Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July Bandsters out there?

July 30th here!!! Good luck everyone.

July 8th here! ..heading to Mexico with Dr. Ortiz!! (self pay) I am not fat enough (the irony) for my insurance to cover me... I am at 31.4 BMI (I am only 5'1 and was horrified to see that I am technically 'obese')..esp when i was a SIZE 4 on my wedding day...

I am VERY excited, but still have SOOO many questions running through my head...esp after reading different threads on this site and others...

Some say they are so many weeks, even months post op and havent seen much success...that's tad scary to me!

I have done EVERYTHING to lose the weight that i regained and nothing ...thats when i decided to research Lapband...

I know it'll be HUGE adjustment..however the way I see it, if I am putting the $ into it...i better see some major results!! My husband has been SOOOO supportive. (he met me at 175lbs and I married him at 133lbs...regained back and now am at 166lbs and its killing me!) he doesnt care...he just wants me to be happy and I am far from happy. i cry alone, throw tantrums in my closet, dont feel like going out b/c "i have nothing to wear.."....well...you all know the feeling I am sure.

So after TONS of research and deciding...i AM gonna do this! It was a weight lifted off my shoulders to see ow supportive Erick (hubby) was. "i just want you to be happy", he says... and i know that getting to your goal weight will do that.."

but the LAST thing i want is for him to regret putting us further in debt b/c it didnt work.. PLEASE SOMEONE REASSURE ME THAT THIS IS GONNA WORK!! I know that you HAVE to follow the diet, and i am assuming that the people complaining are the ones eating icecream all day long and wondering why the scale isnt budging! LOL

I am not doing this for nothing! I know there will be sacrafice and there are foods that i will just have to give up (or they are gonna come back up! lol)

I have approx 50-55 pounds to lose? realistically, does anyone know fast or slow this process is? I mean, it HAS to be faster the dieting alone, right? and these refills.... why do i see people getting filled so often? Is it the more weight you drop, the more you have to fill?

July 8th cant come fast enough!! I am ready fro my lief to change FOREVER!!!

Sorry for the novel.... :biggrin:

Agnes

I'm getting mine done on July 2nd by Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey.

i am getting my band on july 8 and also paying for my mine my ins does not cover i would have to gain more. i read ur post and it reminded me so much of myself i sure hope it works. i have gained so much weight in the last year i hate going out and trying on cloths. I feel you!!!

July 8th here! ..heading to Mexico with Dr. Ortiz!! (self pay) I am not fat enough (the irony) for my insurance to cover me... I am at 31.4 BMI (I am only 5'1 and was horrified to see that I am technically 'obese')..esp when i was a SIZE 4 on my wedding day...

I am VERY excited, but still have SOOO many questions running through my head...esp after reading different threads on this site and others...

Some say they are so many weeks, even months post op and havent seen much success...that's tad scary to me!

I have done EVERYTHING to lose the weight that i regained and nothing ...thats when i decided to research Lapband...

I know it'll be HUGE adjustment..however the way I see it, if I am putting the $ into it...i better see some major results!! My husband has been SOOOO supportive. (he met me at 175lbs and I married him at 133lbs...regained back and now am at 166lbs and its killing me!) he doesnt care...he just wants me to be happy and I am far from happy. i cry alone, throw tantrums in my closet, dont feel like going out b/c "i have nothing to wear.."....well...you all know the feeling I am sure.

So after TONS of research and deciding...i AM gonna do this! It was a weight lifted off my shoulders to see ow supportive Erick (hubby) was. "i just want you to be happy", he says... and i know that getting to your goal weight will do that.."

but the LAST thing i want is for him to regret putting us further in debt b/c it didnt work.. PLEASE SOMEONE REASSURE ME THAT THIS IS GONNA WORK!! I know that you HAVE to follow the diet, and i am assuming that the people complaining are the ones eating icecream all day long and wondering why the scale isnt budging! LOL

I am not doing this for nothing! I know there will be sacrafice and there are foods that i will just have to give up (or they are gonna come back up! lol)

I have approx 50-55 pounds to lose? realistically, does anyone know fast or slow this process is? I mean, it HAS to be faster the dieting alone, right? and these refills.... why do i see people getting filled so often? Is it the more weight you drop, the more you have to fill?

July 8th cant come fast enough!! I am ready fro my lief to change FOREVER!!!

Sorry for the novel.... :confused:

Agnes

I totally understand you. I am scheduled for the same day 7/8 and I am very excited, anxious and nervous. I weighed 196 and gained four pounds to be approved for surgery and was denied.. After a long hard battle, I was approved and now I am on my way..... We are surgery twins so we have to keep intouch with our progress...:blushing:

Congrats to everyone who is now a July 09 Freedom Fighter. I can't wait to begin my new life!!!! Jennifer

I just found out today that I will be banded July 6. Very excited and a little scared. I have never had surgery before. My appointment with the nutritionist is tomorrow and then the pre-op diet starts. Everything is happening so fast now after the insurance approval. Also, my insurance approved a one day inpatient so that should make it a little easier. Good luck to everyone.

I guess I'll be one of the first in line :thumbup:. I just learned today that my day will be July 1st.

I've researched and attended seminars years for the last 4 years, but only this year in January did I actually qualify for my insurance (35 BMI/2 comorbidities). My surgeons office did all the legwork and submitted to the insurance and I was approved in late April. My pre-op testing was mid May and I was scheduled for surgery 6/16, but a leg injury sidelined me (need to be able to walk post-op). Up until this afternoon I thought I was going in on June 30, but apparently a LOT of people get banded the last day in December and June (according to the surgeon's office), so I got bumped to the next day!

I've been on a pre-op diet more or less since approval and have dropped 21 lbs (only 5-10 were required since I was a low BMI). I'm currently on the 10 day pre-op of 3 shakes and a lean cuisine. I feel VERY well prepared for this journey and look forward to sharing with you all on the other side :thumbup:

I am having lap band on the 8th yeah july!!!! I start pre-op diet in the morn! and do my pre-op test fri the 26. I am so excited! I am a self pay and was wondering if anyone else is using carecredit?

July 2nd in Tijuana with Dr. Ortiz. Already doing the pre-op diet and I'm hungry, but the weight is going down. Yipee.:thumbup:

Yay July! July 15th will be my lap band birthday. I have done everything except my final pre-op appt and I start my yummy liquid diet next Tuesday. Good luck to everyone!!!

I am July 13th...just found out today after my insurance (Tricare) approved it!!!!!!!!!!! liquid diet starts July 3rd, preop tests June 29th :=)

Edited by katwmn63

hi i am a july bandster also actually july 29th, im not nervous at all im just anxious, i even asked the doctors office if they had any sooner dates!!! good luck and best wishes to all july bandsters!!!