Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Ok here you guys go... What did i have done...

OMGosh Janet; It looks wonderful!!! What a difference it makes to your smile.... whoo-hoo you go girl.... We are so worth putting a little Maintenance into eh? I had BOTOX between my eyebrows in Early Aug... a little B-day present to myself... hee,hee... Peter STILL has not noticed...

Hey Phyl, yo sound like you are doing very well on the recovery train!!!! :)

Staples out, way cool... and the scar won't be so noticeable in a couple months... and its all so worth it!!!

8_4_152.gif

Yeah, I am REALLY pumped this morning because I woke up feeling so GOOD! Minimal pain, leg didn't threaten to cave when I took my first step of the morning, no stiffness. Just absolutely GREAT! Incision looks really good. Earl is freaking because of the steri strips. He wants to cover it all up with a new dressing. He wants to wrap my leg in saran wrap when I take my shower. He's not handling the new configuration very well at all. He sees a couple of the steri strips starting to come loose at the edges. He's a basket case but I think it's GREAT!!

So are you back from your solo camping trip?? You are a gutsy woman. I would've taken a friend, too! But I bet it was wonderfully relaxing and satisfying. Good for you!! The dogs went with you, right? How did they like it?

Puppy Tracy ended up with is a kick! Of course, I haven't seen her in almost two weeks, but they keep telling me stories. Earl went over to charge RV batteries and pamper his '53 Chevy and so he played with the puppy for a while. So when he left, she followed him up the road. He finally had to take her back to the house in the car and tell grandson, Adam to hold her until he got out of sight. I think the name they've settled on is "Blue"... which is their last name, and she has beautiful blue eyes. They have an older dog, Shadow, part lab, I think. He plays with the puppy just so long. Then he's exhausted and lays down on the grass. So she starts running circles around him and jumping over him! Poor Shadow!

16_2_23.gif

Ok - since i am doing pictures here's the fur children - my babies bear - angel - sheba - and the kittens !!!!

Oh my God those Kittens are cute!!! I love the red stripes...

Got home from camping, really had fun!!! R E L A X E D totally! and slept like a dead person...

I went back into SPARK PEOPLE to check my food out for THRU and FRIDAY here are the totals..

988 Thursday, 1720 Friday... I think all in all I did quite well considering the WINE and marshmallows over the open fire.. OMG I don't think I've had blackened marshmallows for decades... they were ORGASMIC... REALLY!!! You gals that arn't getting any...try the marshmallows over a flame!!!

Then my friend Jayne (next door neighbor) came to the camp too with her grandchildren(Daughters) for one night.. they are really nice kids... I thoroughly enjoyed them.. sang camp songs around the fire with them... gosh they were cute...

Then today, as I was packing up to leave and come home Jayne's other grandchildren(sons) 3 came - 13yr, 6 yr and 4 yrs... total BRATS....:) I was glad I was leaving.. they were there a whole 15 minutes when my patience ran out... ha,ha,ha... I guess I'll not be graduating from Granny school anytime soon.

I am really proud of myself, I turned OFF my cell phone when I got to the camp. Operated the RV very well, vacuumed it out, rolled in the awning (cut my hand but not badly) figures I shoulda worn work gloves.. (note for next trip) I hooked up the sewage slinky, hooked up to shore power without electrocuting myself.. cooked my tiny steak on the propane stove... I swear it was the best tasting steak I've had in a long time...:)

Did I mention that I took TWIG with me for company? He behaved himself very well with all the other dogs that were on sites... every animal MUST be leashed at all times so it worked out quite well, I had a big sunny & sandy plot, tied him to the picnic table and went about my business. Jayney and I went for a couple of nice long walks into the woods up and down sand dunes... nice camp site. Its on WOODALLS RV listing.... Wasaga Dunes Family Camp Ground.

I can't wait to go agian

Linda; You have such a fun, busy Labor Day weekend planned.. keep up with the Youngin's....:)

Now I am going to give you some advise.... get back to the PCP and get a different Anti-depressant..obviously the one you are taking is not doing its job... DOn't wait and suffer all fall... DO IT NOW!!! The sooner you'll start feeling like "YOU" again... and we all want you to be happy and enjoy life...

Karla: Hon, you need a de-fill, you are way too tight and that is NO fun at all. Or the other solution is to drink ALL Protein Shakes for all 3 meals and lose weight and then your band will be a bit looser... 2 options to try.

