Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I too have an Allergan band and yes I have a card too. There is no support groups within an hour of me, and I did call a few of the local doctors and asked about aftercare. They were all rediculous. We are talking a few thousand in tests..etc...before they would see me --because they did not do the surgery ..I think its more because I had it done in Mexico. I don't feel I need that anyway. I get my support group right here-- THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

I hope your feeling better soon Minimeme.. and Loveslady--Your doing GREAT-- 47 pounds gone! Thats wonderful.

Take care-

K~

Down another pound although I have been eating more than I should, I just feel like I don't have much restriction and I still can eat about anything I want. I even had two slices of thin crust pizza the other night. Need to go for another fill just have been really busy to make the appt, but hopefully will call tomorrow. Take care.

Down another pound although I have been eating more than I should, I just feel like I don't have much restriction and I still can eat about anything I want. I even had two slices of thin crust pizza the other night. Need to go for another fill just have been really busy to make the appt, but hopefully will call tomorrow. Take care.

Amanda, you are doing so well!!!! How much fill do you have now? I find that I can eat plenty of some things - the stuff we are not really supposed to have, like Cereal, crackers. But last night I tried some chicken and could only manage 2 bites! I have 7.4 ccs in my 10 cc band.

Also, a little update: I ended up having surgery to remove my gallbladder this week. Apparently gallstones are common after WLS/rapid weight loss. What a drag. Five new scars to add to my collection on my belly! Laprascopic surgery again - of course they could not use the incisions already there!

The worst is no exercise for 3 weeks - and I am leaving for spring break in Mexico in 2.5 weeks! I was on a roll with Pilates and exercising about 5 days a week. Ugh.

Hope you are all doing well.

I am so happy to report that I am at my "sweet spot" for now. I was a little tight and had a defill of 1/2cc and then still felt a little tight for a weeks or so after and then magically, it loosened a little and I am able to eat just enough. Not getting hungry.

One thing I did when I was tight was really concentrate on how fast I was eating and the bite sizes. And now I find I can eat most anything if I take a very small bite and chew it well (30 seconds?).

And choosing what to eat isn't such a huge deal, other than getting Protein in, because anything I eat at this point is in such a small quantity that it's okay to have. (Within reason, of course)

So, just wanted to share that this 'sweet spot' is awesome and it may take a little struggle to get there with overfilling or underfilling but, it's a good place.

Oh I am soooo jelous of everyone who has found their sweet spot. I have to BEG for fills, I have had 2 so far and am at 5.5 in my 10cc band. I go in on Monday for my 3 month post op visit and am hoping I can talk the doc into 1 more cc as I am still feeling hunger too often.

Wow everyone seems to be having such varied experiences. I had not lost weight for 3 weeks and now it is flying off again. I did go to Germany horse shopping and was riding everyday which upped the calorie expenditure.

Here is what I do

1) I go to my docs monthly those appointments are prescheduled 2 months in advance usually the first week of the month. I do have to pay a 20 dollar copay but that is worth it. I do feel they keep me on track because I agree with what loveslady said small things happen and things creep up. They don't judge but I do feel they may notice things before I may and they stay on top of things They know I watch my nutrition (see #2) because I do log and when I do eat junk I admit it (I sometimes forget so I bring my papers so I can go back and refer to them). Here is a good example - before my last fill I felt I started eating too much. When I went to my appt I told him that and gave and example (I had 2 burger shots and 4 chicken nuggets). the response was 'in one sitting?' I said yes. Then he asks what did u have the rest of the day. I didn't remember so I checked and sure enough more junk. I got a small fill because I was flying out but it was what I needed. The best nutritional days for me are fish only days. I have been bad about veggies so I added a supplement. When I am not being great about food.... I am doing what I am doing right this second and eating Chinese but I am at my sweet spot so I can't really overdo it. I do not eat chips, chocolate (ok maybe 1 x a month or something; icecream never unless it is a skinny cow bar). I average 1200 calories a day but they can be 700 cals one day 1500 another etc. My calorie expenditure averages 2400 a day (see #3). The net loss works to about 2 lbs a week (you need to deficit 1000 calories to lose 2 lbs a week).

