanks for the status update! Keep 'em comming whenever you can! Man, you sure have a lot of well-wishers of FB--You are one popular lady!!

That's all the time I have now. Janet--you're not forgotten--NEVER! How'd the tatoo removal go? How are the babies? Are you adjusting to the new office at all?

Wow, I'm out of the house at work for one day and there is tons of postings to read!

School was good, I kept a positive attitude, but honestly the day was a blur. With the 'Welcome' back assembly in the morning, classes were only 30 minutes. Tomorrow will be the real test. I got up at 5 am and STILL didn't get to work until 7:15, what could I possibly be doing for that long...ah...lbt. So tomorrow it will have to be even shorter. If I want to get home by 4 pm to walk I have to be at school by at least 6:30. I did get an incredible complement today. One of the teacher's who is only a few month younger than me who looks like Barbie, emailed me to let me know how good I looked and that I just 'glowed'. Very surprising coming from her. I didn't talk about the lapband, just said I was eating healthy, exercising, and putting life in perspective...all true.

Got the car insured, they were more than appologetic.

DD#4 has an interview at a nursing home tomorrow. She is hoping to get her CNA training for free and work for about $10/hour. The CNA will help her get into nursing school. So Linda, if you have any suggestions please pass them on.

Surprisingly, I wasn't even hungry, did have time. Hopefully this will continue.

Steph, Naturally you better show up here when you are in Missoula. Time with Michael is important, but I know what you are saying. there were so many times I didn't WANT to be around DD#5. It just sucks you dry. But there were times I had to hire a monitor for her because I couldn't trust her to be alone.

Candice, Happy Birthday, how you get pampered!

Well TTFN, need to get some dinner.< /p>

Steph

We have to trend softly when giving advice - So I am glad that you didn't take what Kari said the wrong way - It is with love that we give this advice and some of it comes from us being a bit older too..

I am glad that you are easing up on the babysitting responsibilities - I know that alot fell on Kaitlin when they lived here and Mom worked - she was responsible for Brooke and that's not her responsibility she didn't have the baby and parents need to understand that the older kids shouldn't shoulder the brunt of it - That why I was glad I was here to help - I picked them up and made dinner for them a couple of nights a week and on the weekends always told Kaitlin if she had something to do I would watch Brooke so that she could go... It's a 2 way street - I would give Michael other chores to help pay off his debit - wash the cars - clean the kitchen - bathrooms etc..

But I totally understand why you don't want to be at home right now and seem busier than when you worked :0)

I think the family counseling will be beneficial to all of you

Linda - I woke Andrew up when I got out the shower - he was sick and didn't go.. So I ended up at Target @ 8:15 til 10:30 then laid around till my Sucky concert at 7..

My new space is my really my old space before we moved to the other wing - ya - I am back in the groove - On Mondays I am all by myself as the other lady who works Paul's account works part time (she's off Monday & 1/2 Tuesday) so it's ok and she will be gone for 3 wks on vacation starting next week so it's all good..

Karla - I know what you mean about how fast your morning goes - especially if I have to Iron in the mornings - which I have to do most mornings cuz I don't iron on the weekends :0)..

Well, just got off the phone with DS & Family - they are on their way to Dinner for Melissa's bday today... Wish I was going Steak sounds good - but alas I'm having fish til I get gas for the bbq - that's another man thing I hate doing :0)..

Phyl - Hope you are feeling better today - Hugs..

OK going to go feed the dogs and me and finish my book - it's gotten really good - but I still don't like the way this guy writes - to verbose and flower for me - but love the story it's self (Pat Conroy wrote Prince of Tides)

CBL

Candice must be partying, Happy Happy Birthday!

Denise, just because DS doesn't want to go doesn't mean you need to ruin your camping trip because of him. If he can't be trusted, he needs to come with you. It's his problem. If he was better behaved, he could do what he wants...because he can't handle it, he gets to do what YOU want. That's just my humble opinion. Obviously I've got enough troubles with Michael so maybe I shouldn't be giving parenting advice. Just a thought.