I am tired, think I need a nap, but just wanted to get caught up on everyone's posts...

When I came home today, hubby didn't help unpack the van.. so I did it myself, got all the laundry going and the dogs tuckered out.. DH start telling me how 'tired' and sore our old "girl" is ... "WOODY" stayed home with DH and he took her to the vet and was reading about "doggies last days"... ie when to know its enough and put the old girl to rest... Its gotta be HIS decision cause WOODY is his girldog... she's 15 had a great life, gave us so much love and joy.... 17 pups... frisbee trials... running... she has been such a good dog... but deciding WHEN the FINAL has to come is hard... you don't want to think about life without her, but then I don't want to put her through misery either.. its so hard to tell... she's on 2 doggy morphine pills a day, eats about everyother day, says NO to the daily walk now.. just sleeps and sleeps... bowel and bladder control are still pretty good... maybe only one accident per week. I can give her that...

Does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions...???

Final note to Kari !!! W T F cammon girl, if I can get back on the track you can too. What is keeping you eating junk? What is the payoff for that??? Feeling crappy about yourself with guilt? Say goodbye to that...

I want you to commit to THREE days, 3 days only of eating JUST protien... 1) eggs, Chicken(cook it anyway you like), Pork, Beef, hamburgs... whatever.. cottage cheese, yogurt... EAT at least 3 meals per day, snack between IF you are hungry on Lowfat moz sticks, turkey pepperonis... develed eggs... whatever... JUST DO IT.... don't bother weighing and measuring your protien, just eat until you are FULL and stop, have Snacks

after the 3 days are up, you'll feel better and in control... NO CARBS>>>>>:)

HUGS GF, we just want whats best for you and we know you can do it!!!

Candice

Thanks - Like I said, I'm giving it a while - they feel funny and the top (by gums looks funny) ...

Glad your camping trip was fun - Don't worry about granny in training - Hell I have 3 and after about 1-2 hrs - I've had enough... Trying to watch a movie with Brooke is impossible - yack yack yack - I have to tell her go to her room.. I had more patience with Andrew cuz I was only 36 when he was born - but now - I don't have that kind of paticence I like my peace and quite...

As to putting Woody down - I am of no help -- I know that it would kill me to have my babies put to sleep - I would put it off as long as possible - as long as they weren suffering..

Phyl - So glad to hear that today is a good day and you got some good sleep !!! I guess Earl wasn't around when you had the kids lol.... He would be one of those Dad's who faint lol

Well, I went to gym 3.5 miles - then came home started to clean out the garage (doggie poop) but hose had too many leaks - went and got a new one came home cleaned out the fridge for Nancy not perfect but alot better than what it was - since it's the garage fridge - it hadn't been cleaned in 5 yrs.

It's very humid here - don't know the temp but it's awful - came in took a shower and sitting here with a towel wrapped around me...

Karla - Hugs - it will work out one way or another - I know that if I tried to sell my house now - I would be upside down - due to the decline in values and I bought right before things really took off..

I hear on the news all the time about how mtg companies are suppose to be working with pple.. I guess your's isn't one of those..

Well, need to go eat - am a little hungry - and I have had 2 bottle of Water - but need some more...

cb in a bit..

Candice

Thanks - Like I said, I'm giving it a while - they feel funny and the top (by gums looks funny) ...

Glad your camping trip was fun - Don't worry about granny in training - Hell I have 3 and after about 1-2 hrs - I've had enough... Trying to watch a movie with Brooke is impossible - yack yack yack - I have to tell her go to her room.. I had more patience with Andrew cuz I was only 36 when he was born - but now - I don't have that kind of patience I like my peace and quite...

As to putting Woody down - I am of no help -- I know that it would kill me to have my babies put to sleep - I would put it off as long as possible - as long as they weren suffering..

Phyl - So glad to hear that today is a good day and you got some good sleep !!! I guess Earl wasn't around when you had the kids lol.... He would be one of those Dad's who faint lol

Well, need to go eat - am a little hungry - and I have had 2 bottle of Water - but need some more...cb in a bit..

I think the teeth look great, but you're the one that has to be happy with them.

Yeah, our kids were born before they started letting dads in to the delivery room. Heck, Jodie was born at a Navy base and after Earl dropped me off at labor and delivery, they sent him to check me in and they didn't let him come back! We didn't even get to say goodbye! They called the dads on the phone after baby was born. I thought that was awful! He'd been with me all through labor with the first two and no one ever told me that the Navy did it differently!

