Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good morning everyone.

Phyl I hope you got a good night sleep without pain.

Sorry that last night was kind of a grumble. Just feeling overwhelmed and it is only the first day of school.

Steph & Linda, glad you stopped by we missed you!

Short night, long day. Not much to say, but I hope you all have a good one.

Good Morning Gang

Karla - the new kid on the block ;O) - what a great complement !!! It will get easier packing your food it just takes plannng - and don't let school drive you mad - I know you will but try not to - I don't envy you teachers at all - I would go to jail !!!

Hope you all have a good day !!! CBL

Thanks, Karla, and to all of your for your thoughts and prayers. Everything has gone very well

Great list! I LOVE it!

Yeah, Earl is great! But since we've been here, he's constantly rearranging the furniture or trying to do something to help. He went home for a few hours after lunch. I'd just been up to the BR and they forgot to put my foot squeezers back on. So he refused to let me call a nurse or aide to put them back on.. he wanted to do it himself. So by the time he got to the elevator they'd already fallen off!

He's a cutie!

Can''t remember what those things are called that I take. They come in little individual packets and I squeeze on on to a 60 calorie pudding. I found them at RiteAid once, and costco had them once. I was surprised... they gave me a shot of B-1 today.

Sorry about your RV frustrations! Can you find a friend to go with you...

if you can drive that thing, that's what I'd do!

Day started out GREAT. Of course, I still had the pain pump then. They also gave me long-lasting pain capsules. Then PT came in and had me walk to the doorway and then back to bed, and then to the BR with the OT gal later. So by then, I had to have a Vicodin. Then I had to get up and pee again... drinking lots of Water. So about 1/2 hour later I was in excruciating pain. I begged for another pill so they gave me a percocet. That was at least 1/2 hr ago and I'm still in a lot of pain. But, I've walked twice to the BR and twice to the door of my room. Hope I can sleep tonight. And Earl has a cold.... so now I have a sore throat and I hope I'm not getting his cold. I've had visitors all day long so no time for a nap. First Earl, then he left, ministry team from our church came after that. They brought me a plant from the church. They didn't stay long, but a while later two of my Primetimers friends came by. One of them crocheted me a shawl type thing that I am currently using as a blanket. It's soft and beautiful cream color and lavender. And before they left Tracy came. She brought me a latte. She just about left and Earl was back again. He'd gone home for a couple of hours. So I'm tired and in pain. I'm waiting for my dinner now.. EArl went downstairs to find something to eat in the cafeteria. I ordered chicken marsala and whipped sweet potatoes and peas and raspberrry sherbet. WE'll see if I can eat all that! Probably not.

I think I want to stay until Friday. I can't bend my knee until tomorrow. I just want to get in all the PT/OT that I can. They took away the drain in my incision, took away the IV, and removed the catheter. So all I have left is the foot squeezers and the bionic ice bag! That gets to go home with me, though because we bought it from the dr's office.

Later, gals. Earl is insisting he take my laptop back home because someone will steal it during the night when I'm sleeping! He's ridiculous. Oh, well... I'll still have my Blackberry. It lets me read your posts but the LBT site won't let me do anything.

Hugs to all of you... I appreciate all your support, loving thoughts and prayers!

Thanks !! I LOVE you

OH Phyl, I am so glad your healing is coming along.. sorry about the PAIN, you HAD a busy day though after all. Earl is too funny, he really does love looking after you like a mother hen.. THAT IS RARE!! You can forgive him all his cheapness because he excells at so much MORE :blushing:

HOme Friday, just think how good your own bed will feel:lol:

Have I mentioned that I live 15 miles from the Canadian border? Less than 2 hours from Regina. If you are going through to the coast....don't you DARE not get close enough for me to get up there.

Oh for sure Stephanie, no way I'd drive past you and NOT stop in.... it would be so awesome to see you agian, And I'd love to meet Jeff and your kids!!

Ahem, drum role please.... scale this morning!!!! 174 holy crap I have never broken 175 before!!!!!

GOtta keep up with this TLC weight loss program.. THANK YOU JANET!!!