That's what I think too. This trip has been planned and pd for 6mts. I'm not the one who can't be trusted. It is now 9:37 on a school night. He went to the park to see friends. I said be home at 9. I'm not calling, I'll see when he strolls in, and use it against him. We are going to a festival this weekend, and he is welcome to bring a friend or study in the camper.

Hope you are feeling better everyday Phyl. When Linda said her comment earlier about the pain meds, it made me remember how the percocet also made me cry for no reason. Sob like it was the end of the world.

Janice, I think I got something stuck Sat. night, that's why I'm tight.

Steph, I'm so sorry about Michael, but as you said, "It is what it is." If nothing else, family counceling will help you and the family to deal with Michael's choices. I know it is hard to see him in a destructive mode, but hopefully the councelor will help him WANT to make good choices. I pray that he will make it through this and find his way.

Right now DD#4 is doing okay. I have sent out a couple of requests to the Secret to help her find her way. In many ways she is a lost lamb. You are right, at 23 she should be taking charge of her life. Heck at 23 I had 3 kids, but I had already moved out and was on my own at 15. Not what I suggest for her. DD#3 is moving back to Montana from Chicago. She will be living with her dad and step-mom for a couple of months and then moving to Billings if her job works out. DD#4 has been talking about moving in with her. While I know that it is important and a big step for her to move out on her own, I don't know whether moving in with her sister is a good idea.

Finally ate some yogurt and Kashi last night since, I couldn't eat dinner. Breakfast & lunch where excellent. Dinner was about 4 bites of chicken, popcorn, FF Fudge bar, & then the yogurt and Kashi. Calories were good, but I have been getting into the snacking mode. Hopefully today will be better. Dinner is going to be crockpot roast & carrots with about 1/8 c of potatoes.

Anyway, you all have a good day. Steph I want homemade kettle korn, do you feel like a road trip over labor day weekend? I hope you all have fun plans, think of me trapped doing school prep. I think DD#5 & a bunch of kids from the dorm are going to float the river and then I'll BBQ for them. It sure is dang quiet without her. Don't know how it will be not having her at school with me.

TTFN

NO Kettle CORN, step away from the Kettle Corn~~

Phyl--Narcotics tend to excerbate depression as well. I have a feeling that this week will be a bad one for you. It's OK if you don't feel like posting. We understand. We just miss you, that's all.

Oh Steph, you are doing all the right things. Counseling is hard work; it's not the pannecia that everyone thinks it is, but it's all we have (pesides prayer). I'm glad that you have some positive things going on with the bike rally and walk--good, productive things to put your energies and frustrations into! I've had "tuna" exeriences too--ugh! Sometimes it keeps me awake all night! I've learned not to eat anything after 6 pm or I pay for it all night long. I'd convert in a minute if I had the money!

Denise--my advice would be to rest your stomach--do a day or two of liquids. Hate to say it, but you'll probably have to stay home with DS. I know it sucks, but if you can't trust him, you need to keep a close eye on him. remember, I had three of these (DS's)--all different, but all problems in one way or another.

Speaking of DS--got a phone call yesterday: "Well, just wanted you to know that I'm OK. . .Yeah, the plane was at 13,000 feet (2 miles) when I steped out of it. . . Yeah, Nicole was the last to jump. . ." OMG~!!! At least they called AFTER they jumped!

Then another call from another DS in Pasadena: "Just want you to know that I'm not evacuating yet. . .Yeah, I can see the fires from my apartment. . .It's surreal. . .the mountains are steaming. . ."

Yeah, you never stop worring about them!

Linda, you are the bestest MOM - you always are thinking of your kids even now that they've all flown the coop. ANd this has been a hard year, with your LAST one leaving...I know you MISS her. I am so glad the son in Cali let you know that they are well and so far out of dangers way...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

:party:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

:lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDICE

:wub:

WISHING YOU A VERY VERY

:thumbup::)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY !!!

