Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Seth Kipnis - Excellent Lapband Surgeon

Dr. Kipnis, I am honored to make the first entry to your forum. For those seeking Lapband surgery in Burlington or Camden counties I would like to suggest that Dr. Kipnis is an excellent surgeon. He requires participation in the New Beginning Program that actually prepares you for the surgery and life afterwards. In the beginning I did not want to participate in the program because of the cost, but mostly because of the 2 hour drive round trip each time I went for an appointment or for the weekly classes. The drive was a major stressor for me during the process.

I'd like to recommend and thank Chris from New Beginnings, as well as Nancy and Deborah from Dr. Kipnis' staff. These individuals went out of their way to help me every step of the way. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

My surgery was performed on 14 April 09, at the Marlton hospital. Overall, the whole process from beginning to end went well excluding the effects of the anesthesia (Dilaudin). Unfortunately, due to circumstance beyond my control, I received a short notice transfer to Japan within days of the surgery so was unable to follow-up with Dr. Kipnis. However, I am currently waiting for a referral from the Tricare Referral Office at the base hospital to a well known Japanese bariatric surgeon in Tokyo.

I have continued to loose 1-2 pounds each week and have healed wonderfully. I was well prepared for the surgery and life after due to the New Beginnings program and the skills of Dr. Seth Kipnis.

Dr. Kipnis, thank you so much and I will be sure to send you a photo of me as I reach the summit of Mount Fuji!

Leona S. Rader

Hi Lisw55.

First congratulations to you on your surgery. How very exciting for you!!

I'm in Burlington County and considering Dr Adam Goldstein or Dr Kipnis.

Obviously I want to be as prepared as possible with out of pocket expense, and I'm sure my keystone won't cover New Beginnings, so if you don't mind, could you share with me the cost? Do they take a payment plan?

Thanks for any details you can provide.

Lots of luck losing :-)!

Hi JuliansMom,

The New Beginnings program cost around $1700 when I signed up for it. It was definitely worth every cent. I justified spending this much because I have always taken care of everyone else. Well, I decided that I was worth it, so this one was for me. The program prepared me for the surgery. When I got word that I would need to transfer back to Japan, I felt absolutely confident that I would survive and be a success. Had I not participated in this program I would have been very unsure of myself. Hope this helps. Why not give them a call and go over to discuss how the program works before you make a decision. Take care.

Hi JuliansMom,

The New Beginnings program cost around $1700 when I signed up for it. It was definitely worth every cent. I justified spending this much because I have always taken care of everyone else. Well, I decided that I was worth it, so this one was for me. The program prepared me for the surgery. When I got word that I would need to transfer back to Japan, I felt absolutely confident that I would survive and be a success. Had I not participated in this program I would have been very unsure of myself. Hope this helps. Why not give them a call and go over to discuss how the program works before you make a decision. Take care.

Dr. Kipnis is also associated with Our Lady of Lourdes. They only require a psy. eval and a nutritionist... Total cost $145!

I also am a patient of Dr. Kipnis' and went the Lady of Lourdes route. Everyone at the hospital was absolutely wonderful. I decided not to participate in the New Beginnings just due to timing. I still think it is an excellent program. I am two weeks post-op and feeling very well. I see Dr. Kipnis for my first followup this week.

dr. Kipnis is also associated with our lady of lourdes. They only require a psy. Eval and a nutritionist... Total cost $145!

dear nm1970 can you please tell me how to approach the meetings and nutritionist evaluation, i was banded overseas, and want to find a good nutritionist specialized in lap banders in order to continue with the follow up and be able to loose steady weight.

Can you please provide the contact (telephone number) for me to contact the lady of lourdes in order i can find out what to do?

Thanks in advance for your information.

I am in the New Beginnings program and they have just announced that Dr Kipnis is actually relocating to North Jersey and they are referring his patients to other doctors. Dr Goldstein not only does New Beginnings (which is about 1400 out of pocket), but now works with another center that is a bit cheaper I think, but it's all relative I think.

Hope this helps!

i am in the new beginnings program and they have just announced that dr kipnis is actually relocating to north jersey and they are referring his patients to other doctors. Dr goldstein not only does new beginnings (which is about 1400 out of pocket), but now works with another center that is a bit cheaper i think, but it's all relative i think.

Hope this helps!

dear juliansmom2003, thank you for the information, can you please provide a telephone or email address where i can contact the center you mentioned is cheaper?

I will really appreciate having that information.

Thanks

I visited Dr. Kipnis last June and wasn't too impressed with him or the New Beginnings Program. In addition, I received a call the very next morning from their office wanting to know when I was going to enroll in the NB program. I was totally frustrated by the cost and needed some time to think about the financial commitment. I went across the river to UPenn - Dr. Schuricht & Dr. Barr. They have years more of experience in this and other WL surgeries. The program there is not only free but they offer so much more support. It's a little more time getting there but, I am so happy with my choice. U of P hospital is rated one of the top ten in the country and the care and follow up is fabulous. This might be another option for any other Jersey folk who are thinking about this or any other WL surgery. Good Luck!!

dear juliansmom2003, thank you for the information, can you please provide a telephone or email address where i can contact the center you mentioned is cheaper?

I will really appreciate having that information.

Thanks

Hi Belkita,

I can't find the literature they gave me for that back in July. I do know that the doc heading up that group is Dr. Deibler. Dr. Goldstein has just started working with her as well, so that is an alternative to the New Beginnings program. I believe she is out of Lourdes. Sorry I don't have more info on her, as I just went with New Beginnings to move things along faster.

MyVinnie,

Where were you in July when I was agonizing over spending $1,450 for this program? LOL

So glad you found a better alternative that didn't cost you bucks! U of P is awesome--I work close to there and I've had friends that continually sing their praises!

Good Luck Julian's Mom! I'm sure you will do great and have great care at Virtua. For me, I just saw that as a barrier and in fact, wrote Dr. Kipnis to tell him. When you're trying so hard to help yourself and you see that cost, it's one more thing to add to the list of "chores" you have to do to prepare for this surgery. Yes, I have had bridge fare & parking fees but, it doesn't compare with the initial cost of NB. I wish you lots of luck with your surgery. It is a step to improve your life. I've been moderately successful. So far with 2 fills I'm down only 18 lbs. I thought it would be more but apparently my fills have been itty bitty so I'm trying to be patient. My goal for Sept. is 7 - 10 lbs. I'm hoping to meet that by the end of the month when I go back for my 3rd. fill.