Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

P90x is working. The scale is moving again. Yippee!!!!! Hope everyone is well.

P90x is working. The scale is moving again. Yippee!!!!! Hope everyone is well.

That is awesome! I am in slow motion here with the scale....but I have made peace with slow and steady (mostly).

We need progress pics!

How are all the Sexy Septembers doing? I am 20 lbs from my goal and very optimistic that I will reach it by my one year bandiversary :thumbup:

How are all the Sexy Septembers doing? I am 20 lbs from my goal and very optimistic that I will reach it by my one year bandiversary :)

I am so happy for you, me, I'm still about 40 lbs away from my goal and it's been hard the last couple of months. I'm anywhere between 184-190. But that's still 80+ pounds since September, so I'm happy about that. Keep up the good work.:tongue2:

How are all the Sexy Septembers doing? I am 20 lbs from my goal and very optimistic that I will reach it by my one year bandiversary :tongue2:

Lucky you :-) Congratulations :-)

I have not posted in a while, I had an infection and 2 more surgeries for port removal and to put the port back. Never expected it to happen to me... but it's all healed and well and the band is working great.

Have lost 79 lb since September and have 61 to go.

Lucky you :-) Congratulations :-)

I have not posted in a while, I had an infection and 2 more surgeries for port removal and to put the port back. Never expected it to happen to me... but it's all healed and well and the band is working great.

Have lost 79 lb since September and have 61 to go.

Considering the complications you are doing great. Keep it up!!!:tongue2:

Gall Stones-

I just did another ambulance trip.

I thought with my gall bladder removed in April that I would have no more gall stones, but my bile duct was blocked with stones! I had the endoscopic procedure done last Tuesday to clear the bile duct. My liver numbers were way up again with the blockage. When I went to the hospital, I thought maybe my pouch was blocked from eating steak the day before, and that was creating the pain, but no- I would never have thought I could still have stones!

The hospital did remove 1cc from my port, a procedure they hadn't done before, and they didn't have a long enough Heuber needle.

The endoscopic Dr. didn't know if the lap-band® would be too tight to get the instruments down, but there was no problem with the band.

So now I need to get my band tightened again, but there is no Center of Excellence nearby....

Gall Stones-

I just did another ambulance trip.

I thought with my gall bladder removed in April that I would have no more gall stones, but my bile duct was blocked with stones! I had the endoscopic procedure done last Tuesday to clear the bile duct. My liver numbers were way up again with the blockage. When I went to the hospital, I thought maybe my pouch was blocked from eating steak the day before, and that was creating the pain, but no- I would never have thought I could still have stones!

The hospital did remove 1cc from my port, a procedure they hadn't done before, and they didn't have a long enough Heuber needle.

The endoscopic Dr. didn't know if the lap-band®® would be too tight to get the instruments down, but there was no problem with the band.

So now I need to get my band tightened again, but there is no Center of Excellence nearby....

I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope that everything goes better from now on.

Hi everyone,

I was banded Sept 14, 2009 and I have lost 70lbs since then...HOWEVER, I lost all of that weight within the first 6 months and have lost absolutely nothing since then. I am very discouraged and although I haven't gained any weight I have begun eating the way i used to as I figure what's the point....

I love my band and what it has done for me I just don't know how to get back on track...I keep going for fills and i'm 6.7cc in a 10cc band and every time i get a fill it works for 3-5 days then nothing i have no restriction at all?!?! I ask the Dr. about this and he states it's not about restriction but satiety....well for me it's restriction...IF I COULD stop I would have before the band...therefore I have noticed what i'm eating not only has deteriorated but the amount as well! Any suggestions on how to get motivated and back on track???

I know I can start losing again IF i maintain my diet i'm just not sure how to stay motivated enuf to do this....:smile2:

Hi everyone,

I was banded Sept 14, 2009 and I have lost 70lbs since then...HOWEVER, I lost all of that weight within the first 6 months and have lost absolutely nothing since then. I am very discouraged and although I haven't gained any weight I have begun eating the way i used to as I figure what's the point....