:biggrin:

:)

:)LOVE ALWAYS - JANET:)

Thank you all for such nice birthday messages. I know I am loved by you all!!! And it is reciprocaated!!!!

My (local) BFF took me for dinner (we split a 10 oz steak, salad) then we went to see JULIE and JULIA... really a cute movie.. but all that FRENCH cooking!!! When we left the movie theatre I was so Freeking HUNGRY.. SO I stopped and had a timmies coffee/milk, and now I am drinking a pot of tea/skim milk before bed... or I'll never make it till morning~

THe GIRLS at work even called me today to sing me Happy Birthday on the phone. and NO Ididn't have to work today - how cool was that!

Steph

We have to trend softly when giving advice - So I am glad that you didn't take what Kari said the wrong way - It is with love that we give this advice and some of it comes from us being a bit older too..

I am glad that you are easing up on the babysitting responsibilities - I know that alot fell on Kaitlin when they lived here and Mom worked - she was responsible for Brooke and that's not her responsibility she didn't have the baby and parents need to understand that the older kids shouldn't shoulder the brunt of it - That why I was glad I was here to help - I picked them up and made dinner for them a couple of nights a week and on the weekends always told Kaitlin if she had something to do I would watch Brooke so that she could go... It's a 2 way street - I would give Michael other chores to help pay off his debit - wash the cars - clean the kitchen - bathrooms etc..

But I totally understand why you don't want to be at home right now and seem busier than when you worked :0)

I think the family counseling will be beneficial to all of you

Stephanie; I agree with Kari you are a busy, busy lady.. your schedule makes MY head spin.... Imagine that if you parceled 24 hours in a day out, from Michaels perspective; how much time would you think HE thinks he gets of you? How much time does he spend with Jeff? You see its not about REALITY it's about Michaels Perception of his place/role in the family... maybe that's where he gets some of the resentments from. When he says He likes it better when you are not home - this is completely FALSE, all kids say horrible things to their parents that they do not mean.

My DD this SUMMER (and she's 30 now) said to me "Mom, I am so sorry for all the crap I put you thru when I was a teenager"... she was cutting and very depressed and was a HORROR to live with... then these many yrs later.. she can actually SEE that SHE had contributed to the poor family relationships at th etime. WE too had to jump through all the hoops with counseling, Pychiatrists, Pschologists...

It WILL GET BETTER, I promise.. just one day at a time.

Linda - I woke Andrew up when I got out the shower - he was sick and didn't go.. So I ended up at Target @ 8:15 til 10:30 then laid around till my Sucky concert at 7..

My new space is my really my old space before we moved to the other wing - ya - I am back in the groove - On Mondays I am all by myself as the other lady who works Paul's account works part time (she's off Monday & 1/2 Tuesday) so it's ok and she will be gone for 3 wks on vacation starting next week so it's all good..

Karla - I know what you mean about how fast your morning goes - especially if I have to Iron in the mornings - which I have to do most mornings cuz I don't iron on the weekends :0)..

Well, just got off the phone with DS & Family - they are on their way to Dinner for Melissa's bday today... Wish I was going Steak sounds good - but alas I'm having fish til I get gas for the bbq - that's another man thing I hate doing :0)..

Phyl - Hope you are feeling better today - Hugs..

Hope tomorrow is a better day Phyl, eat your Apricots!~

OK going to go feed the dogs and me and finish my book - it's gotten really good - but I still don't like the way this guy writes - to verbose and flower for me - but love the story it's self (Pat Conroy wrote Prince of Tides)

CBL

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,060/83/37/103

my birthday food tally

Edited by peaches9
forgot

Phyl, the pain meds put you to sleep so your body puts all the energy into healing. I think that's how it's supposed to work, isn't it? If you're sleeping you can't be walking or anything destructive :biggrin: Not that you would, but I think there is a purpose there. I'm wondering how your PT went too. I hope they didn't hurt you too badly. Don't worry about the weight or the calories right now. You're doing what is best for you, even if you do gain. It will be so much easier for you to get it off once your knee feels better. Will you be able to get out to the walk route? I want to see you. I need your number again too so I can call when we get to town. Not a lot of time for anything but walk, but an hour or two here or there maybe. We get in @ 2 on Thurs. and fly out @ 10 on Monday. We'll figure something out. I really hope you can make it to closing ceremonies!!

