Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Young Teen!

Idk, something about insurance. Ugh. =(

ohh that stinks ugh I'm so uncomfortable, it sucks ):

lol. I'm sure that you are!!!

And I found out something really cool. There's a girl in my school who's also in band ( like me. ) and she's banded!

the pain went down alot

That's awesome! There's a teacher in my school who I think got banded

That is awesome though (:

hey! i was banded by dr.smith, his partner. Have you started camp yet. When I did the preop diet, I was very very busy and had a hard time sustaining energy. Be prepared to carry around cheese sticks and Protein Bars (some ppl oppose, but they are convenient). I still loss 20lbs preop (i was on the diet for 2 weeks). GL! maybe see u in group one day.

did you have your sugery yet moxiedo?

Coolio MoxieDo!!! I'm set up to get Dr. Ferrera to do my surgery, but I seriously contemplated having Dr. Smith do it! And what camp? lol, if you talking bout band then yes. and I'm dead tired. XD

And that's good Erin! lol, so how is being banded for a week (or however long it is) going!?

I was banded July 22, lost 10-12 lbs so far. Kinda been stuck at the same 2lbs for the past week. I am increasing my exercise and hopefully will drop something by next week...I need my fill!

we lost the same amount of weight lol, well thats good, i got to start exercising soon but i got to call to make sure its ok to do so, my band already has a fill in it, im not sure if i want any more at this point i might need it, i might not, how did you feel your first week? congrats to you (:

Coolio MoxieDo!!! I'm set up to get Dr. Ferrera to do my surgery, but I seriously contemplated having Dr. Smith do it! And what camp? lol, if you talking bout band then yes. and I'm dead tired. XD

And that's good Erin! lol, so how is being banded for a week (or however long it is) going!?

it gets better everyday (: im finally on full liquids now woohoo lol, hows life going for you? (:

I felt great the first week. Sure I had pain, but it went away in due time (I find that acceptable, I had a previous surgery and was in pain for 5 weeks) I mostly walked around the block and mall the first 2 weeks. Starting week 3 I've been hitting the gym. I do mostly cardio, mostly on the eliptical *gasp* I know we are not supposed to, but I've always done it, at one point i was doing 70-80min straight. However, now I'm out of shape, so I'm only going about 30-40min. I also take a jazzercise class, but I dont do any abdominal stuff (don't want to herniate through my incisions). Basically, if you were active before the band, i think you can be active after the band. Let your body tell you how far you can go...right now I'm taking it easy and not pushing as far as I know I can go.

When did u get ur first fill?

sounds good, most people do the eliptical and i wish i can afford a gym membership but school is almost here and i need a lot of money for school since its my last year, the eliptical is fun tho my school has one but i wont beable to stay after to use it maybe when theres no school at the place im going for cosmetology. how much is it at the gym you go to? i wish we still had curves. i need to go for a walk today and it better not rain, i dont know what exercises im allowed to do right now cause my surgeron was busy yesturday and i didnt get to see him but hes supposed to call today so i can ask, im only a week and a half out i dont get my first til next month and to be honest im kinda scared lol im going to do light lifting with 2 pound weights so my arms dont get flabby and when i can lift heavier ill slowly increase it, awesome to you though (:

I do the elliptical because I have spent many years hurting my knees (obesity, sports, dance). Lately, I have been adding the treadmill to prepare for my daily walks to the hospital in Philadelphia (i'll explain in a min).

I am in medical school at a health science center and they have a gym on campus that is free for students. They offer different aerobics classes, but jazzercise is the only one that is on my level so far...dancing is NOT what it used to be, there are things in the way that did not used to be there!

I understand about the gym-they are all bloody expensive and have retarded fees. I will be in a different city every month for the next 5-7months on rotations, so committing/paying for a gym is not in my future. Some hospitals will have one for me to use, so I'm ok at most of them. What I'm planning to do is look for smaller, no name gyms that will give me temporary membership for less. These are also the places that tend to be cheaper in general.

Anyways, I think I might finally break the 2 week plateau...hopefully by Monday! GL on working out and remember to keep it easy, you are still in your 2nd week. Weights are good for toning-just small ones w/ many reps. You really need cardio though to shed the weight..what good are muscles if you can't see them! haha, that is what my friend (former trainer and weight lifter) says. stay strong!

i have a bad knee and i love the eliptical, i wish i had one of my own. hmm i guess walking twice a day will be good enough, when six weeks get here i want to slowly start running since i never could run too good before since my knee and my ankle but maybe by then itll be better cause ill be lighter. im gonna add in DDR and wii fit, workout DVD's and lightly do weights. that sounds cool, theres a YMCA around here but i dunno how it costs.

ah so yeah im gonna play DDR and go for a walk tonight, i hope by wednesday when i go see my surgeron again, i lost some pounds, good luck to you too (:

hahahaha, I think we hijacked this thread...andy are you still around?

P.S. I sooooooooooooooo want a wii....I really like boxing (must be genetic). I can't get one until I'm done with my nomad lifestyle :)