Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't care: A Michael Jackson Rant

Even if the Doc gave him something within legal means, who knows what he had self medicated with that the Doc knew nothing about.

But walk a mile in his shoes??? Don't think I'd wanna go where those shoes would take me!

I can't believe that I have sat here for 2 hours and have read all of these posts!!:thumbup:

I am a MJ fan! I loved his music and loved to watch him dance. I hated to watch what he had become over the last 10 or so years.

Do I think he was guilty? Since I don't know with 100% certainty I have to say...probably he was..but we will never know for sure.

Was he a freak..I would rather say that he was unbalanced mentally and emotionally.

Do I understand why some people dislike him ( I hate the word hate..lol)..yeah I do.

But walk a mile in his shoes??? Don't think I'd wanna go where those shoes would take me!

I agree, you do not have to "walkin someone shoes" in order to like or dislike them...people hate and love me, but they haven't walked in my shoes...

You know Rod, I always thought the whole "walk a mile in their shoes" phrase, was so that you could understand what made them do certain things.

For instance, if you had snapped someones head off the day your son had surgery, if we were in your shoes, we would have known WHY you were in a different mood.

To walk a mile in MJ's shoes, no matter what the issue, would not answer some of the questions we all have --- unless one of the stops in those shoes were at a dealers house or something! I mean, what experience or what mood are you in to hang your infant son over a balcony?

What pushes you to continue to allow children in your private areas in your home, when it has already caused problems?

These are the things I wonder about.

The plastic surgery, I honestly feel was a mental thing, I think he like many of us suffered from a body dysmorphia issue, and he probably never truly saw himself as he was becoming.

And the drugs---the problem with them, is once you begin, you are often unable to make a straight decision again. Which is why so many are addicted, famous and not famous.

My brother had an addiction to alcohol, and it took a forced time out (aka jail time) for him to be forced into sobriety, and to stay that way long enough to realize he had reasons to stay that way. He has a brain injury from years ago, and he just never sobered up long enough prior to be arrested, to figure out that it was a SERIOUS problem!

When the drugs are always there and available, and you can even have a Dr. there to get and give them....doesn't seem like a lot of hope going straight.

Those issues I can I suppose relate to, feel I HAVE walked in those shoes. But the others.....no desire to walk in them, as I cannot see any way to rationalize them.

One thing for sure, the story is not going away any time soon......

Yeah. I hear what you're saying. I never really liked that saying...I sure as hell wouldn't want anyone to have to walk in my shoes :D

So what if he could dance? (He could also grab his crotch and squeal...talent? REALLY?) So what if 20 years ago he was popular??? So what if every now and then a decent song came out of him?

He was a freak show, an unstable psycho who endangered his own kids (does anyone remember the balcony??) and *probably* molested children. Making your kids wear sheets over their heads, and freak-a-zoid Mardi Gras masks doesn't make for an icon worth revering. I don't care how much "talent" you have, kids should come first!!!! What's the matter with people that they didn't take that into consideration. Let's just brush this molestation issue under the rug, because gosh darn it, he could sing and dance!! Wooo.

Good riddance, MJ....

It's too bad innocent unless proven guilty doesn't hold up.

Michael Jackson was weird, you can go as far as saying he's a freak, most wouldn't argue that - hell if you were in the spot light since the age of 6, your version of normal would be twisted too. I just get frustrated that people speak on things that they know NOTHING about. You weren't there, you can't know he's probably a molester...you know nothing of this matter except what the media advertised! And implying he was a bad father and that his kids didn't come first...on what basis? Granted the balcony incident was dumb as all can be, but his kids were barely in the media and when they were, it seems his version of protecting their privacy included covering them with masks and such so they wouldn't be so easily recognized on a day to day basis. We know nothing about how he was as a father so why should we go around saying he was a bad one?

Just my rant.

It's too bad innocent unless proven guilty doesn't hold up.

Innocent until proven guilty is a LEGAL concept. It means that the prosecutor has to prove the defendant is guilty. In other countries, the defendant is assumed guilty and has to prove he's innocent.

That is ALL it means. It does not mean random people on a message board can't have opinions about the actions of someone famous or even not so famous.

I'm not an idiot...nor am I saying people can't have opinions. In fact, I was doing just that...adding my opinion into the mix.

I don't think she called you an idiot....if she did I missed it!

Edited by rodriguezequal

Um, I a she. :cool2:

My bad...lol...only 6 weeks preggo and I'm already losing my mind!!! lol sorry!

I think i was only able to get through 6 pages of this post and am just appalled at how people are quick to act like they were actually there in the room with MJ and the kids. Can I just point out that the insurance companies were the ones who paid the accuser off much to the dismay of MJ and his attorneys. Please check this out:

On 28 June 2009 Frank Paul Gambino wrote a post that could not be stated any other way, It truly shows us that Michael was indeed who we thought he truly was, ( Entertainer, Humanitarian, Father, son, brother and not a child molester ). Hopefully he can truly rest in peace now.According to the Global Grind Jordan Chandler admits he lied on Michael for his father. They were invited into Michael’s home during hard times. The statement goes as follows; ” I never meant to lie and destroy Michael Jackson but my father made me to tell only lies. Now I can’t tell Michael how much I’m sorry and if he will forgive me”.