I was worried about our three little grandkids coming for the whole day on Thursday, but it was great. They played at our little playground for a while, Earl took the two oldest over to Albertson's with him and then the $1 store and let them buy something. And neighbor babysits her two grandkids over here some days.. they were here and the kids had a great time playing with them, too. Thomas didn't like Grandpa's pot roast, but oh, well. They got here at lunch time and stayed until just after dinner, so it was a LONG time. Oh, they played on the Wii for a while, too.

I have a Water doxi!!! Took the puppies down to the river. We figured since Jordan jumped in my koi pond he might like it. He LOVED IT, swam after balls, played in the sand had a blast. Simon and Molly, not so much. Molly would swim if I pulled her in, but was shivery. Simon, thought the world was coming to an end. Next time we go, we'll take pics so you all can see the swimming doxi.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the mortgage. I'm with you Janet, I hear of all these stories of people who bought way out of their budget and the mortgage companies work with them. I bought the lowest priced house I could find. There was ONE house that fit my budget, still my payments are $1100 a month. I will see what happens when I get my paycheck and we will see. If I can't make it, I guess I'll tell them to come and kick me out. Maybe that will be enough to get them to give a little. There are 3 houses on my circle for sale that have been listed for over 2 years. Property values here are crazy. It cost $178,000 for my acre and 1300 sq ft house including the garage. The acre was a knap weed heaven. Knap weed is our local invasive weed that is pretty darn impossible to kill. The only thing that eats it is goats and some sheep, it is toxic to other animals. I don't know what my house would be appraised at now. I did get a notice from the county that my taxes were going up because the value of the house is now $183,000. I'm assuming the taxible value is lower than the retail value. When I bought my house, most houses would be on the market for only a week or so before it sold. So I guess we will see. I would love to find a much smaller lot, maybe the size of a regular city lot and build a small 2 story farm style house. But that's not going to happen.

Got my walk in, I'm going to drive it and see exactly how long it is.

TTFN

I am sitting here, just about ready to cry. I don't know what the matter with me is. I just..........I don't know. I'm not sleeping well but I seem to be busier than ever. Anyway, you guys make me want to cry cause you care so much. On a good note, though.........no soda today. I'm on my fifth bottle of Water and no soda. Dang, got to stop about that. makes me want one. No No No. Not gonna drink one.

Karla - My son has a house with an adjustable int. rate and I told him to call his mortgage co. but they won't do anything until he is in arrears and he won't do that. You might want to maybe open a bank account and make your house payments in it (just in case bqnk doesn't fall for it). Then, don't make the house payment to the mortgage co. Then you call them up and say HELP!! You know they don't want the house back. Then they should work with you on lowering the interest rate or whatever it is they do. Do a little research on the mortgage co and see if they are one of the ones who benefitted from our prez's bailout. If they are, I think they have to work with you. It's worth a try.

Janet - I noticed your teeth right off the bat. Just didn't get on here to post first. They look really good. You'll get used to them real fast.

Candice - sure glad I don't have that decision to make. Been there, done that. Sure, woody is getting old, but she looked like she still had a lot of life left in her. You'll know...........just don't rush it. It won't get any easier if you do it now or wait till you have to. I know with our dog, I just wanted to cry when I watched him but my daughter said no Mom. not yet. Finally when he spent the day sleeping and just peed on the floor where he was laying. She said "it's time." Anyway, You'll know.

Phyll - great news about the knee. Won't be long now and there will be no stopping you. YOU GO GIRL!!

I gotta go. be back tomorrow. Luv you guys. Rest good.

Hi ladies. Quick check for a minute. More later.

Karla, my mom mentioned something to day about when she had her business about when she was having tight money issues. She called and asked them if she could just make interest and escrow payments for a few months. It reduced her payment for the time....and let her get back on her feet. Have you asked your company? It's just a thought. Couldn't hurt.

Okay. Long day selling kettle corn. I'll explain more later. Jeff and I are going to sit here and watch a movie so I'll catch you all up then.

Hugs. Love you ladies!

Good grief this place is busy...I can't keep up.

Janet the teeth look great. I am sure it will take getting used to though. I think you looked perfect before, but if this makes you happy then keep them!

Phyl, thank you so much for Steph's numbers. I am glad to hear that they are progressing you. I know how bad my knees hurt after the marathon. I can't imagine how it would feel to have surgery on them.