PT is going well. Intake person was here on Saturday.. she didn't do anything but talk to me. This guy, Sam, that came today was great.

Hope I can get to the walk route and/or closing ceremonies. Right this minute it doesn't look hopeful, but that's more than a week away.... and it's nighttime... pain seems to be worse at night... after a few exercise sessions.

Phyl, Karla is right, you've been pumped full of liquids and you've not had your usual Activity... it'll POOP out don't you worry. I like to take " PRODIEM Plus" it works well after you've had codiene. ALso nibble on some dried Apricots or prunes... I'll all help

I'll bet that SHOWER felt divine!!! :)

Yeah, shower felt great. My sister is a rehab nurse back east. I told her about my problem and she said "hot prune juice". So Earl went and got the prune juice, heated some up in a mug and it worked in less than 2 hours!

Phyl--thanks for the status update! Keep 'em coming whenever you can! Man, you sure have a lot of well-wishers of FB--You are one popular lady!!

Hah... FB.. did you happen to see the lovely comments my DGD put on there in the midst of the others?? What a snot! I'm not sure why she's pissed at me... or anyone for that matter. A little later she said she was "unfriending" all of her nosey family. HUH??? I haven't seen the chick in a month. She has "issues" with her parents.. who think that she should probably come home at night. At 19 she says she's "a grown woman", but she doesn't act like one! Sure feel for Tracy & Jim right now because the girl has lost her mind!

Well, pain is getting to me again, so I need to get off the computer and relax!

I'm hungry....I made a roast, carrots, & potatoes in the crockpot so the meat was very tender and juicy. Poured some juices on it. Man it was good and I really wanted to eat a decent portion. Oh heck no...managed to eat about 2 ounces and 2 pieces of carrots. I was so looking forward to eating. So now I'm sitting here hungry. Oh well. chat to you all tomorrow.

Finally the scale has moved!!! I lost 2 pounds. As hard as I have been working on it this last month, whew, I did know for sure if it ever was going to move. This will keep me motivated to continue to walk for now. I'm not looking forward to cold weather, it will end the walks. I can usually handle walking when it is at least 20 degrees, but when it gets lower, no way in heck. POSSIBLY, dependent upon $$$, I will check out our local gym. There is one on my way home from work. IF I can figure out how to get done at work, I could be at the gym by 4 pm and home by a little after 5. I would like to try out an elliptical, and I definitely need some work on my arms. Let's just say they can wave to you. The hanging upper arm is not attractive, flap, flap, flap!

Three more weeks until payday!!! It will have my raise on it, but our insurance went up as well, so hopefully, I will earn enough to make my house payment. If DD#4 gets the job at the nursing home, she will be able to help out more with groceries and such.

Best get going if I'm going to get to work by 6:30.

Phyl, here's to less pain today.

weight.png

Good Morning Gang...

Candice - Glad you had a good birthday !!!! Really good for your calories especially on your Bday :0)....

Steph Kids - well we survived them and so will you - I know it doesn't seem that way. I am on my 2nd round - so I have double the experience :0)

Denise - What time did he walk in??? How's your Mom

Phyl - Just take your pain meds and elevate that knee - I know how hard this must be for you... You never sit still..

Glad the prune juice worked - I will have to get some - and try it... I will have to ck out FB to see what you are talking about - but Alissia needs to remember those famous words we have all spoken and heard through out our lives "as long as you live under my roof you gotta follow my rules" don't like it move the heck out :P

Karla - Hope you can find the $$ for the gym - Elliptical is hard for me it hurts my knee - my knees seem to be going - didn't bother me at 250 but at 140 the flare up every now and then. Will keep good thought for DD#4 getting that job.

