Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

quote_214_375.jpg

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg687/55/11/88

**** food today o.k., and back on the right track after yesterdays' BIRTHDAY SURPRISE gathering... it was nice of the Office gang to think of me...

I have room left tonight, right now I am not hungry, only thristy... so I might have a bowl of oatmeal before going to bed... we'll see..

but for now these are my days totals.

Tomorrow I venture out on my SOLO camping weekend, actually I am only going for 2 nights with my TWIGGY for company... a good book, my quilting, and some WINE.. hee,hee,hee

DH says tonight at super, you want me to go out there in the car WITH you to make sure you SET up CAMP o.k.??? ha,ha,ha.... sure I said, it will probably save a midnight distress phone call home LOL... he is sweet, and I think he is regreting now that HE's NOT coming with me.. I'll be home Sat. night. as I am leaving Thurs right after work.

Only traveling about 45 mins from home... but they got a HEATED pool, so I might actually get WET this summer after all!!

I don't think it's necessary. And you're right... that's one of the reasons I chose LapBand over bypass... we don't lose our absorption.. Good Multivitamin and the sub-lingual B-Complex would be cheaper, I would think. Target, Walmart, etc. sell that sub-lingual B for less than $10/bottle and it lasts a long time. I take Centrum Silver chewable multivitamin... around $10 for 60 of them.

I slept GREAT last night and woke up raring to go. I started my exercises as soon as I stood up. Then went through my whole PT routine and took a walk outside before coffee and Breakfast. Much better pain control overnight, and today. A very encouraging morning. Pt guy, Sam, due here within the next 30 minutes or so. May try venturing out on my scooter today. My latte stand moved across the highway over the weekend and I may go see if she's up and running yet after Sam leaves.

Phyl, sounds like you had a SUPER day... the exercises you are doing are great and good joint range of motion too. I am glad pain meds are working for you better... that's a big releif! When will you be able to ditch the scooter for good? Does the PT have a time line for you yet?

:blushing:

I'M BAAAAAACK!

So I am all done with the necessary stuff for my classes so I am totally back here. I got the basic run down from my mommy on everything that is going on and I am going to go and try to read a few pages.

The first thing I saw though as I logged in was about Vitamin B-12 shots. OMG...they are the BEST thing ever!!!!!!!! I have had so much energy, been in a better mood, and despite working unimaginable hours feel very little stress. DH says I am in a much better mood and I feel amazing. There are some vitamin combos that I can take too if I want to, but right now we are just focusing on the b-12 and the Calcium.

So...I haven't fallen off the bandwagon. Just been so busy that I didn't have time to be on here. But I am going to make time now.

People better start kicking my heiny if I am gone too much!

Karri; so glad you are back amoung us... WE"VE MISSED YOU TERRIBLY~~~~ This place just isn't as exciting when YOU are not here... How is your new school? Are you making new friends? How are the class sizes.?

Its good that you have a positive story about the B-12 stuff, at least Karla will get both sides of the coin now. And be able to make an informed decision.

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg687/55/11/88

**** Food today o.k., and back on the right track after yesterdays' BIRTHDAY SURPRISE gathering... it was nice of the Office gang to think of me...

I have room left tonight, right now I am not hungry, only thristy... so I might have a bowl of oatmeal before going to bed... we'll see..

but for now these are my days totals.

Tomorrow I venture out on my SOLO camping weekend, actually I am only going for 2 nights with my TWIGGY for company... a good book, my quilting, and some WINE.. hee,hee,hee

DH says tonight at super, "you want me to go out there in the car WITH you to make sure you SET up CAMP o.k.??? "" ha,ha,ha.... sure I said, it will probably save a midnight distress phone call home LOL... he is sweet, and I think he is regreting now that HE's NOT coming with me.. I'll be home Sat. night. as I am leaving Thurs right after work.

Only traveling about 45 mins from home... but they got a HEATED pool, so I might actually get WET this summer after all!!

Actually, I am trying to prove a point to {just in case anyone missed, I am stuborn} that he just can't go filling all the DANCE card for a full month with out including some "US" time too....:ohmy:

Candice good for you!!! You will have a blast. I'm envious!! I would love a weekend away from everything. Excellent job on the cals!!!

Hey there gang !!!

OMG my DD is back on 9/2 just like she promissed !!!! So glad to have you back

Back from the gym - just washed Bear & Angel - bear has some skin crud...