Karla, sorry to hear about the mortgage, but I would try and call and see if they would work with you. They worked with my brother.

Okay I know I missed something but we have had some issues with our building at school so I have been back there moving furniture. I would love to tell you that it has all worked itself out, but we won't know until Thursday.

I told my trainer that I was doing the walk and she thought that was great. But then she redid my workout to rest my legs and we focused mainly on upper body.. OMG...I could hardly move this morning. The only thing that we did on the legs were 1 legged squats and 1 legged jump roping. The rest of the day was arms, arms, arms. HOLY CRAP!!!

Well I am off to the store to get something to drink.

Karri darling, Chris wants to know if you want a hat. Yea or nay, doesn't matter....just needs to know if she needs to make one.

Good Morning Gang..

Karla - I like Kari's idea about opening a bank account making payments to that -

On the home values - that's bs.. I just got a notice that my taxes are going down again it's now based on $195,000 - it was $300,000 then last yr went down to 200,000 - I paid $271,000 with upgrades -- You can check w/your local assessors office - and find 3 comps in your area.. They have to reassess based on those comps - well that's how it's in Cali - I guess I think it's the same everywhere - but just like leash laws & child support I guess it might not be - but can't hurt to ck it out..

Angel doesn't like the pool/water - Bear will jump in sometimes when everyone is in it sometimes.

Angel is to little to get out - she fell in once - she swims to the steps - but she's to little to get out ..

Since they both have issues - angel knees bear hips - so they don't go for walks - I should take them in the pool for some exercise - they are both overweight and they dont eat that much..

Kari - Hugs on the emotional issues - I think we all have days that we have them - It's been a full moon - I find when I have to deal w/bro's estate - I get moody - and work too. but seem to do better when at home - I find that I can't nap like I would like to..

Yesterday after I got off the computer Nancy called her mom got her a fridge at a garage sale - so I went and plugged it back in - Now I have a nice clean fridge !!!

Went food shopping yesterday evening - made green Beans for dinner - had a lean cusine alfreado w/added chicken (I have a rotisserie one in the fridge) I was full all afternoon and into the evening - Karla you should try them..

Phyl Glad you had a good time w/the family !! How's the knee this morning?? My DIL called last night - she always calls on her drive home from work - She's so sweet - her Mom is coming to visit and her mom told her I know the girls like LaLa better - I guess she is always saying crap like that to Melissa - Melissa tells her quit being jealous - Hell when the girls were little Mary was around them more than me and I felt that way - but I would never voice it to Melissa - how petty. She even said - oh she has one on her gk living with her and I don't have any of mine - Well hell she can have Andrew !!! (not really) but she always treated him like a stepgrand kid - Andrew was 2 when DS & DIL got together

One time she had a grandma pin - and I told her it was missing a boy angel - for andrew - this was after she got upset with my Xmas card that had a picture of Kaitlin & Andrew - LaLa's Babies... She said their mine too - well I don't think so when she didn't have an angel pin for Andrew..

Yes I'm a bitch !!! But you all knew that :0)

Karri - I am glad you are walking - yep I bet your arms are sore since you mostly just run and haven't worked them :0)

I bet you will find that you run better now that you are weight training

My gap really didn't bother me - it was an impulse thing sort of - The dentist and I had talked about it before - They will be fine..

Well, don't know what I am doing today - tons of stuff I could do - but haven't made up my mind yet - Clean - orginize stuff like my pictures - hang picture - well need a couple more frames - well it's only 7:30 I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee have the paper read - one load of wash done another started - dishes washed -

Well gang will cbl - Hugs

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,766/211/47/102

Saturday food, went out to SWISS CHALET with friends...

Good Morning Gang..

Karla - I like Kari's idea about opening a bank account making payments to that -

On the home values - that's bs.. I just got a notice that my taxes are going down again it's now based on $195,000 - it was $300,000 then last yr went down to 200,000 - I paid $271,000 with upgrades -- You can check w/your local assessors office - and find 3 comps in your area.. They have to reassess based on those comps - well that's how it's in Cali - I guess I think it's the same everywhere - but just like leash laws & child support I guess it might not be - but can't hurt to ck it out..

