Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Working on my 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes.

Got the kitchen floor mopped. Hubby just standing there looking at it wondering when he can walk on it. He needs a beer out of the fridge. lol

Ok, I need to run the sweeper and than get ready for the hospital. See ya all tonight.

Have a great evening.

Diet tip... I love crab legs, and found frozen boxed ones that are fantastic. They are low cal, but I can't eat em without butter.. so I googled some ideas to substitute.. tried one, worked great... Use the spray "I can't Believe It's not butter"... pour some into a bowl, add garlic salt and heat it up (0 cal!).

It's really strong, kind of like popcorn butter, so a little bit goes a long way.. and now, crab legs can be low-cal yum yum too!

Tracy... in case you haven't noticed, you've really alienated our thread.

I care for both you and Michelle, so this is how I see it... If you have a problem with her, you have every right and you can be 'honest' and 'true' and hell if you want to go off on her, it's your right. The problem here is, you did it publicly, as if to emberass her or call her out. What you have done in reality-- made it awkward for all of our V's, therefore tearing the group up to seek other outlets for communication because of the attack on this thread. NO ONE agrees with what you did.

You don't have to regret how you feel, but you really should (especially if you understood the damage you've done to not just Michelle; But me, Haydee, Terry, Jane, Judy, Suzie, Tracy W, Pam, etc. by hurting our bond here) regret how you went about it.

Frankly, I think you owe her an apology as well as all the violets, for how you went about it. I think it's going to be hard for us to mend what we have here until the air is cleared and you acknowledge you handled this extremely poorly.

I am not apologizing for anything to anyONE anymore. Because quite frankly I am not sorry. She had it coming and ALL of you know it, some of you just wont admit it.

Laura-I applaud you. You are the only one that had the GUTS to stay here and actually say something to me. I respect that more than you know. :blushing:

So, I am done here. The friendships I have made here I treasure and to those people... you will still be hearing from me.

I will leave it to you all to delete me off your Facebook if you do not want to talk to me anymore....

Thank you, Laura. That helps us move forward....

Tracy, it's very sad that you chose this...but at least you apparently have a clear conscience about it. That's something, I guess.

I am going to bed. Long day today and yesterday. I am going to veg out and watch tv and fall asleep.

Suzanne, the 19th is good for me. I did a little looking into hotels, and some are already booked, something going on that weekend? I will check into it more tomorrow night.

Having a pity party tonight, been crying on and off while sipping wine! In case you missed it on FB, my doc sent me a quote to FIX my band; $15k. The cost of the original surgery. So there goes that.

I have sent out a ton of e-mails tonight to get quotes, and quotes to convert to the sleeve (NO MORE FOLLOW UPS). The downside, Mexico sounds like the best option and I have confidence in a couple of them from other people's experience.. but just mentioning it to Russ tonight, I got that look. Everyone has seen the 20/20 and Dateline where people get butchered in Mexico.

Oh well, I'm not expecting anything anytime soon. Just going to get fatter and fatter and wallow.. wallow!

By the by, saw this... Makes me so sick, and so mad.

Authorities: Pit bull chewed off baby's toes :: WRAL.com

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. — Sheriff's deputies said they could charge a North Carolina couple with felony child abuse after a pit bull dog chewed the toes off a 4-month old baby's foot.

The Onslow County Sheriff's Office said Monday that the 12-week-old pit bull chewed off all the toes on the child's left foot while he was on a couch Sunday night.

Deputies say the child's mother, Robie Lynn Jenkins, and her boyfriend, Tremayne Spillman, were dog-sitting for a man arrested Saturday night for illegal possession of a gun.

Jenkins told police she was on medication and didn't hear the child crying during the night while she slept in the same room. She said she didn't discover the injury until she changed the child's diaper Monday morning.

Deputies said that hospital officials said the child may lose his foot.

Rick has an Aunt and Uncle in from TX, spent the evening over at his folks with them. Garrick had a crying spell, poor little guy! Finally he got all snuggled into my shoulder and passed out. So I got him all night long!!

Ate some chicken----paying for it. Fried chicken is not my friend.

Personally, as for our thread here, I love you all. This has been horrid. I feel like positions have been dug in, and no one is going to let it go----and while that is understandable, unless you find a way to let it go, it isn't going to heal. I find the stress here really difficult. I am going through some crap at work, with the office manager, and they sent word out at Ricks job that they are cutting local workforce by 63% in October. I have enough in my day to day life, that the one place I have come to rely on for stress relief, is adding to it rather than helping with it. Because no matter what is said, or not said, or acknowledged or not acknowledged---someone is not happy with it. I hope time can heal this.

One thing about it---I have lost my appetite....sucks big time.

Kat - I understand exactly how you feel.

Laura = I must have missed something BIG TIME. What in heck is wrong with your band??? That is so not fair that you've had so much trouble with yours. I wonder if there is someplace you can make a 'complaint' about the manufacturer? Sometimes that gets their attention pretty good! Even your state attorney general? I dunno.... grasping at straws here. I know that's what I was advised when we had problems with Mom's insurance payments. If they get a complaint filed with the state they have to fill out a 20 page report as to why it's being so slow, etc....and they'd rather just pay than have to go thru that hassle.

I'll be checking in later -- TTFN!

Good morning, Violets..

Waiting for Ethan to arrive for the day. It's 46, but going to be 75 today so we'll get some pool time. Choir party went great last night except for the charred brats and burgers. The Bobster, who is known for burning things really outdid himself this time. 6 brats and 3 burgers up in flames while he was talking away.

Kat and Terry.. I agree with you. But Kat, this was something that required a response. You cannot treat people like that without it's consequences. If any one of us had been attacked like that, I would hope that the rest would step up to the plate and say no, that just isn't right.

That's the last I'll say of it. I hope time can heal all the hurt that was dealt.