2) I log my food daily (except when I was in germany)

3) I started wearing a bodybugg so its been fairly accurate at predicting what goes in vs what goes out in calories

4) I could be better about exercise - on my weekends I ride that is good for an additional 800 calories usually per day. I used to walk home but have gotten lazy and the gym I more or less abandoned. Then I have these spurts of riding like last week which is daily (in december 2 weeks daily). It does seem to help the weight loss.

I think getting to your sweet spot quickly is critical to the success of this thing and as one poster mentioned I knew I was there because I was overtightened (don't recommend that if you can avoid it). Once they took a little out all great for two whole months.

Coloradomom - so sorry about your surgery what a bummer. Why do they say that happens? Do you know what triggered it? I did rapid weightloss diet before under a docs care - it was Liquid Protein only and they told us to NEVER have a high fat diet if we 'cheated' as it can lead to a gall bladder attack as our body is used to the low fat. Do you remember what you were eating before the problem happened? I'm curious because I have had some high fat days and now that makes me be extra cautious. I've heard about gall bladder and WLS but I wonder what the relationship is. I hope you are feeling better soon and back to the gym!!!

Coloradomom,

Sorry to hear about your surgery and new scars. Too bad they couldn't go on top of the existing ones. My big cut from the lapband was stitched...and it is still VERY ugly. The stitch marks are worse than the incision itself. Where in Mexico do you go for Spring Break. I would LOVE to get away somewhere warm, and its just not that warm in Florida right now. I saw an all inclusive, adults only resort in Cozumel. I think it was a Wyndham. That sounds wonderful. But I have never been to Mexico on vacation, only for day trips a few times and my lapband surgery.

Take care all.

Kimberly

amanda this is what blows my mind! I can eat thin crust pizza on a regular basis with no problem. The other day-and this is bad-I ate a hotdog. NOT just the inside like usual but the whole thing. Yes I did it slowly but it disgusted me (after i was done)that I could do it at all. I haven't been hungry up until this week. Its time for a fill but I rescheduled it and now I wish I hadn't.

Can u take pills whole?

coloradomom how DID you know you were having problems with your gallbladder?

Did I tell you ladies that my port is severly twisted? It is and the doc says its fine except when we go in he uses the ultrasound to figure out where to go. It sucks because its not the seemingly pleasant experience that I know it could possibly be. Most of the times it hurts. I haven't been to the doc in almost 2 months and here lately its been hurting a little. When I cough especially. I'm really praying I won't need a new surgery.

amanda this is what blows my mind! I can eat thin crust pizza on a regular basis with no problem. The other day-and this is bad-I ate a hotdog. NOT just the inside like usual but the whole thing. Yes I did it slowly but it disgusted me (after i was done)that I could do it at all. I haven't been hungry up until this week. Its time for a fill but I rescheduled it and now I wish I hadn't.

Can u take pills whole?

Depends on the size of the pill. Like Motrin I have to take one at a time and sometimes it still gets stuck. Weird huh!

OK so I did it! I finally ordered P90X for me and hubbie and can't get wait to get started. I will probably incorporate it with the other videos I have already. Will let you know when it gets here and how it goes. Take care.:frown:

amanda I believe its going to work miracles. I want to start using it when I feel like no matter what I do the weight will no longer budge. That's when I'm going to order that one so I can get super lean. I was thinking around 200 pounds so it can work off the last 40.

amanda I believe its going to work miracles. I want to start using it when I feel like no matter what I do the weight will no longer budge. That's when I'm going to order that one so I can get super lean. I was thinking around 200 pounds so it can work off the last 40.

That's what I'm hoping!

Well my P90x arrived today. I will start it on Monday. Today I'm going to do Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickbox. Woohoo! Hope everyone is well.