Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

I am so tired of this up down of weight loss ..

I was 250 day of surgery April 07 and now and am 220 this am I was 218 on sept 29,07 and I had to have unfill due to excess vomiting and went up to 226 and now slowly losing the lbs I gained I exercise and I am now able to eat 900 to 1200 calories now:hungry: .. I have metablism that is slow as a slug .. Before my unfill I know I was on starvation mode and getting off it shot my weight way up. I am now able to exercise due to getting my energy back but has anyone had much luck getting their metabloism moving in the right direction .. I am soooooooooo discouraged:mad: .. on how slow my weight loss is going.Current fill 3.4 cc on 4cc band seems like I will never lose weight the rate I am going.. :help: need some encourgement here

I just dont any weight weeks on end and if the scale does move it is always in the up direction

Lisa

I am so tired of this up down of weight loss ..

I was 250 day of surgery April 07 and now and am 220 this am I was 218 on sept 29,07 and I had to have unfill due to excess vomiting and went up to 226 and now slowly losing the lbs I gained I exercise and I am now able to eat 900 to 1200 calories now:hungry: .. I have metablism that is slow as a slug .. Before my unfill I know I was on starvation mode and getting off it shot my weight way up. I am now able to exercise due to getting my energy back but has anyone had much luck getting their metabloism moving in the right direction .. I am soooooooooo discouraged:mad: .. on how slow my weight loss is going.Current fill 3.4 cc on 4cc band seems like I will never lose weight the rate I am going.. :help: need some encourgement here

I just dont any weight weeks on end and if the scale does move it is always in the up direction

Lisa

Hello everyone, I haven't replied for quite some time. I am the one who broke her toe this summer and couldn't exercise, then they took all my fill out because of my esphygus bulging (can't spell) anyway you know what I mean. I gained 8 pounds by the time they refilled it 2ccs then two weeks later 1cc and yesterday they finally filled it enough where I can tell its there. So hopefully I will be able to get back on track and start eating smaller portions and exercise more. Wish me luck, I need all I can get now that my year is ended and I am self pay so have one more visit and then have to pay more if I go back, so must get that sweet spot soon.

Hi,

I just want to say thank you to countrygirl, you gave me some perspective.

I don't post reply very often, but when I get the chance it's usually just to re-state how frustrated and upset I am with myself and the band. I really thought I was going to lose more weight

I have lost 26 lbs since Dec. 18, 2006 (half that from pre op diet)

!'ve had about 5 fills, 2 of them very aggressive.

I'm 20, never got a chance to be a thin teen and I desperately want to feel confident before I get into my 30's and have kids. It's on my mind everyday. I have such a hard time being away at college. If The band did its part and let me eat less, then I would work with it and eat small amounts. I go to the gym frequently and take hikes with friends. I drink alcohol twice a week, beer mainly.

I eat 100 times better than any 20 year old girl I know and am still double their size because of my metabolism. It's upsetting, I jsut cannot fail at this.. I'm too afraid of living my life as a fat person, 20 years is long enough.. I need to see a light at the end of this tunnel.. is there anyone who has had a similar story? Does it just kick in one day?

thank god im not the only one!!! 9 weeks out and lost 18 then gained 5 (PMS tim) then lost 3 now who the hell knows but i do know its less then the 18 i once was at --- i will say maybe 14 ???? 2nd fill in 3 days!!! hope that will change things!!! i was hoping for 30 lbs in 3 days LOLOLOL

I can't lose anything at all unless I eat around 800 calories a day. A lot of people can eat way more calories than that. I had a resting metabolic test taken that showed exactly how slow my metabolism is. If I want to lose, I need to drink a Protein Drink for dinner which is about 120 calories, and not snack all evening.

I have had my band really tight where I could hardly eat at all, and I still didn't lose. I had some taken out because being tight didn't seem to make any difference.

I go to the gym 6 days a week and make sure I do at least 45 min of hard cardio.

I really don't have any other advice to offer, other than count calories. Calories in, calories out is the only thing that really matters.

Hey Denise,

A 10 point drop in BMI in less then a year is great. We never loose fast enough but you were smart enough to catch it before it got out of hand.

You are doing fine. Keep up the effort. It is the only thing that works.

4jin What is a bodybugg???

Just checking-in. I have lost 33 pounds since May 17 and I am feeling high on the world. It came to a screaching halt this week and I have to be so careful. Keep praying for me and encouragement is welcomed.

Hurray, a club for me to join:):Banane20:

I had my surgery on June 22 this year and I lost 25 lbs right in the pre and post op diet. Since then 4 fills, half way restricted 5cc's out of a 10cc band. I have maybe lost close to 10lbs in 4 months and I eat very, VERY little. I must admit that I am not a great exerciser ( I swim and walk my doggies ) but I am a busy mom of 2 and live in a 3500 sqft home with all wood floors, so you know I work hard to keep a nifty household. My friends always say " wow, you lost more weight!" but the scale doesn't lie. I did go from size 20 to a loose size 16 jeans, so that is nice. But my "pregnant looking belly" is still there. My chihuahua is happy, because when he sits on my lap he can still rest his little head on my tummy. I was at a school banquet last night and sat at a table with a nice looking, pleasantly chubby man and be noticed that neither of us had much food on their plate. Turns out he had the band 1 year ago in Mexico. He is happy, but has also only lost 45lbs in one year. Oh well, it's good to be in a club of good company:scared::(:scared:

Josie

I was banded on 11/29/06 so my bandiversary is coming up soon. I have been disappointed with my weight loss so far. Did good for the first 6 months, then it just stopped and had gained back 20. Now back down 5, for a total loss of 25 pounds. Definitely not what I expected. I wonder if I have stretched my stomach/pouch. For a long time I did not have proper restriction I know and was eating @ 8-12 ounces per meal. I have cut back and am now eating @ 6-8 ounces, but that still seems like too much. Yes, I am losing a little again, but just not sure I am where I should be or doing what I should do. I have had some unrelated health issues over the last 6 months, which I think caused depression/anxiety about the weight. I guess what I am trying to ask is....what do you do if you think you have stretched your stomach or band? Is there a diet you can do to get things back the way they should be? Should I just go back to stage 1 with liquids? If so, for how long? I could really use some help here.

Thanks so much.

Misschrissie67,

Hi I Was Banded 11/30/06 Happy Anniversary. I Too Am A Slow Loser Everything Was Great For 6 Months Down Almost 40 But Now Up 10 And Havent Lost Anything Since. Just Have To Keep Moving Forward And Keep Exercising As Much As Possible. I Guess I Reached A Plateau But Would Like To Get Off It Real Soon.

Talk To You,

Speed Racer

I think counting the calories is what I will do also with no snacking, because even with restriction, I hear stories that are wonderful of people losing left and right and I am inchworming along. EVEN with excercise. I was wondering, if I did half liquid diet and half regular diet, 1 day on and off, would that work, like the shock treatment to the system?

Misschrissie, the only way to find out if you stretched out your pouch is to have the dr. do a test. I am not sure what it's called,

but your doctor should know. The way they shrink it back is to go back on the liquid diet for a few weeks.

I am getting another fill. I was too tight and had some taken out, but I think he took out too much. I am tired of trying to do this with willpower and no restriction. I wish he could have gotten me in sooner than the middle of Dec.

That I'm going to be a slow loser, too. I was banded 11/7/07 and have lost no weight since the surgery. I lost 19 lb. on the pre-op diet, have been taking in 600-800 cal. per day of Proteins and good carbs and the scale has not moved! I know I am healing, however, I read about all the people that have surgery and lose all kinds of weight initially. I sure am not one of them! I'm glad to find this group.