I love my band and what it has done for me I just don't know how to get back on track...I keep going for fills and i'm 6.7cc in a 10cc band and every time i get a fill it works for 3-5 days then nothing i have no restriction at all?!?! I ask the Dr. about this and he states it's not about restriction but satiety....well for me it's restriction...IF I COULD stop I would have before the band...therefore I have noticed what i'm eating not only has deteriorated but the amount as well! Any suggestions on how to get motivated and back on track???

I know I can start losing again IF i maintain my diet i'm just not sure how to stay motivated enuf to do this....:cursing:

I don't know your doctor but I find the NP's much easier to talk with than my own surgeon, as surgeons go, he was excellent but his understanding through the fill process left alot to be desired. The key WAS indeed restriction for me. I am @ 7.4 of 10cc band and it took several fills and lots of frustration to get to this point. Now my band will not let me overeat, it took PBng a few times for it to sink into my head that I cannot eat like before. Go back, play their games and get your fills until you are no longer hungry and cannot eat more than 1 cup of food. It truly is amazing once you get there!

Hi Gals - overall it sounds like we are all pretty much in the same boat - a plateau. I lost 70 lbs and I'm 20 lbs away from goal. I lost 5 lbs since early April got tightened and frankly I'm overtight and not losing. AND now i have heartburn and acid reflux. My doc told me next month she is loosening me up but honestly I confess to not having been too good either - ie i' have hit up some icecream on occassion! But I think that too is a sympom of being too tight. I can't wait for my appt to loosen up a bit to be honest and I'm at the point that i'm not going to put pressure on myself. I'm frankly at my first goal - would be great to get this off qick but i don't think that will happen. How is everyone's skin holding up? My tummy and arms are ok... but my inner leg - OH BOY! YUK!

I'm glad we have each other - reading this posts we can see there are a lot of commonalities! Travel was it you w/ the bile duct? That had to suck how do you feel I had liver issues once and I was so EXHAUSTED for months!!! Sorry you are going thru this. I got all paranoid and had my doc ultrasound my gall bladder no stones. I have been having fatigue issues too - again prob a bit undernourished. That procedure is pretty invasive too I think isn't it? Isn't it like a stent type thing for the bile duct? I hope you are finally feeling better!

Helen

I'm so happy i found this thread.

I have just decided to go through this and am looking at dates in August since we are going away for the entire month of July.

I'm reading all your stories and looking at your tickers. You have all done a wonderful job.

I'm still reading posts from last august so i haven't come to your surgery dates but when i look and see how much weight you've all lost in just 8 months it's wonderful.

congratulations to you all and i can't wait to keep reading and hearing how all the surgeries and post weeks went.

I'm in Oregon for the summer, and the closest support group is a TOPS group. I'll check it out tomorrow. I've never done TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly.

I've had severe fatigue since the mid 1990's. I've been through so many changes since then, but the fatigue persists.

I'm convinced the toxic liver I've had with the gall stones gave me a headache, but the Dr.'s say there is no connection. I'm still not feeling real well from my endoscopic procedure.

I make sure and take my bariatric Vitamins.< /p>

My weight is a constant challenge, but I expected it to be a challenge and a lot of hard work, even with the band. My understanding is that we take it off slower at first, compared to the gastric bypass, but after 3 years, we are all in the same place with weight.

I have the same fears about keeping the weight I have lost off permanently.

Went for my first fill in about 6 months. I now have a total of 8.3cc. I hope it does the trick and hope it's not too much. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm in Oregon for the summer, and the closest support group is a TOPS group. I'll check it out tomorrow. I've never done TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly.

I've had severe fatigue since the mid 1990's. I've been through so many changes since then, but the fatigue persists.

I'm convinced the toxic liver I've had with the gall stones gave me a headache, but the Dr.'s say there is no connection. I'm still not feeling real well from my endoscopic procedure.

I make sure and take my bariatric Vitamins.< /p>

My weight is a constant challenge, but I expected it to be a challenge and a lot of hard work, even with the band. My understanding is that we take it off slower at first, compared to the gastric bypass, but after 3 years, we are all in the same place with weight.

I have the same fears about keeping the weight I have lost off permanently.

I don't buy it i think you get headaches too and fatigue. What are you taking for vitamins I just HATE them!!!