Phyl gald to hear today was a better day and the pain wasn't so bad

Kari - If you weren't all so far away - I would be asking for lamps - stuff you don't use anymore.. But thanks for the kind thoughts

I just felt so good that I was able to help yesterday - Not that I need a pat on the back - I know you all do that you can to help others -

Candice - awe thanks

Well this is a drive my it 7:45 and with the whole dog bath thing I am behind - I think I am having steak tonite - I want some bloody red meat - even if I have to cook it on my george foreman and not the bbq

I am going to post a pic tomorrow to see if you can tell what I am getting done tomorrow...

Oh I love it the suspends - I'm not telling anyone - only my doc - nurse and I will know - I want to see if anyone notices...

So I will leave you all wondering - you won't know till tomorrow nite when I get home..

Oh ya had a talk with lawyer today - ugh - gotta get headstone tomorrow - and take ck book to accountant to do an accounting - and hopefully estate will be closed soon - then my sister or the charities can take over as trustee of his trust - cuz I am done..

Do you know next month will be one year since my bro died.. I thought of that yesterday - I know it's only Sept but 10/13 will be here in 6 weeks - I can't beleive a yr has gone by.

Janet, I didn't realize your brother passed. I'm so sorry.

Did anyone get the license plate # of the truck that ran me over. I hurt so bad I could only make it one mile tonight. dinner was good, tilapia with raspberry chipolti marinade and coconut rice. The coconut rice was easy, 1 can of lite coconut milk (you could do the same thing with 1 c of regular coconut milk + 1 c of water), 1 c of jasmine rice, 2 tbles of chopped cilantro, & about 1 tble of coconut. Made enough for lunch tomorrow. Cals were excellent. Have a good night.

Hey there gang !!!

OMG my DD is back on 9/2 just like she promissed !!!! So glad to have you back

Back from the gym - just washed Bear & Angel - bear has some skin crud...

Phyl gald to hear today was a better day and the pain wasn't so bad

Kari - If you weren't all so far away - I would be asking for lamps - stuff you don't use anymore.. But thanks for the kind thoughts

I just felt so good that I was able to help yesterday - Not that I need a pat on the back - I know you all do that you can to help others -

Candice - awe thanks

Well this is a drive my it 7:45 and with the whole dog bath thing I am behind - I think I am having steak tonite - I want some bloody red meat - even if I have to cook it on my george foreman and not the bbq

I am going to post a pic tomorrow to see if you can tell what I am getting done tomorrow...

Oh I love it the suspends - I'm not telling anyone - only my doc - nurse and I will know - I want to see if anyone notices...

So I will leave you all wondering - you won't know till tomorrow nite when I get home..

Oh ya had a talk with lawyer today - ugh - gotta get headstone tomorrow - and take ck book to accountant to do an accounting - and hopefully estate will be closed soon - then my sister or the charities can take over as trustee of his trust - cuz I am done..

Do you know next month will be one year since my bro died.. I thought of that yesterday - I know it's only Sept but 10/13 will be here in 6 weeks - I can't beleive a yr has gone by.

Final tally for the day 1003 cals, had a bowl of Cheerios and an ALL bran Fibre bar!!!:blushing:

Classes haven't started yet. I am going to have to post a video or something about the school because it is WAY to hard to explain. It is SOOOOOO different from anything that anyone else has experienced so to understand it is kind of difficult. In fact, I'm not sure we totally get it. However it is making a huge impact on students in the most positive way. School doesn't actually start until Sept 8 and today we had over 35 kids in the building already working on classes...we only have 150 students total so that is a HUGE percentage.

My biggest class will be 19, but that will all change as we adjust the schedule to accomodate the pace of students. That class will probably be broken into 3 different meeting times for students moving at three different speeds. I can't explain how unbelieveably happy I am there!!!!

Morning ladies, just a quick stop by.

Karri, your classes/students sound devine. You want to swap? I'll trade you for my classes of 27 6th & 7th graders who can't seem to understand that closing their mouth would greatly impact their success. I'm trying the calming music theory. I don't think it is working. Oh well, maybe it will keep me calm? I did not do a lot of prep over the summer and I am reaping the consequences. But so far I am able to keep up and a head of what is going on. This weekend will be a lot of school work. Oh well. Consequences.

