Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

I would like to join this group. I have been banded for almost two years in feb. I have only lost about 60 pounds. I have been exercising for 8 months. Five days a week at least an hour and have not lost one ounce. In fact I have gained 10 pounds. Does that get me in the club? I sure could use some help and support.. Sharon

Sharon, you need to change your exercise around. The past couple of months I have been working with a trainer. He insists that you have to shock your body constantly by always changing the routine.

What are you eating? I have a very slow metabolism and I don't lose anything unless I stick to 800 calories per day plus exercise.

I do realize that I am probably eating more than I should. I think I am eating around 1100 a day. I will try the 800 and when you say mix up the exercise. What do you mean ? Like no weights on one day or a week of cardio and no weights. Did I mention I am a slow learner tooo!!!!!!HAHA

im going to go back and start doing FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal again. i have an ongoing account with them (its free) and it does help me keep realistic account of my intake. also knowing that im listing everything keeps my head in the right direction. I knowwhere my biggest problem is though:

lets say it together shall we?

ready?

::::: excercise :::::::::

my activity levels since coming back to maine a month ago have been NIL. nada, none, zero, zip.

ive tried doing the dr recommended thirty minute walk a day, for a couple of days, and i cant find enough layers of clothing to make it warm enough to go out there. Thats my excuse. i cant get around that one little excuse. its cold. too cold.

my house is even cold. i have a small bubble of warmth in my living room that i wont circulate out of. so..its me and my fat dog stuck on the couch of perpetual lethargy in our bubble of warmth.

i leave in NINE DAYS to go to galveston island for the entire winter. :)

nine. 9. one more after eight, and one less than ten. Niiiiine...tomorrow itwill be eight. day after that, it will be SEVEN...

Just checking in since I haven't been here in a while. Haven't had a fill since 12/8/06 :-( and now I am 5 yrs out from surgery and back where I started.

hi mrs jones.

what happened? how has your progress been so far? did you lose and regain or just didnt lose? do you have fills? Im very interested in hearing.

I was down to 212 which was a 50 lb loss but I have regained. I had no insurance coverage for fills since 1/1/07. I had a 3.8cc fill in December. I am sure that has all evaporated by now. What happened? Failed infertility treatments, depression....I can't afford to pay out of pocket for fills so I have this tool I can't use.

I put on a pair of jeans And I truly look huge I have been doing like 200 crunches a day and my stomach is tighter but it has been raised off my thighs and I think I look awful.. I feel bigger too. If this weight loss thing doesnt start moving soon I am afraid I am going to quit. Its getting harder to drag myself to the gym. I think I had rather be beat than to keep beating a dead horse and not see ANY results.

Thank you for letting me rant/.

I do realize that I am probably eating more than I should. I think I am eating around 1100 a day. I will try the 800 and when you say mix up the exercise. What do you mean ? Like no weights on one day or a week of cardio and no weights. Did I mention I am a slow learner tooo!!!!!!HAHA

What kind of cardio do you do? I use the treadmill, the elliptiKILL and the stair master. Sometimes I do 15 or 20 min on each, sometimes I will do one machine for 45 min. You should vary the resistance. Like on the ellpitiKILL,

I do level 9 for 2 min, then level 10 for 2 min. then 11 for 2 min. The treadmill,

I also change the mph. I will go for 3.5 for 5 min. and move the incline up and down, then jog for 1 min at 5 mph. see what I am getting at? You can't do the same thing the entire time on any of the machines.

Do you go to the library at all? There is great book called Body for Life. You could probably get a used copy at Amazon, but I am a big fan of the library.

I do the weight loss program on the bike .. Usually about 30 minutes on the ellipical and do all the weight circuits. I am usually there about 2 hours.

My gym has a great weight machine that has really taken inches off my thighs. It's kind of like sitting in the thing at the GYN office. It's kind of hard to explain. You lean back, and push out with your legs. I have the weight set pretty high, 110 lbs. I have lost 3" in my thighs from that and the leg press.

Do you vary the resistance on the elliptical?

I too am a slow loser. I was baded May 11th, have had 3 fills, and have only lost 27 lbs. My last fill finally provided more restriction,but maybe too much. I have to be very careful what I eat and how fast. It's seems like every day food gets stuck and I PB. I've vomited several times since my fill two weeks ago. I don't want to get unfilled b/c I'm finally startig to lose weight again, but I also don't want to have my band slip. I want to try and stick out until my next scheduled appt.

I had that problem too, and I ended up having some out. I got tired of how limited I was of what I could eat. I was living on Protein Shakes for awhile until I got some out. It so hard to find the exact right fill!

I too am a slow loser. I was baded May 11th, have had 3 fills, and have only lost 27 lbs. My last fill finally provided more restriction,but maybe too much. I have to be very careful what I eat and how fast. It's seems like every day food gets stuck and I PB. I've vomited several times since my fill two weeks ago. I don't want to get unfilled b/c I'm finally startig to lose weight again, but I also don't want to have my band slip. I want to try and stick out until my next scheduled appt.

I totally understand, but I think learning to eat smaller and slower is part of the banding experience. I know the first month after my WHOPPER fill (Dr. words...lol) I lost 7 lbs. It has taken me the past 2 months to learn to slow down and eat smaller. I'm doing better with it. Toddler silverware had helped to alter how my intake is, thus...not as much PB. Good luck