Since you hardly didn't eat - why didn't you allow yourself some more meat & carrots - But hear ya on looking forward to a meal and can hardly eat it - It's a band thing - it's your band doing it's job - it's hard to appreciate it when you are hungry but physically full.. But that's why we got it - cuz we needed it - Well this is what I keep telling myself anyway :frown:

Linda - I haven't really watched the news - it's off by the time I sit down and then in the morning always seem to miss the 1st 10 minutes when they report on this stuff - Hope Tim is safe...

Kari - I have to go to the dentist today - but I am going before there are major problems - I have a cavity in my #13 (about where Linda's was) between the teeth - (well at least I see a brown spot and the tooth is acting up to a degree not much but sensitive)

Well, girls have a great day - I gotta get butt in gear

Kari, there is no way I will tell you to shut up. I've thought about this being a cry for attention from him because I am so busy. I often wonder if that is a problem. He needs to realize that life happens though, and that he is NOT the center of the world.

I invite him to come with, to join in, and to help out. His general attitude is "no way in hell." A few times I insisted he come along so that we could spend some time together and he definitely made that IMPOSSIBLE. He told his therapist, his counselor, his father, and me that life is just so much better when I'm not around and he wishes I never came home.

We have worked hard lately at making sure that Michael is not required to shoulder the burden of the little ones very much. We were told that he resented it that he was expected to baby sit. I can't say I agree with that completely because it is just one of the things that you have to do when you are part of a family, but we are working harder to limit that time. He owes us quite a bit of money though so he does have to work that off.

So Kari, I know I am busy. However, I am home a lot more now than I was when I worked full time. Then I left at 7am, got home @ 5:30 if I was lucky and was gone most weekends. When I was home I was grading, working on lessons, trying to keep up on housework, and if there was anything left, THEN the kids got some attention. But I do worry that my schedule is part of Michael's problem. I don't know what to do. Not doing while living out here in no mans land will drive me crazy. I have no really close friends here who don't work and when they are off work they are concentrating on their families. I would be stuck here at home with no one. I just can't do it. So this is the best I can manage.

Oh...and don't you dare MYOB!!! You're family and deserve to be heard and I love all your advice. Keep it coming. Love you.

I am so glad you aren't mad at me. Like I said, I don't know the whole story and I know that more is going on that I don't know about but I felt tyhe need to make a comment even though I'm not really good at putting words down on paper. Candice said it pretty good though. I do know what it is like being home with the kids in the middle of nowhere. Well, probably not like you but it's a half hour drive to get anywhere and it's easier to just stay home. Boring. I am going to put you and Michael on my prayer list though. God can and does perform miracles (I can sense that this would be a miracle to you). Just know that I don't mean anything mean. I just care about you guys. Okay, that being said, I won't tell Phyl to tell Tracy to tell her daughter that if she is living under her roof, she lives by their rules and if she doesn't like it, There's the door. I've done that.

Candice - I am so proud of the way you are sticking to your food regime. I'm a little jealous too. I need someone to give me a swift, hard kick in the butt.

Okay, this is long enough. TTYL

Candice - I am so proud of the way you are sticking to your food regime. I'm a little jealous too. I need someone to give me a swift, hard kick in the butt.

Okay, this is long enough. TTYL

I try - but you don't listen to me !!!! No soda's no sugar - meat & veggies for the week - step away from the carbs and keep on peddleing :0) Hugs

Good morning, gang!

Pain control not so good this morning and didn't sleep well last night. Tolerable all day yesterday, 2 good PT workouts plus 2 walks outside, one of them to the end of our sidewalk. Then last night, pain pills weren't touching it. Went to bed at 9 pm, read for a while. This is miserable but I WILL get through it. One week today since surgery and just the 3rd time for tears! I guess that's not too bad. My whole leg, front and back, is black and blue. Now I've bombarded myself with ALL my pain pills... 1 oxycotin, 2 hydrocodone. That may put me in to a coma, and is already making me sick to my stomach! But... need to get some pain relief so I can shower and do my exercises and maybe take another walk outside... though we don't have any sunshine at the moment.