Hi, All! Pain control a little better today. After IV Dilaudid yesterday, I made sure I took the oral meds every time I could. Slept like a rock.. went to bed at 8:30 p.m. and didn't get up until 7:30 a.m. Oh, they were in to bother me all night, but I just did what I was supposed to do and went back to sleep. I was able to turn back and forth from side to side so I didn't have to sleep on my back. It takes a while to get over but I can do it. Home tomorrow with at home nurse visits and home PT. Have to give myself injection in the stomach for blookd thinner.

Candice - good idea to take RV and friends and leave DH home. Hey, Brad sounds a lot like Linda described Mel. So, since Brad would kiss me good-bye and tell me to have a good time.................well, Maybe You, Me and Linda should take off in the RV come next summer.

Janet - We'll probably be in Fla. in Feb too. So, if you do go, let me know.........Orlando is two hours from my mom's.

Karla - haven't forgotten about going thru my closet. I found the black slacks. I'm just the world's best procrastinator. I just sat down today and paid my bills. All of them about a week overdue. I've got a project going in the middle of my dining room. I'm making pierced earring holders and I'm thinking of getting a booth at one of the craft shows for Christmas. And, I've got two piles of quilt squares to put together and I have to put binding on DD's quilt. And I just cant seem to find the time to do things. Too bad that doesn't include eating. Seem's there is always time for that.

I'll try to check back later.

Candice/......CONGRATS!!!!! You are the bomb!! I went to the website, but I couldn't find the part you were talking about. So if you don't mind giving me some instruction...

Oh, hell no, ladies, you better NOT leave ME out on that summer RVing trip. Just think, some day, when I have a Mini Winni, we can all meet up with our RV's and build our own community!! Janet, you can ride with me and we can share the driving. I make a pretty mean latte, how are the rest of you on margarittas?

Okay ladies...I looked over my weight loss chart and I have only lost 3 pounds in the last month. I have added the exercise component. What other nasty things do I have to do?

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg840/141/9/51

O.k. thats it for food today...

I did get to the Doc. says I have a "systemic allergic reaction" to 'something'....

So she gave me a Rx for Predisone, 5 days whole pill, then 5 days 1/2 pill per day...

Now prednisone is kinda scary cause it can make you "loopy in the head" and I already am Bipolar!! So she said MAKE SURE YOUR HUSBAND WATCHES you like a HAWK....

Actually since I've had this itch since JUNE, and I only take ONE medication - period which I've been taking since Dec... I think it might be that I am allergic to that.

She said no, its probably your laundry detergent (@#$!^$@$?#@#$!&) so I went to the store and bought IVORY liquid and now and in the process of re-washing ALL my wardrobe! This will probably take the weekend... but its expected to be rainy here anyways.

No soap on my face or body, no lotions, or creams... I said what am I supposed to do about my face? IT'll crack open if I dont'keep something on it??? She looked at me like "I" was nuts.

Thus endeth the saga... I'll stop complaining about the itch and hope it all settles down in the next week or so.

Oh yeah, and I can take a BAKING SODA bath... but that's it for additives.

spacer.gifHere is a recipe that I made tonight from "The 8-week Cholesterol Cure Cookbook"

now I ate 1/8th (mostly) of it and its very hardy.... chewy and takes a LONG time to eat... but its quite good and I incl in my food journal for the day.

Indian Barley pudding - SF

rcpprintrecipepop.gif

spacer.gif

Ingredients

spacer.gif

1 cup pearl barley, dry

1 small can Evap. Skim Milk

1/3 cup SPLENDA or STEVIA powder

1/4 tsp each Powdered cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg

2 tbspns RUM

1/2 cup Egg Substitute, or egg whites to measure 1/2 cup

1 cup raisins

1/4 cup chopped prunes

Nutritional Info

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

ubullet.gifFat: 0.4gubullet.gifCarbohydrates: 45.2gubullet.gifCalories:219.6ubullet.gifProtein: 7.8g

spacer.gif

makes 8 generous servings.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray PAM into a shallow Glass or Ceramic baking pan, 9 X 13" set aside.

