Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was banded on August 4th!!

I was banded on the 4th, came home from the hospital yesterday, and am doing well today. Working on getting in my Water and walking, so far so good. How is everyone else newly banded doing?

~Carol

Hello Carol

I was banded on Monday are you in much pain. . .still taking pain meds? Am I being a sissy?

Hi, This is Nancy from MA. I got banded Tuesday, August 4th. Day #2 home and have discomfort where my port is..so I am taking pain meds for it. Other than that just so sleepy!

Finding it hard to get my liquids, etc in because I am not hungry or thirsty!

How is every one else doing???

I was banded yesterday 8/5 the worst pain is in my left shoulder otherwise I feel like I did a thousand sit ups, but up and able to walk around pretty good, I stay on top of my pain meds so that it doesn't get to me, I also had a HH repaired at the same time but I am using my incentive spirometer every 15 minutes and doing okay with it.

Hey everyone, I was banded on the 3rdand came home on the 4th. I'm assuming that after 3 days this pain in my chest is still gas. It comes and goes. I'm trying to get in my walking but I am so tired. I don't really need the pain meds anymore, I just feel sore not painful. I think because I am sleeping so much I am dehydrated which is making me sleep even more. I don't know how to break this cycle.

What is an incentive spirometer? Sorry excuse the ignorance. I am very early on in this process so i'm a sponge!

Well we all sound about in the same boat. LOL. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired. My most pain was from the gas and getting up and walking definitely helped that. I also have been sleeping a lot. I drink my Water, walk, have my Breakfast, watch tv for 30 minutes then go back to drinking my water and then back to sleep, then on to lunch and dinner, that is what has consisted of the last 2 days. I have only taken the lortab before bed to help relax me, lucky for me I am able to sleep on both sides along with my back. I do you a pillow to support my tummy when on my sides. I am going to try and figure out how to do a ticker and would love to keep in touch with each of you to support each other.

Thanks for sharing each of your stories,

Carol

i am only 3 days out and OMG I so just want a bite of cottage cheese. . . how wrong is that?

Hey CarrieLynn,

Cottage cheese, not bad, you could want a cookie!! LOL I found it funny with my 2 week pre-op diet I was hungry for things that were good for me. Who knew I would ever eat a veggie burger and like it!! :wink:

Kit Kat,

An incentive spirometer is a plastic thing you use to help keep your lungs open and to prevent post-op pneumonia. I was glad to have it, as my chest hurt either from the gas or hiatal hernia repair and using this had me taking deep breaths, especially the first day when I was so sleepy.

Good luck on your journey.

I really don't want sweets. . . i just want something savory something to chew. . . I don't know if I can do another 10 days of liquids. . . .

Have others cheated?

I was banded on the fourth at 7:15 am and home by 11:30am. My biggest problem is trying to keep from coughing. I also had a HH fixed. It really burns. Just barely starting to get a little hungry, but trying to beat that mentally. I seem to be developing some clear phlem that I have to cough up everytime I have about 3 ounces of protien shake. As the hours pass I am getting better. I try to sleep as much as I can to give my body time to heal while I am staying still. I am still sleeping on my big daddy recliner cause it's hard for me to get up out of my bed. Time is my friend.:wink:

I was banded on the fourth at 7:15 am and home by 11:30am. My biggest problem is trying to keep from coughing. I also had a HH fixed. It really burns. Just barely starting to get a little hungry, but trying to beat that mentally. I seem to be developing some clear phlem that I have to cough up everytime I have about 3 ounces of protien shake. As the hours pass I am getting better. I try to sleep as much as I can to give my body time to heal while I am staying still. I am still sleeping on my big daddy recliner cause it's hard for me to get up out of my bed. Time is my friend.:wink2:

I too understand the coughing; I'm trying not to cause it hurts! I have been in the recliner alot too! Hang in there!

For the coughing I found that it really helps me move the gas out of my chest, I still have the left shoulder pain, but the liquid tylenol is helping with that. I have been able to walk without too many problems, but I found that if I hold a pillow to my stomach to cough, and walk around it helps a lot. Today is the first day I had a protien shake. not too bad. I am just happy no real nausea, I pray that continues

It's good to hear from others who are in the same stages I am going through. 36 hours post op here. Things are getting better by the hour. I slept in my bed for the first time last night and woke up a little sore. I took some liquid tylenol and walked it off about 5:30 am this morning then went back to sleep. Woke up again about 8:30, and have been feeling better this morning.:wink2: