Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really wanted that chinese food

:tongue:

sometimes it really bothers me not to be able and sit and eat like I used to.

It is more difficult then I thought at times

The only thing that makes me feel better is when I hop on the scale in the morning and see the numbers going down:thumbup:

I hear ya.

Yesterday there was a burger burn (cook-out) at work for someone going to another military base. I really would have liked one of those burgers, but stuck with my chicken salad while everyone else chowed down on them. I got on the scale this morning, and thumbed my nose at that hamburger.

I just got restriction with my 2nd fill on Monday. I was kind of going through the same thing this week. But, I have lost a pound every day since then and I couldn't be happier!! :)

I am just having to learn to really take tiny, tiny bites and chew to liquid..I never really knew how fast and how much I was really eating....

You know how they say a portion of Protein should be the size of a deck of cards, well now I can really eat that or less and be totally full....that is amazing to me. No wonder I never did well on diets before...:)

We can do this!:tongue:

I hear ya as well. Sometimes I get so upset because I just can't sit down like eveyone else and eat a normal meal. Im not saying I wasnt to sit there and eat junk but just a normal meal. But then I remember what my life was like when I ate a normal meal and I realize I'm all set with all that. I would rather be happy and healthy, then sitting at the table eating pizza. Good luck to everyone

I've had a burger (a 1/4 of one at a time) I have General Tso's leftovers in the fridge and I've had a piece of pizza.< /p>

I don't eat like this every day, but I don't deny myself food I like either.

This is for the rest of my life, I'm not going to make any food completly off limits.

85% of the time I make good choices. I didn't have this surgery to make my life miserable, just to have more control.

I still eat "normal" food just like unbanded people. I've just learned to modify some of my choices. I have thin crust pizza, instead of stuffed crust like I used to love. I eat hamburgers with lean ground beef, sans bun. You can't just give up everything and live on a diet of low calorie flavorless crap...well, I guess you could, but that wouldn't be any fun! Chinese, just stay away from the fried & load up on steamed veggies and chicken =)

Hubs ran by Walmart last night and grabbed himself one of thos take-and-bake pizzas. I'm still in the mushies stage of post-op recovery. That pizza smelled soooo fregging good. I don't be grudge his skinny butt for eating what he wants. But, lsat night I almost cried, which made him feel so bad. Not, my intention. I was goof and ate a vanilla pudding

I have been banded 6 weeks now. Have had some susi, and chicken chow mein. Not much thought. Egg Drop Soup is good too especially when you are just baneded etc. Lots of proteene etc.

I had this surgery so I would not have to be on a diet the rest of my life. I do not eat non-fat(what that stuff is made of is just as bad for you),and I eat some low-fat. I figure if I'm going to eat small quantities, it's going to be good tasting quality food, not tasteless diet crap. I eat regular Salad Dressing, etc., just less of it. I love what the band has done for me. I eat well balanced meals plus the occasional treat and even some junk food, but in limited quantities. I have eaten chinese, burgers, hot dogs, bbq, pizza, etc. It' wonderful to be able to eat what I want, stay in control and still lose weight!

I have not had a regular burger with bun and all about a year and a half. Does it suck to go out for deep dish chicago style pizza with your dh and not be able to load up? Yeah, sometimes it sucks. I do have to say, I have been more adventurous at restaurants when I do go. Star Pizza in Houston makes a bad ass greek salad. I am ordering more fish and opting for sushi lunches rather than just country fried steak and pizza and fries. Plus, I look better sitting there NOT eating the burger and fries :biggrin: