Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So what is your signal that you're full? Runny noses? Hiccups? I've found I'm getting suddenly sleepy... could that be my signal?? Still trying to find it, and wondering what others have experienced as their signals.

I have to measure everything... I still don't know when I'm full until I'm OVER full and then I get a sharp pain in my left shoulder.

Im interested to hear what others say.

Although my full signal is there most of the time, I do sometimes go over by an once or so when I'm very, very hungry. Generally, my full signal feels like my throat tightening or if I eat one more bite, I might throw up. There is just no room left in the upper pouch for more food. That's the best way I can describe it.

My full signal is an unpleasant sensation of pressure in my upper chest. Alot of times i will also start to get a runny nose. This is my signal not to take another bite. The thing is until one reaches some stage of restriction (at least for me this was the case) a stop eating signal may never happen. In wich case measure your food and stop eating when you have consumed your portion.

As I am just shy of 4 weeks post op, my signal is definately that sharp pain in my left shoulder! My friend who is a nurse calls it a radient or referring pain -- that the pain is not actually in the shoulder, but is a trigger point for discomfort in your stomach/abdomen area. That makes sense, as the fullness in my pouch presses on something -- sending the pain to my shoulder.

I am sticking to my 3 meals of Protein a day -- not too hungry between meals but by mealtime I am starving.

Here is the scoop on your problem, First it doesn't matter if you change your ip address 100 times. Your wireless adapter has a unique MAC ADDRESS that cannot be changed. It is hard coded by the manufacturer when it is first created. So, If the end-user from who you were borrowing the internet signal from discovered that someone was using their internet service, they can block your MAC ADDRESS from accessing the internet through your router. And there is nothing you can do to bypass that, except find another access point to use.

=====================================

Top Acne Medication & Remedies

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeons

Here is the scoop on your problem, First it doesn't matter if you change your ip address 100 times. Your wireless adapter has a unique MAC ADDRESS that cannot be changed. It is hard coded by the manufacturer when it is first created. So, If the end-user from who you were borrowing the internet signal from discovered that someone was using their internet service, they can block your MAC ADDRESS from accessing the internet through your router. And there is nothing you can do to bypass that, except find another access point to use.

=====================================

Top Acne Medication & Remedies

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeons

All righty then!!??

So what is your signal that you're full? Runny noses? Hiccups? I've found I'm getting suddenly sleepy... could that be my signal?? Still trying to find it, and wondering what others have experienced as their signals.

you shouldn't be sleepy just after eating unless you are very tired before every meal. It's a sign of diabetes (among other things). Are you getting too many carbs? ARE you getting enough sleep? Don't mean to be alarmist but unless you are running on no sleep (or only 5 hours or so) a night this shouldn't happen to you EVERY TIME. If it is, call your primary and get checked out. Something's up.

you shouldn't be sleepy just after eating unless you are very tired before every meal. It's a sign of diabetes (among other things). Are you getting too many carbs? ARE you getting enough sleep? Don't mean to be alarmist but unless you are running on no sleep (or only 5 hours or so) a night this shouldn't happen to you EVERY TIME. If it is, call your primary and get checked out. Something's up.

As I am going to school for nursing I am not quite yet medically trained but, Sleepiness it just not a sign of diabetes that actually is not even one of the major signs of diabetes. It can be Vitamin levels such as Vitamin D?, Iron, It could be that it is just a natural instinct since we were born we eat and the sleep so sometimes that happens to adults as well just cause. That could be related to blood sugar but it would be more cause of what we have eaten to cause a drop in blood sugars there is just some many variables that it is not right to assume diabetes? It is best to ask you doctor why you are getting sleepy have them run some labs and check everything. Not trying to start anything restless just being real honest I have a pet peeve when people assume the worst without going through all the options. Most of us on here are not medically licensed or trained it is just our opinions so check with you doctor.

Also I am fresh in this game with the Band but if you try and eat slowly and pay attention to your stomach you should start to feel full. I do get hiccups to but not sure what that is related to. It takes your brain 20mins to recognize that you are full and you have to allow your upper stomach fibers to sync with that so just try to make sure you are giving your self enough time to eat. Good luck

This is going to sound strange but sometimes I get a sort of pain around my left ear area when Im getting full, I know its some sort of nerve thing but it does happen, sometimes get the left shoulder pain

This is going to sound strange but sometimes I get a sort of pain around my left ear area when Im getting full, I know its some sort of nerve thing but it does happen, sometimes get the left shoulder pain

The left ear area pain, is it a jaw pain? I've heard of that and I think it's normal.

I don't have diabetes. Fortunately, my morbid obesity has spared me this. Blood pressure is good. I've been taking a multi-Vitamin, so although I could be deficient in some nutrients, I doubt it's anything unusual.

I just kinda thought it was normal because... you know after a big meal, like Thanksgiving or Sunday dinner, everyone always wants to take a nap. Only I don't need a big meal anymore. I didn't think it was cause for alarm. I'll ask my doc.

I am a nurse...get checked regardless. It IS a sign of diabetes but can be a sign of other issues as well, especially if it happens after every meal. Tell your doc!

I burp. Once I burp, I know I am done. If I eat too much more after my first burp I get a sharp pain in my left side.

I am not banded yet but I wanted to comment on the feeling sleepy after eating. I am going through nutrition classes now and the nutritionalist said if you get sleepy after a meal it is because you are full and the blood is rushing to your stomach to start the digestion process. which causes you to be light headed. So technically you are not really sleepy. I don't know about the diabeties stuff so I won't comment on that. I just wanted to share what the nutritionalist said. Jennifer