Still feel like a truck ran me over. I'm sure it is just that I'm on my feet all day, which is wierd, I was on my feel all summer working and hauling heavy stuff at the nursery. We have Friday and Monday off for labor day so if I use one day to work and focus, I should be caught up for a week or so. Still can't get a grasp of where I'm headed for earth science. I hate the text, it is designed for 9th graders and we are using it for 6th graders. So I really need to rework it. I have found a lot of 'online' curriculum that I think will work. It just takes time.

Well, I suppose I should get going, need to find something cool to wear, my room was in the 90's yesterday. Yep, I'm going to wear a tank top and shorts. I've worn all my skirts that kind of fit and I can't handle pants right now, way too hot.

TTFN

Classes haven't started yet. I am going to have to post a video or something about the school because it is WAY to hard to explain. It is SOOOOOO different from anything that anyone else has experienced so to understand it is kind of difficult. In fact, I'm not sure we totally get it. However it is making a huge impact on students in the most positive way. School doesn't actually start until Sept 8 and today we had over 35 kids in the building already working on classes...we only have 150 students total so that is a HUGE percentage.

My biggest class will be 19, but that will all change as we adjust the schedule to accomodate the pace of students. That class will probably be broken into 3 different meeting times for students moving at three different speeds. I can't explain how unbelieveably happy I am there!!!!

Goodmorning Karri; I am so glad you elaborated on your school. It sounds like a perfect environment to be a GREAT teacher, and also is exciting for the students. A win=win for sure... Super to see you so happy and engaged.
Morning ladies, just a quick stop by.

Karri, your classes/students sound devine. You want to swap? I'll trade you for my classes of 27 6th & 7th graders who can't seem to understand that closing their mouth would greatly impact their success. I'm trying the calming music theory. I don't think it is working. Oh well, maybe it will keep me calm? I did not do a lot of prep over the summer and I am reaping the consequences. But so far I am able to keep up and a head of what is going on. This weekend will be a lot of school work. Oh well. Consequences.

Still feel like a truck ran me over. I'm sure it is just that I'm on my feet all day, which is wierd, I was on my feel all summer working and hauling heavy stuff at the nursery. We have Friday and Monday off for labor day so if I use one day to work and focus, I should be caught up for a week or so. Still can't get a grasp of where I'm headed for earth science. I hate the text, it is designed for 9th graders and we are using it for 6th graders. So I really need to rework it. I have found a lot of 'online' curriculum that I think will work. It just takes time.

Sorry you are still not feeling up to par. I know you do some fine research to bring the level from gr 9 down to somethingappropriate for your kids... You are a motivated teacher, I can read that between the lines of gripping! LOL

Well, I suppose I should get going, need to find something cool to wear, my room was in the 90's yesterday. Yep, I'm going to wear a tank top and shorts. I've worn all my skirts that kind of fit and I can't handle pants right now, way too hot.

TTFN

Wow, you've got weather that you actually have to DRESS for!!! I guess we are in for a Better than average Sept... to make up for the crappy summer we all had.

Linda: I been thinking about you darling, and you son in Cali... is everything still o.k. there? Sounds like the fire is geting contained from what I've heard on CNN.. I'll send hugs your way, cause I know how much you worry!!! :tt1:

Janet; ahemm... check out the ticker... it moved again this a.m. I am so :biggrin: that's is going down again... I can't remember when I last weighed 173 :lol:

Camping tonight, but I packed only Steak, chicken, oatmeal, Wine and popcorn... so no room for cheating... as once I am 'Parked" I can't move the RV until its time to leave... so no midnight runs to McD'd LOL

Have a great day everyone... and KARI if you are reading.... NO CARBS today!!!! :tt2:

Good Morning Gang....

Candice

:biggrin: 173 :lol:

SO HAPPY & PROUD OF YOU !!!

:tt1::thumbup::tt2::thumbup:

Solo Camping - OMG - Just you and the dog - I guess you do know how to make a statement - but I would have had a gf come. I don't know if I would go alone !!!

Karla

Hugs on the pain issues - maybe it's the combination of stress of being back to work and being on your feet - it's diff than what you did at the nursery and yard.

I use jasimine rice everynight - I even have jasimine brown rice - I just can't get use to the brown rice - It's ok - but I like the white stuff better..

I do alot of left overs for lunch - in fact today it's left over steak - in the a.m. I am not hungry for lunch so I don't know what to take if I haven't planed the night before..

