Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Young Teen!

yeah me too, dont get chocolate but if you want you can try it, vanilla is the best i think and it dont give me a stomach ache. everyone is different though, you might like chocolate and it wont give you a stomach ache but yeah, and strawberry is the worst lol. my Protein Shake powder has 16g of Protein in it, need to have protein shake 4 times a day and 2 vitamins(one morning and one at night) i think it gave me a stomach ache only cause i used the recipie the nutritionist gave me, 4-6 oz of Water, 1 packet of HMR 800 chocolate shake powder, 1 tsp of sugar-free raspberry Gelatin mix, and 4 or more ice cubes, blegh!!!

Ugh. I know, my dad goes out and buys these huge like, two gallon things of the powder. He used to only get chocolate, so one day I decided to try it and I started gagging. He hasn't bought any vanilla, but I have had Special K Protien shakes...but I'm not sure if that is the same thing. Right now he's got Cookie's and Cream, so I'm thinking that once I get home I'll try it.

Wow, lol, I'm kind of rambling. XD

haha, yeah my brother used to buy the chocolate kind too, i heard that the Cookies and cream one was really good. the special k drinks im not so sure about but you can use them i heard they were okay. i would stick with the cookies and cream lol. yes definately try it and tell me if its any good haha (: im alowed to have under 1,000 calories these 9 days, today im going to be wrapping it up with 990 cals and 88g of protein(need 80 or more) and i need 64 oz of Fluid whick i had more woohoo. tomorrow my cals are planned to be 900-960 and Protein 86 or more. the docs always say plan a day ahead so you know what you are going to be eating and you have it all picked out and ready to go.

on my preop diet my nutritionist/dietition gave me a list of things i could have with the Protein Shakes and the vitamins...a low sugar, protein rich liguid diet. goal is to take in over 80gm protein daily while limiting calories to less than 1,000 for the day and staying well hydrated with 64oz(8 cups or 2000cc) fluid

• one cup of milk (fat free, 1% or lact aid) or 8oz light yogurt (dannon light, yoplait light or columbo light) or 1/2 cup cottage cheeze.(choose one though)
  • limit fruit joices to one cup daily or vegetable juices to 2 cups daily (choose one)
  • as desired include: Water, sugar free beverages such as crystal light, wylers light, sugar free kool aid, sugar free tang, diet snapple, diet soda(hey! thinking about that i havent had any today woohoo! i just had water and diet snapple), propel, coffee, or tea(in moderation), broth or bouillon, sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello
  • continue to take you Multivitamin with mineral and Calcium supplements

you can start this now if you wanted to, to help you lose some weight before surgery :D wish i thought of it a while ago lol but it wasnt on my mind

haha yeah now im kind of rambling lol :thumbup:

0_o...lol, I didn't understand half of that! XD I'll figure it out though. how long is this liquid diet going to last? Am I going to be on it until November??? (Lol, I forgot what my daddy ate and stuff, but I know that it'll probably be different because I'm so young. XD )

oh lol, it only lasts 9 days(thats how long mine is) or your doc might want you to do it for 5, or 7 or even two weeks. lol no you wont be doing that until november, but from now all the way up to the preop diet you should be eating smaller portions, or have lean cuzine(however you spell that) cut out junk foods and fast foods and dont forget exercising, do things you like and dont think of it as exercise, like basketball, volleyball, tennis, walking to the park, things like that =D yeah it might be different

Trust me, I'll get plenty of exercise. Band Camp starts in two weeks and it's State year, so I'll probably be dead by September.

As for the Cookies and Cream, my dad says that it is disgusting and worst than chocolate. Trust me, if he won't eat it, then it has to be bad.

thats good :D

ohhh! but you never know, you might like it, everyone is diff (: but if anything id go for the vanilla, its the best

Yah, I'll try and convince him to make his shake tonight so that I can taste it.

I went to see my nutritionalist today! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. :cool2:

haha, did you try it?

i feel the same way and i felt the same way when i saw mine haha (:

Yah, I did. I almost lost my dinner. But it was probably just the brand, he always buy's the cheapest thing no matter what it is.

Lol, I feel like a kid again. I have to take Calcium and Vitamins now, so we went out and bought flinstone Vitamins. I haven't had them since I was little! =)

my dad is the same way haha but he dont buy Protein Shakes lol

ohh haha me too, i never really liked them when i was little but orange was my favourite, that gives me a good idea, i want some now they're prolly better than what i take, i got chewable Multivitamins and its orange flavour, it makes me gag lol, but its alright if you drink Water while chewing them, and i can buy my Protein Powder shake mix from my nutitionist and you get Vitamins with it too, blahh (:

Lol, my nutritionist gave me some of their Vitamins and I tried one in her office. When I left I just gave the rest of them back. She seemed to get a real kick out of that. XD

haha nice :thumbup:

Urgh, we have to go to a new nutritionalist now. =(

I guess that this is the first speedbump in this whole process for me.

ohh, im sorry, but why?