In a large saucepan bring barley, milk, 2/12 cups Water, sweetner, spices and rum to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool 10 mins.

In a small mixing bowl combine egg subs. with raisins & Prunes(if using), and after 10 mins. stir this into the barley-milk mixture.

Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 1 1/4 hours ( test with a toothpick) may need another 15 mins.

Number of Servings: 8

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user 2BHEALTHY4LIFE1.

Night-night girls, hopefully I wont have to sleep with a Frozen Gel pack in my crotch tonight

Edited by peaches9
more stuff

Oh for sure Stephanie, no way I'd drive past you and NOT stop in.... it would be so awesome to see you agian, And I'd love to meet Jeff and your kids!!

Ahem, drum role please.... scale this morning!!!! 174 holy crap I have never broken 175 before!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS CANDICE !!!!!! WTG - I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT ONCE YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT..

But I'm confused too - why are you thanking me ??? TLC is that something you found on the labpand site that I posted about ???

Hi, All! Pain control a little better today. After IV Dilaudid yesterday, I made sure I took the oral meds every time I could. Slept like a rock.. went to bed at 8:30 p.m. and didn't get up until 7:30 a.m. Oh, they were in to bother me all night, but I just did what I was supposed to do and went back to sleep. I was able to turn back and forth from side to side so I didn't have to sleep on my back. It takes a while to get over but I can do it. Home tomorrow with at home nurse visits and home PT. Have to give myself injection in the stomach for blookd thinner.

Phyl glad you had some help with the pain and got some sleep. Ugh have to give yourself a shot - oh but you are a nurse - so it's no biggie for you...

I argee with Candice - for all Earl's ways - he does have the biggest heart and he does love you ... You are one lucky woman !!

Candice - good idea to take RV and friends and leave DH home. Hey, Brad sounds a lot like Linda described Mel. So, since Brad would kiss me good-bye and tell me to have a good time.................well, Maybe You, Me and Linda should take off in the RV come next summer.

Janet - We'll probably be in Fla. in Feb too. So, if you do go, let me know.........Orlando is two hours from my mom's.

Karla - haven't forgotten about going thru my closet. I found the black slacks. I'm just the world's best procrastinator. I just sat down today and paid my bills. All of them about a week overdue. I've got a project going in the middle of my dining room. I'm making pierced earring holders and I'm thinking of getting a booth at one of the craft shows for Christmas. And, I've got two piles of quilt squares to put together and I have to put binding on DD's quilt. And I just cant seem to find the time to do things. Too bad that doesn't include eating. Seem's there is always time for that.

I'll try to check back later.

Kari - I will let you know - We are planning to go over President Weekend that way I only have to take one day off work - The others are planning it - I did our 1st one and right now I just don't have the time to ck it all out - I don't know where I use to find the time to farm on FB - I just don't now where the time is going - and time is changing - it's dark and it use to stay light until 8:30 - I am going to have to change my light timers again... And was just thinking - Sept - time to re-seed our grass - omw more $$$ ...

Candice/......CONGRATS!!!!! You are the bomb!! I went to the website, but I couldn't find the part you were talking about. So if you don't mind giving me some instruction...

Oh, hell no, ladies, you better NOT leave ME out on that summer RVing trip. Just think, some day, when I have a Mini Winni, we can all meet up with our RV's and build our own community!! Janet, you can ride with me and we can share the driving. I make a pretty mean latte, how are the rest of you on margarittas?

Okay ladies...I looked over my weight loss chart and I have only lost 3 pounds in the last month. I have added the exercise component. What other nasty things do I have to do?

Karla - Love that idea !!! The Lucky#7 RV'er !!!! That's a great idea - we will just move from space to space !!!

Darling 1-2 lbs loss is average for a bander so 3 lbs in one 1 month ain't bad !!! That's 3/4 of a lb a week - Change up your eating - cut some carbs and more focus on Protein - I always have rice with dinner - but during my weight loss phase that was about the only time I had them..

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg840/141/9/51

O.k. thats it for food today...