Karri

Your school concept is alot like our alternative school here in the desert - the diff is that ours if for kids who don't do well in the reg school setting (Andrew for example ;0) and yours is for the ones who excel and those who don't - If I remember correctly it's mostly composed of those who excel more -

So glad you are enjoying it...

How's the running going? Did you do a marathon in TX

What's your weight ??? I'm 140 - so I'm happy was 143 earlier last week and was crying the blues about it- that's my top number - that's the number when I start freaking at

my happy weight is 138-143

If I stay at 143 for too long then I really start watching those handful of nuts - I haven't boughten any and don't plan to for a while..

Been shopping lately ???

Phyl

- How are you doing today - Great on the mentor thread is going to have knee replacemnt 10/5 - stop by and talk to her - she's freaking a little cuz when they ask about you I said you were haveing some pain issues..

Denise

Have a great labor day - are you going camping is ds coming ???

Kari

What are your plans for the 3 day weekend??

No soda/pop ok :0)

Linda

What are you guys doing for the weekend - I haven't watched the news much - but have heard clips that fire should be contained shortly..

Ok off to work - I'm glad it's Thrusday - I don't have any plans for the weekend - maybe debbie will come over - we will watch movies - swim (but right now it's so hot & humdid that the pool feels like a bathtub)

cbl :lol:

Good Morning!

Another good night's sleep except my fancy dancy electric ice bag quit working shortly after I went to bed and acted up intermittently all night. It is a "God send", so it was upsetting to have it not working correctly. It circulates ice Water through the bag constantly... is attached to a thermos type thing that you fill with water and with ice. So now I'm sitting here with ziplock ice bags for the time being. Earl is taking the "electric" one to the dr's office and they are going to give him a new one.

Figured out I will run out of pain pills over the long weekend, so I called for refills on those. Oxycontin, I found out, is only for right after surgery, so when it's gone, it's gone. They'll give me a refill on the hydrocodone. And apparently they faxed the Rx for the new walker back yesterday, so I'm hoping that will be delivered today. My old one has small wheels. PT guy wants me to have a 4-wheel walker with big wheels, brakes and a seat. Big 4-wheels make it a lot easier to walk on carpet and outside over the sidewalk seams, etc.

Swelling seems to be down quite a bit, so maybe I'll venture on to the scale again this morning when I go back to shower. Youngest DD and grandkids are coming later and staying for dinner. Earl has pot roast in the crock pot.

CBL

Good morning ladies. Just popping in here quickly. I have 8 million things to do today. jai didn't go to daycare on Tuesday which threw my schedule into a dizzy. She was coughing and hacking and didn't want her giving it to any other kids. Doing better now. Slept through the night at least.

Need to pack for the 3 day. Starting to panic but it will be alright. Picked up some new doo rags for the team...check them out at Cool Rags . They are cute and should keep us cool. It's supposed to be 75+ next weekend in Seattle and I don't know how that feels being on the Water. We will see. Ready or not, here we come! There are over 2000 walkers signed up for Seattle. AMAZING!

Phyl, I keep sending positives your way. Sounds like every day is a little bit better. You'll be up and running in no time. You're doing a great job with your PT and pain management. You're one tough cookie! But we all knew that. Your determination inspires all of us.

Candice, enjoy the camping. I have to admit I don't think I could go alone...but then again...maybe I could. There are days that I think I could run away and live alone for the rest of my life. But then my little angels come and snuggle me and I know that there is absolutely no way! I'm excited for you though. Have fun!

Karri, we've missed you so much. Glad the school year is going so well. I remember so vividly the complaints of your last school. Its amazing how a new atmosphere of positivity can make everything THAT much better. I hope there are some great teachers that you are spending time with. I get shivers every time I hear you talk about the school!

Karla, you're doing great. Remember, those kids are awesome because at that level they still like school and still think adults know something. I absolutely LOVE 6th and 7th graders. They still want to please and they still want to learn. They are just little sponges! enjoy them. Don't worry about being tired. They are too. It's just a new schedule and your body will adjust. Give it a couple of weeks and you'll be rocking it!

Okay...of to clean! Have a great day ladies! Love you all!

Steph if you check this first, you have to let me know when I have to tell you if I can come. Posted on Facebook too. It will just kind of depend on how things go at school and when exactly the accreditation people are showing up. I will talk to Lee about it when he comes to pick me up.