I deleted Alisha's comment, so you won't be able to find it. It started out "so you think I'm an idiot" (which I never said and don't know where she got that from.. haven't even talked to her in weeks) and then went rambling on about "MENOPAZ"... huh???? That was about 15 years ago, sweetheart, and was just very nasty, insulting and disrespectful. Par for alisha... a week or so ago she posted on FB a message to her mother telling her to "get the broom out of her a$$"! She will be moving out VERY SOON! I think she's lost her mind. Earl thinks there may be drugs in the picture.

Good morning, gang!

Pain control not so good this morning and didn't sleep well last night. Tolerable all day yesterday, 2 good PT workouts plus 2 walks outside, one of them to the end of our sidewalk. Then last night, pain pills weren't touching it. Went to bed at 9 pm, read for a while. This is miserable but I WILL get through it. One week today since surgery and just the 3rd time for tears! I guess that's not too bad. My whole leg, front and back, is black and blue. Now I've bombarded myself with ALL my pain pills... 1 oxycotin, 2 hydrocodone. That may put me in to a coma, and is already making me sick to my stomach! But... need to get some pain relief so I can shower and do my exercises and maybe take another walk outside... though we don't have any sunshine at the moment.

I deleted Alisha's comment, so you won't be able to find it. It started out "so you think I'm an idiot" (which I never said and don't know where she got that from.. haven't even talked to her in weeks) and then went rambling on about "MENOPAZ"... huh???? That was about 15 years ago, sweetheart, and was just very nasty, insulting and disrespectful. Par for alisha... a week or so ago she posted on FB a message to her mother telling her to "get the broom out of her a$$"! She will be moving out VERY SOON! I think she's lost her mind. Earl thinks there may be drugs in the picture.

Oh Phyl - sorry about the pain - I wish I could help in that department - just don't let the pain get so bad - just take your pain meds every 4 hrs or whatever the instructions are - Oh I don't know why I am telling you this - you are a nurse - so listen the the advice you would give :0)...

I agree with Earl about Alisha .. Ya Kids !!! It's all about them..

Finally the scale has moved!!! I lost 2 pounds. As hard as I have been working on it this last month, whew, I did know for sure if it ever was going to move. This will keep me motivated to continue to walk for now. I'm not looking forward to cold weather, it will end the walks. I can usually handle walking when it is at least 20 degrees, but when it gets lower, no way in heck. POSSIBLY, dependent upon $$$, I will check out our local gym. There is one on my way home from work. IF I can figure out how to get done at work, I could be at the gym by 4 pm and home by a little after 5. I would like to try out an elliptical, and I definitely need some work on my arms. Let's just say they can wave to you. The hanging upper arm is not attractive, flap, flap, flap!

Three more weeks until payday!!! It will have my raise on it, but our insurance went up as well, so hopefully, I will earn enough to make my house payment. If DD#4 gets the job at the nursing home, she will be able to help out more with groceries and such.

Best get going if I'm going to get to work by 6:30.

Phyl, here's to less pain today.

weight.png

YEAH, 2 lbs gone forever!!! Dosn't that feel cool~! and you pot roast sounded SO GOOD, wish I was there to have some :frown:

Yeah, that pot roast idea has been talking to me, too!

Time to exercise again. Pain is not responding well to Rx today.

Earl got away for an hour. He needed it! He keeps saying he has cabin fever. Is hoping I'll be ready to go shopping at costco by the end of the week??? He's been cranky all day, so I was glad he decided to go over to Tracy's... played with his '53 Chevy and the RV and the new puppy. Meanwhile, Tracy stopped by and brought me a Starbucks and helped me get unhooked from my ice bag and pillows so I could go to the BR.