Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List of things needed after your surgery

I also bought several boxes of Crystal Light. My favorite is the Mango-Peach Green Tea. Plain Water gets pretty boring after a while. I made sugar-free Jello the day before surgery, and bought some applesauce. Yesterday I had the applesauce for lunch- it was really good!

Glad to know I'm not alone in my obsessive compulsiveness. Need to just get what is listed and have faith that everything will go well from there!

hi! i was banded yesterday and was wondering what is some of the mushies you have tried? do you mind sharing? i am a little scared because i drank to fast last night and vomitted! Also is phazyme small liquid gels ok to take?

hi! i was banded yesterday and was wondering what is some of the mushies you have tried? do you mind sharing? i am a little scared because i drank to fast last night and vomitted! Also is phazyme small liquid gels ok to take?

for the first couple of days i was Clear liquids only, which included broth, luigi's frozen ice, sugar free Jello, and i ate/drank with baby spoons to keep from going too fast.

i would recommend the gas-x strips or chewables, or the baby's mylicon rather than phazyme gels.

So far these are the things I've found the most helpful.

Insulated Playtex sippy cups (as suggested by TessieKay, I think) have been wonderful.

I had to get a raised toilet seat for the first several days post-op.

I bought a Magic Bullett, and it is fabulous!!!

The sippy cups are definitely the thing I appreciate the most. I have 3!! :thumbup:

Any cheese lovers out there still on liquids? Try the Campbells condensed cheese Soup (for cooking) and dilute with clear chicken broth to thin it down to whatever consistency is right for you. It has no chunks, so no need to strain, and is sooooooo gooooood after those clear liquids!

Guest freedom2009

Hi Bunz --- I'll be banded July 21 also at 10:30 AM. Be sure and keep posting, let us know how you are doing. I've already started using my magic bullet and really nice. So easy to clean up. Don't forget to take a pillow to hosp for the ride home.

I bought thermacare Patches, take or toss baby spoons and sippy cups that way I could leave one at all of my friends houses and not have to worry about not having what I needed when out. I bought some way cool little plates and individual sized stoneware from pier one! I'm so excited I'm ready to start using them now...darn liquids just won't stay on the plate...LOL oh well only five more days of liquids!!!!!! I'm ready to eat a TRUCK!!! Surgery is coming so fast I'm running around trying to get everything done.:)

Definately GAS-X strips! They melt on your tounge and REALLY help. Today is day 9 out of surgery for me and I (knock on wood) FINALLY don't have gas pain in my shoulder! :)

One more thing I didn't see on hear is a soft cup bra. I usually wear underwires and there is an incision that is usually right in that area just under the front of your bra. The soft cup really, helped for awhile until the incision healed. I use a rice bag for heat. A trick my mother-in-law taught me and I still use it all the time. Take an old pillow case and cut it the length and size you want. I have several different sizes and lengths and use them for different areas of my body. Sew it together leaving a small entry hole and fill the hole with uncooked rice. Leave some room in there so the bag is flexible. Place the bag in the microwave for about 2 minutes and you are ready to use it. I like it because I can use it in bed and not worry about the cord. They are great. Also, the bullet is fantastic as Aivey said. It saves the day in the mushy stage.< /p>

LAXITIVES! I just had surgery yesterday and let me tell you owwie! My tummy! I cant go and it hurts. I didnt think I would have to go because I havent had anything but Clear Liquids for the last four days, but I was wrong. Dont forget to get this or you may be as sorry as I am. I just took some but its a day late a dollor short. If I could do it over again Id have started taking them right after surgery even though I didnt feel like going until the next day. It would have really helped.

LAXITIVES! I just had surgery yesterday and let me tell you owwie! My tummy! I cant go and it hurts. I didnt think I would have to go because I havent had anything but Clear Liquids for the last four days, but I was wrong. Dont forget to get this or you may be as sorry as I am. I just took some but its a day late a dollor short. If I could do it over again Id have started taking them right after surgery even though I didnt feel like going until the next day. It would have really helped.

yeah, that's what the milk of mag is for! a little dose'll do you, though!

my doc also recommended Miralax, since it's over the counter now, and safe to take everyday.

I'm 15 days post-op today and having fun keeping the mix in my liquids.

V-8 has a couple of yummy varieties of Soups that I like. Roasted Red Pepper and also Tomato. They are a bit tastier and heartier than campbells. I do however have the cupboard in the kitchen at work stocked with the heat-in-the can campbells Soup version as well.

sugar free popsicles/fudgesicles are good, liquid tylenol is my best friend. I have been taking the One-a-Day supplement that dissolves in Water and really liking some of the Vitamin Water formulas. One bottle of Vitamin Water has 50% of the B12 needed in a day. Metamucil also has a dissolvable formula that taken in the afternoon helps to curb my appetite.

At day 8 I started drinking one of the DanActive immunity boosters every morning when I leave the house. Kind of strange at first. I bought both peach and strawberry so I would have variety.

I still carry my pillow with me. I have a 60 minute commute to the office and fly to different cities a couple of times a week and have found it beneficial for comfort.

My birthday is tomorrow, and I'm wishing I could have a piece of cake. :scared2:

Well happy birthday!:cursing: I know how you feel...i was banded on 7/7..and my birthday was on 7/14...no cake for me either! I'm not a big cake person normally, but we make an italian cake every year...with pound cake and riccotta chceese, powdered suger, a few cherries cut up, and a HUGE hersher's bar...most is chopped up and put in the mix..the rest is shaved on top..oh and did i mention that the 'frosting' is cool whip? OHHHHHHHH SO GOOD......it's basically a canoli cake...but when i'm back on food in a few weeks, we're going to celebrate...i can only have a TINY piece, but that's ok!

Had surgery 7/16, all went really well. My 3 best friends post-op have been. Gas-x melts [omg the relief!!], a cold pack for my port incision, using it at least once a day and quit using pain meds yesterday, and Benefiber! Ah I could get rapturous about Benefiber rofl.