Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Good evening!! Got home from my marathon day. Got to my dads before 7:00 am then went to work, then got my manicure. I am home and happy to be here!!

I had a weird phone call this morning, I ran home real quick and the phone rang and it was somebody asking for this friend of mine that died 17 years ago!! I kept asking who this was and he kept telling me it was a business call. I told him Joe died a long time ago. The phone number changed when I moved 12 years ago, that was 5 years after he died!! Sort of freaked me out, first I can't believe it has been that long, then out of the blue. His parents lived out of state at the time he died and sure they still do, but don't keep in touch with them. The guy thanked me and hung up, and then called me back, wanting to know who is power of attorney was/is, and for the life of me I don't remember or I didn't know. He didn't have really anything so that was not an issue. I told Charlie about it and he said maybe he was in someones will, but how did they have my number? Joe never lived with me, but I was his emergency contact at the time. Odd. Freaks me out!!

Okay enough rambling, have a nice night!!

I put down Dcon & the glue traps. So far, they always get caught on the glue traps, and it's always just a tail or leg and Russell has to deal with it (he drowns them in the toilet.. gag..gag). I have both traps down in the bathroom, surprisingly nothing caught yet..they're normally caught within a couple of hours.

Good Morning. Up and getting ready for my 2 hour morning shift. After that I have to go to Wal-Mart to do a lot of shopping. It's stock up time.

Laura, about 40 years ago when we were living in Calif. we had a mice infestation. My Dad put traps all over. Well one night he came home from work and dinner was not ready and on the table. He questioned my Mom about it. Well, he had put a trap in the oven and sure enough there was a mouse in it but he was only caught by his back leg and was still alive. Mom wasn't going anywhere near that stove till my Dad got rid of it.

Everyone have a great day and I miss all of you.

I put down Dcon & the glue traps. So far, they always get caught on the glue traps, and it's always just a tail or leg and Russell has to deal with it (he drowns them in the toilet.. gag..gag).

Thanks Laura-lol...everyone should shoot coffee out their nose at 7 AM LOL :thumbup:

Good morning-down another .5 this morning. Slow and steady wins the race. I am proud that I am actually losing since my unfill but I am not surprised really. Makes me enthusiastic about November when I get a fill.

Suzyt-hope you come through your surgery with flying colors! Be careful with eating green veggies post-op and if you do, make sure you are near a bathroom. :mad:

Suzanne-isnt fun shopping to restock? It is so expensive! We had to do that last week and almost broke the bank. :thumbup:

Pamela & Jane-I did not watch the veto last night, i have it recorded and I know who won it but I do not know who the replacement nominee was. I really wanted Jeff to win but...

Have a great day ladies!

My ex did not drown them in the toilet, but he once shot a mouse with a B gun, in the bathtub!

He was SOOOO particular about his hair, each morning, he would wet it down with the shower spray. He showered at night, then just wet his hair the next morning to blow dry. I was huge pregnant, told him I saw a mouse in the tub. He ignored me. Next morning, he bends over the tub, turns on the Water and that mouse shot out of the drain, towards his face, was so funny I almost peed in the bed! I was still laying there.....anyway he was all kinds of mad over the mouse (and likely me laughing) so he set out to kill it. He ended up shooting it with the BB gun, and gross as it is, where that thing bled in the tub, the stain would NOT go away, not with cleanser, peroxide, bleach, nothing, a faint stain was there the day we moved!

So a couple of days later, he had come home for lunch, my Mom come over, as did a friend, they all were checking on me because I was well overdue with my DD. When they all left, I went in to lay down, I lay down across the bed, and decided to heck with it, I was gonna take a nap, reached for a pillow, and laying there on the pillow DEAD was a mouse! I went to jump up and a massive contraction hit! I made it to the phone, and called, he could not get home. So I called my Mom who worked nearby. She come. We got a paper bag, wads of paper towels, and rubber dishwashing gloves.....and in she went. She had on the gloves, was going to pick it up with the paper towels, drop it in the bag, and put the bag in the trash dumpster outside. Well apparantly the mouse had got my dcon and seized up pretty good----she picked him up, went to put it in the bag, and its foot hung and he fell on the floor----9 months pregnant, and I was ON the bed in a flash.....right next to my Mom!

We had a good laugh that he was dead, we settled down, got him in the bag, and disposed of......still laugh about it to this day. I was SURE that was going to send me into labor.....waited another week!!

My MIL at the time was concerned I had touched myself somewhere when I saw the mouse and said my baby would have a birthmark there.....guess I kept my hands in the air, she had no birthmarks!!

Gotta go to work.......hope there are no mice there, and that you catch yours Laura!

morning everyone

just trying to function, last night was horrible, like i don't have enough crap right now, I couldn't take the stupid dog barking anymore, so i yelled out "can't you hear that take your dog in" at the same time my neighbor 2 doors down was doing the same thing, we decided to walk over and try to talk to them, well, she is such a wack job and hates my mother for no reason - she saw me, screamed my and my drunk mother (Hello you have a keg-a-rator in your garage!) and attacked me and cut my neck and i had red hand marks on my neck. Needless to say 2 1/2 hrs of police I pressed charges against her and they are going to arrest her tonight - ok they wont take her in, it is like a ticket and she will have to go to court and now I have to log everything and keep mailing in complaints with the town... they want it this way they got it.

So...at 6:58 this morning after a couple hrs of sleep once I stopped crying the dog was barking and woke me up, only for 2 minutes, but at this point 2 minutes is too long. did I mention my neighbor who was yelling too was 2 doors down?????and it woke her up?

so Kev is messing with my head yest and well there was Monday....so I pretty much want to give up and don't have an ounce of anything in me anymore.

Good luck with the mice Laura -

so Kev is messing with my head yest and well there was Monday....so I pretty much want to give up and don't have an ounce of anything in me anymore.

Jenn-I know these are just words but...you are doing SO well. Get your prescription refilled, go for a walk & keep on track. This too shall pass.... :thumbup:

I can't do it anymore -

I love you guys - I just can't do it

Jenn, YES you can do it. You are a strong person. Remember that no matter what, you are bigger, stronger and a better person than it. You are a survivor and you have proved that to us so many times. Take that walk, put your music on and free your mind.

Remember, we all believe in you and know you can do this.

Home from Wal-Mart. And I still have to go to the grocery store Friday morning. Crap.

I've put everything away, cleaned the kitchen, started laundry and am getting ready to mop the kitchen floor.

I fixed a bowl of oatmeal and ate almost half of it. I also had about a tablespoon of mixed nuts. At least I stayed away from the bakery. I'm on my 3rd big glass of Water too.

Janie, I wish I had time to come there and you could cut my hair. It's such a mop right now. But I don't have time to get there and back before I have to work at the hospital tonight.

Janie, yes the 19th. is still good for me. Hubby and I will be in the walk that morning. I know Tracy is not walking but I'm not sure if she is going to meet up with us yet. I'll try to get her to. I'll let you know.