I did get to the Doc. says I have a "systemic allergic reaction" to 'something'....

So she gave me a Rx for Predisone, 5 days whole pill, then 5 days 1/2 pill per day...

Now prednisone is kinda scary cause it can make you "loopy in the head" and I already am Bipolar!! So she said MAKE SURE YOUR HUSBAND WATCHES you like a HAWK....

Actually since I've had this itch since JUNE, and I only take ONE medication - period which I've been taking since Dec... I think it might be that I am allergic to that.

She said no, its probably your laundry detergent (@#$!^$@$?#@#$!&) so I went to the store and bought IVORY liquid and now and in the process of re-washing ALL my wardrobe! This will probably take the weekend... but its expected to be rainy here anyways.

No soap on my face or body, no lotions, or creams... I said what am I supposed to do about my face? IT'll crack open if I dont'keep something on it??? She looked at me like "I" was nuts.

Thus endeth the saga... I'll stop complaining about the itch and hope it all settles down in the next week or so.

Oh yeah, and I can take a BAKING SODA bath... but that's it for additives.

Candice - it could be the Toilet paper you use too.. Have you changed recently - Did you get that new face cream when we were there - or maybe the mac eyeshadows - think about what you have used that's new - those would me the 1st things I would eliminate..

Linda - Denise - hugs girls - post when you can - We want to know what up with you too..

Me - just same old same old - car worked today - andrew cleaned house (well not my room) animals fed - my dinner is done and the couch is calling my name..

So will talk to you all tomorrow..

Hugs Janet

Originally Posted by peaches9 viewpost.gif

CONGRATULATIONS CANDICE !!!!!! WTG - I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT ONCE YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT..

But I'm confused too - why are you thanking me ??? TLC is that something you found on the labpand site that I posted about ???

Janet; its that Lapband site you posted up here a couple pages back... its great... they send you a motivational chat everyday in your email.

And Like I am shooting for 1000 cals a day or less..

Most meals are PROTIEN shake, or meat, and then MEAT again for supper... very limited CARBS ... trying to keep that between 50-100 carbs per day... NO SUGAR!!!

I've been really good on the NO SUGAR thing... cravings have dropped off.

If I have a CARB it will be a COMPLEX carb with LOTS of fibre.. I'll have to cook more things myself andnot buy packaged things, but that's o.k.

Did a big CLEANUP of the kitch. last night. I went to find some Oat Bran to make Cereal and all my dry goods were "BUGGY" ohh, gross... so I thru out TONS of stuff, just in case ya know.

Candice, the recipe sounds delish!

Phyl, hope you get home safe and sound.

Really want a biscotti with my coffee. I am letting frustration get to me and making me want to eat. I need to work on that. I just figured with walking that I'd see some 'big' results. NOT.

Have to go to school for a while today. We have to wait for the mail to arrive before we can head across the state to get DD#4's car. Naturally it doesn't show up until 3 pm or so. If her dad's check isn't in there, we will have to see if the dealer will hold the car for another day or so, and then I'll have to send DD#4 on the bus to go get it. I am so royally pissed. He delibritely sent it via his banks 'billpay' knowing that it would take 3 - 5 days for the bank to cut the check, then there is the mail time. If he had just written her a check and put it in the mail, it would have been here yesterday.

DD#5 actually called from the dorms this morning...is she missing us? Her dog is in a major depression, he is hidding under the couch and moping around. IF we get to head to Roundup this afternoon, we will be home on Saturday and all her dorm friends are going to come out and float the river. Then we will have a BBQ with all of them. Build a fire and make some smores before I send them back to the dorms.

Well best go get some BF and then head into work, have a good day.

Day 6

Weight Loss Day 6

Hi. Today, I'd like to share a message from an online member.

"I love this program and am committed to it. But the one area I need help in is what to do with the feelings and emotions that get uncovered when stuffing your face to anesthetize yourself is no longer an option. Individual counseling is fine, but these issues seem to come up "after hours" when I am alone with myself and am getting sad and anxious. Any feedback?"

