Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post op and failing :(

My doc gave me the go ahead with pretty much any food if "I felt ok" - he often advances people if they are tolerating mushies etc. ok. Well, I feel like I have no restriction (no fill yet) and I am going overboard! After being on a liquid pre-op diet and then post op liquids, I am so thrilled to be able to eat real food. My hunger has returned with avengence and I ate 2 pieces of pizza today :thumbup: I feel like such a glutton and wonder if this isn't going to work. Please tell me this gets better after a fill (my first one isn't until July 14th).

It will get better I remember when I was where you are at right now thinking am I ever going to get "restriction" well I did...your in the stages of "bandster hell" your going to gain I am sure we all did. I am not giong to tell you to "diet" because I am sure as you know it's hard to do hence reason for the band..but stay calm and be strong and soon enough you wil reach your "sweet spot" it just might take a few months it took me 6 months to reach mine go figure...good luck!

My doc gave me the go ahead with pretty much any food if "I felt ok" - he often advances people if they are tolerating mushies etc. ok. Well, I feel like I have no restriction (no fill yet) and I am going overboard! After being on a liquid pre-op diet and then post op liquids, I am so thrilled to be able to eat real food. My hunger has returned with avengence and I ate 2 pieces of pizza today :grouphug: I feel like such a glutton and wonder if this isn't going to work. Please tell me this gets better after a fill (my first one isn't until July 14th).

It gets better, but I wouldnt place all my hope on your first fill. It took me three to feel a difference. You have to change the way you are thinking! You are failing bc you ate 2 pieces of pizza. We all have those times where we eat too much or make the wrong choices.

however, you have to keep reminding yourself what you want from the band, why you went through the surgery, paid money for it, etc. When you binge or make poor choices over and over...you aren't doing yourself any favors. You want this band to work. You have imagined and dreamt of all the good that can come from it. GET IT GIRL! During bandster hell is sucks ass...this willpower business! But dont give up and don't move backwards!

I'm 12 days post-op and just got the OK today to move on to the mushies. I too felt like I was given a green light to indulge myself. Bad I know, but I'm not worried. I know I have to rein it in over the next few weeks until my first fill. But it was nice to chew again and satisfy a craving. If it helps, try staying on your diet 3-4 days straight and then enjoy a craving one night. As long as you balance it out until you get to your optimum fill point, you're not going to hurt anything. Just don't over do it. You don't want to stretch your pouch. Relax and enjoy the journey!

All the fill can do is adjust how quickly you can load up on solids. It doesn't force you to choose solids, nor does it force you to choose appropriate solids.

Do you have anyone there to hold you accountable? Perhaps you should empty your house of inappropriate food, restock it with the good stuff, and only eat from your own pantry for a while? Something to remove the temptation for pizza, ice cream, and the like.

If the kids don't like it... tough. :grouphug:

(Insert scenes from "Gremlins")

Hang in there. You are not failing. You are exactly where they say you are, in Bandster Hell. You may not get restriction for a fill or two or even three but you WILL get restriction sooner or later and when you do, you can kiss most unhealthy foods goodbye. My band, Gizmo, hates pizza and chicken and hamburger and hot dogs and bread and french fries and cake and Cookies. If I shove it down to him, he throws a massive fit and sends it back up. NOW, that being said, he does like chocolate and ice cream and milkshakes and anything creamy so I have to be careful not to overfeed him or he will get spoiled and send it all to storage. He can be a pack rat at times. Ultimately, it comes down to me. I have to be the deciding force for us. Name him, name him now, and then make him your best friend. Treat him well and he will begin to return the favor. =o)

Ok, I finally had a decent meal tonight. Had Cajun Lime Tilapia, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli, a shrimp, and a couple of chips with artichoke dip. Oh yea, and some Mango Lemonade. Went to Applebee's. First meal I have kept all down in months. I FINALLY am learning how to take small bites, eat slow, and chew chew chew. I only ate abit of each and have tons in a take- home box but I hit the all elusive soft stop tonight and was pretty dern proud about it.

See, I am still learning too. Its a work in progress. =o)

My doc gave me the go ahead with pretty much any food if "I felt ok" - he often advances people if they are tolerating mushies etc. ok. Well, I feel like I have no restriction (no fill yet) and I am going overboard! After being on a liquid pre-op diet and then post op liquids, I am so thrilled to be able to eat real food. My hunger has returned with avengence and I ate 2 pieces of pizza today :grouphug: I feel like such a glutton and wonder if this isn't going to work. Please tell me this gets better after a fill (my first one isn't until July 14th).

Patience, it takes a while to feel the appropriate fill level. Your experience is shared by everyone. I thought mine didn't work at all until four months after the operation