Karla: Just to add my 2 cents; in W.B. where I live our taxes and assessment were going up each and every year. Well when we moved in there was a 9 acre forest across the street and it was lovely. But now, 500 homes inserted later + the increase in Traffic, noise, garbage etc... we decided to APPEAL our tax assessment, and gues what... they DROPPED it. So we've been saving on Property taxes ever since. That my be worth a try also. C.m.

Angel doesn't like the pool/water - Bear will jump in sometimes when everyone is in it sometimes.

Angel is to little to get out - she fell in once - she swims to the steps - but she's to little to get out ..

Since they both have issues - angel knees bear hips - so they don't go for walks - I should take them in the pool for some exercise - they are both overweight and they dont eat that much..

Kari - Hugs on the emotional issues - I think we all have days that we have them - It's been a full moon - I find when I have to deal w/bro's estate - I get moody - and work too. but seem to do better when at home - I find that I can't nap like I would like to..

Dear Kari; Go with it... some days you just kinda feel low... have a good cry... get it out and tomorrow will be brighter.... sometimes I think the "hormones" do a tipsy on us and we just can't deal. Good work on the Water consumption... that'll help for sure.

Yesterday after I got off the computer Nancy called her mom got her a fridge at a garage sale - so I went and plugged it back in - Now I have a nice clean fridge !!!

Now there's a bonus for you!

Went food shopping yesterday evening - made green Beans for dinner - had a lean cusine alfreado w/added chicken (I have a rotisserie one in the fridge) I was full all afternoon and into the evening - Karla you should try them..

Phyl Glad you had a good time w/the family !! How's the knee this morning?? My DIL called last night - she always calls on her drive home from work - She's so sweet - her Mom is coming to visit and her mom told her I know the girls like LaLa better - I guess she is always saying crap like that to Melissa - Melissa tells her quit being jealous - Hell when the girls were little Mary was around them more than me and I felt that way - but I would never voice it to Melissa - how petty. She even said - oh she has one on her gk living with her and I don't have any of mine - Well hell she can have Andrew !!! (not really) but she always treated him like a stepgrand kid - Andrew was 2 when DS & DIL got together

One time she had a grandma pin - and I told her it was missing a boy angel - for andrew - this was after she got upset with my Xmas card that had a picture of Kaitlin & Andrew - LaLa's Babies... She said their mine too - well I don't think so when she didn't have an angel pin for Andrew..

Yes I'm a bitch !!! But you all knew that :0)

Na, you arn't a bitch... you just call'em like you see'um... and we LOVE that about you.. and you were right, she SHOULD have had all grandkids on the pin...

Karri - I am glad you are walking - yep I bet your arms are sore since you mostly just run and haven't worked them :0)

I bet you will find that you run better now that you are weight training

My gap really didn't bother me - it was an impulse thing sort of - The dentist and I had talked about it before - They will be fine..

Well, don't know what I am doing today - tons of stuff I could do - but haven't made up my mind yet - Clean - orginize stuff like my pictures - hang picture - well need a couple more frames - well it's only 7:30 I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee have the paper read - one load of wash done another started - dishes washed -

Well gang will cbl - Hugs

Well going out in a bit to Ginette's for a visit with her 'hubby' then Peter and I are off to a Boat Cruise (dinner thingy) on the 30 thousand islands... its an old steam ship replica and its a sunset buffet dinner boat cruise.... it was a gift to Peter from one of his cadet units on retirement.

Gosh Calories WILL be better today, I can't afford another day like yesterday... it was yummy and I enjoyed it... but it's OVER.... today so far I've just had a protien shake, I'llhave a small snack for lunch and save the cals for dinner .

I AM NOT LETTING THIS BE THE SLIPPERY SLOPE, I am still loving the 173# :thumbup:

Steph, look at that ticker, whohooo, you are almost at your goal.

Janet, if you get bored you could come wash and muck out my car.

Check out the ticker. Not too long before I'm in the 70's!!!!!!!! Don't know how that will feel, it has been SOOO long!!! Natually, as I get settled into a maintance weight, I'm going to be asking tons of questions. Dr. Ortiz said that a good weight would be in the middle 60's, I don't know or really care. I figure I will just see what happens. Naturally now that I'm getting closer, I worry about "Can you REALLY' keep it off?

Well today is school work day. Need to take the puppies for their walk. Janet, the Water exercise would be fabulous for the puppies. Are you telling me you have a pool??? My sister had one when they lived in Riverside, CA, she said that the maintance was a pain.

TTFN, you all have a good day!!

weight.png