Does this sound at all familiar to you? Many people find that this issue comes up for them once they stop "using" food to deal with emotions such as anger, shame, loneliness, boredom, fear, and/or frustration. Unfortunately, some people don't recognize what's going on and give in to the cravings instead of working on the underlying emotional issues. Here are some tips If this happens to apply to you,...

Practice your daily mental training and positive affirmations every day for the best results. Regular physical activity may also help. Many people report that taking a walk helps them think and work through issues. In addition, the brain releases "feel good" chemicals in response to exercise. Many people also find it helpful to keep a private journal in which they write their thoughts and feelings. People who "journal" on a regular basis report that it is one of the most beneficial things they do. The daily chapter on My LAP-BAND® TLC is a good resource to help you deal with cravings and the issues that cause them. In addition to your regular daily reading, you may want to scan the chapter index and read the topics that are especially relevant for you at that particular time. The H.E.A.L.T.H. model discussed in Day 23 can be especially beneficial in helping people determine how to enhance the richness of their lives.

Be sure to take advantage of the support resources available to you in the 'My Support Team' tab of your LAP-BAND® TLC program. Also, take advantage of your personal phone coaching calls with a Lindora expert. Remember, you receive two calls with your program, and if you need additional calls you can purchase as many as you would like.

We are here for you, every step of the way in your journey to become, and stay lean for life!

Shelly Lummus, R.N., M.N., F.N.P.-BC

Daily Tip

Feeling dizzy or noticing more leg cramps? Take a look at the information on the "Menu Support" page. Click on the box on the left side of the page "Learn more about Sodium and Potassium."

This email content has been prepared by the weight loss experts from Lindora®. Please feel free to contact us at any time with questions related to your LAP-BAND® TLC (Therapeutic Lifestyle Change) online weight loss program. If you have questions specific to your LAP-BAND® System, or your surgery please contact your surgeon. More detailed Risk and Benefit Information is available on www.lapband.com.

Candice, the recipe sounds delish!

Yes, it was quite o.k.... not Choc cake with Icing, but healthy!!!:w00t:

Phyl, hope you get home safe and sound.

Really want a biscotti with my coffee. I am letting frustration get to me and making me want to eat. I need to work on that. I just figured with walking that I'd see some 'big' results. NOT.

Now Biscotti, I am sure you can bake a HEALTHY version of that too. Make ahead and then freeze portions of it so you can have it on hand for you "coffee"

Go to SparkPeople.com and look up a recipe you can tweek

Have to go to school for a while today. We have to wait for the mail to arrive before we can head across the state to get DD#4's car. Naturally it doesn't show up until 3 pm or so. If her dad's check isn't in there, we will have to see if the dealer will hold the car for another day or so, and then I'll have to send DD#4 on the bus to go get it. I am so royally pissed. He delibritely sent it via his banks 'billpay' knowing that it would take 3 - 5 days for the bank to cut the check, then there is the mail time. If he had just written her a check and put it in the mail, it would have been here yesterday.

DD#5 actually called from the dorms this morning...is she missing us? Her dog is in a major depression, he is hidding under the couch and moping around. IF we get to head to Roundup this afternoon, we will be home on Saturday and all her dorm friends are going to come out and float the river. Then we will have a BBQ with all of them. Build a fire and make some smores before I send them back to the dorms.

Well best go get some BF and then head into work, have a good day.

SO it sounds like DEXH is actually going to come up with the money??? WOW, what a relief that will be! Did you send out your request to the Universe???

Candice, yes & no re DEXH, he is coming up with SOME of the money, but it is at a great cost to DD#4. He has incredible skill with mind games and employes them frequently. When we were married there was a point point that I was convinced that I was insane. I would tell him something and then he could convince me that I didn't. I spent a whole lot of time trying to figure out what he wanted just to keep him happy. He was never physically abusive but he is the master of mind games. He'd always be sure to ask what you wanted, but it damn well be what he wanted or the consequences were severe. Anyway, now he employes his skill with the girls. DD#5 can ignore him, DD#4 can be devistated with a single look or sigh from him.