According to the Global Grind Jordan said; “Now for the first time I can’t bare to lie anymore. Michael Jackson didn’t do anything to me, all was my father lies to escape from being poor.”

I do not know the source that received the statement yet but it is said to be an Associated Press Transcript.

They ultimately settled out of court for about $22 Million because Michael handlers at the time thought an ugly court battle could cost him more of his young fan base, but the turn of events started Michael to using pain pills which he eventually became addicted to. And he never fully rebounded from this until death.

It is good that Michael name is being cleared, but a sad day in the light of how this destroyed Michael’s life, you can only imagine the level of embarrassment Michael experienced.

Funny thing is how people hated Michael while he was a live but now that he is dead he is receiving so much love, by the same people who found it funny to constantly ridicule him. If Michael had a drug problem it was to mend a broken heart.

If you remember at the time Latoya was estranged and supported the claims of Jordan Chandler and switch her position in 2005, she was brainwashed by Jack Gordon her husband, Manager and Pimp. I know she must be having stomach aches these days with the new revelations as put by Freemasons, because by 2005 the damage was done to Michael, especially if she made the rough statements only to get at Michael. But we all learn from our mistakes. Hopefully this death of Michael might bring the unity back to the Jackson Family the way it used to be under the Iron hand of Joseph Jackson.

Now check the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lVUvOLdg50

I loved MJ all my life. I was not there to see what happened and although the way he lived his life was over the top for ANYONE, I do not believe that man molested any kids. There were WAY too many kids that he was around and only 2 ever claimed molestation and SUED him for money. REALLY??? Send his ass to jail if he's guilty, forget the money! And as you may or may not really care, in the interview with Martin Bashir, he NEVER SAID he slept in the bed with the kids, he usually slept on the floor with the sleeping bag. Now was that the most logical thing to do, it is if your a kid, it was a sleepover. I do think it was wrong as society sees it, but he lived in his own little world! He genuinely loved kids! He is in the Guiness Book of World Records for the amount money he has donated to many many charities!!

As for all the crackpot jokes about him being an ashtray:thumbdown::cool2: Shame on you! Seriously, didn't you do something to help you feel better whether it was for your health or to look better? He had an image problem, one that stemmed from adolescence (sp?). He was ridiculed for his acne and was told by a fan (which he never forgot) "What happened? You used to be cute, now your ugly!" I don't know about you, but sometimes words really hurt!! As much as you'd like to act as if they don't, we are all human. I can personally remember when I was 13 this neighbor of mine (an older man) used to call me Miss Piggy, never EVER did anything or said anything to that man, and thats what he called me. As a teen, it really affected me, and still does.

Then he broke his nose when he was filming and then had other surgeries done to his nose to help breath better. He also suffered from vitaligo, if you look closely at pics of his hands you can certainly see the spotting, thats why he wore his 1 glove. Freak of nature? Possibly, but damn if that was bestowed upon you, how would you react to it, having MILLIONS to play with?

Now did I kow the man personally, no, but he played an important role in music. I will cherish that forever. I pray for his soul and truly hope that he is in a better place free from the judgements of us MERE MORTALS!!

Ok he was a "mere mortal"...he was human just like the rest of us. Also have you ever looked at Joan Rivers and said what the heck happened to her or looked at a skinny actress and went omg eat something! How is that different? As humans we all have a right to our own thoughts and whether or not we decide to voice those thoughts. I play, what my husband calls, "Pass Judgement". Usually I play it in my head, but sometimes my hubby and I pay together...mostly laughing at what people wear or their makeup, and hey it's fun...do I go up to someone and say what in gods name were you thinking!!! No I don't, but do I say it to my hubby or to myself...hells yeah! We're human...and sometimes people wear some crazy things!!! lol

Ok he was a "mere mortal"...he was human just like the rest of us. Also have you ever looked at Joan Rivers and said what the heck happened to her or looked at a skinny actress and went omg eat something! How is that different? As humans we all have a right to our own thoughts and whether or not we decide to voice those thoughts. I play, what my husband calls, "Pass Judgement". Usually I play it in my head, but sometimes my hubby and I pay together...mostly laughing at what people wear or their makeup, and hey it's fun...do I go up to someone and say what in gods name were you thinking!!! No I don't, but do I say it to my hubby or to myself...hells yeah! We're human...and sometimes people wear some crazy things!!! lol

I made the reference of bein a mere mortal 1)because it was a line in THRILLER for true MJ fans, and 2) because the real judge and jury happens after death, if you believe in God.

I am a real MJ fan thank you and I do not believe in God. In Thriller he was a mere mortal because he couldn't resist the Thriller either