Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

depressed and inspired watching the Biggest Loser Finale

depressed-

watching how these people did it "the natural way" as I sit here trying to hydrate my body with sugar free popsicles because I can't keep anything down!

inspired-

to go work out more and eat healthier

wondering-

if I got completely unfilled- would I be able to do this? Will hunger defeat me? Would I make the right choices?

I am so jealous of them!!!!!

Dont be jealous of the biggest Looser people, they work out more then they sleep! Talk about inscane. This is a lifetime commitment. They have a high failure rate. Listen to their complaints about being at home, the temptations etc..

YOU are doing great!

if you had a trainer on you A$$ for 8 hours a day and healthy food at your fingertips for 3 months straight...YES you could do it too. Do you honestly think that these contestants maintain this weight loss when they get home? You don't see much of them later, so I bet they are just like the rest of the 90% of the world that gains weight back after losing it.

Why get an unfil? This is a tool to help you and it will!

Don't be depressed, be encouraged!

Be inspired because they look fantastic, but be aware that working out with a trainer was a full time job for them for 17 weeks. In the real world we are lucky to get one hour a day in. If we do our one hour a day, we will see results. That being said, I LOVE watching the biggest loser. I am a big loser too, it is just taking longer.:thumbup:

Now, back to you, are you too tight? If so, do not hesitate to get an unfill and start back over when the swelling goes down. My friend had to and it doesn't take long to get back on track getting filled again. If you stay too tight, you will remain miserable, cause more swelling and possibly do damage.

I am watching it too! I was just banded a week ago. I got to start mushies today so I think I over did it on the mashed potatoes and am feeling horrible. I was just so excited to have something besides liquids. These guys look great. I couldn't do it with out the band and I am praying that I can with! Keep your head up and keep up the good work!

i was getting a little depressed to...im not yet banded...im still waiting on insurance approval...but i still want the band....just think about it like this...like someone said earlier the band will be with us longer than just 6 mnths and its our own little personal trainer.....after the show they will be in the same boat as us....which is SELF DISCIPLINE and WILL power.

oh yeah...how do their bills get paid if they're on the show...?? or is the show throwing them like 5-6g's a month just for being on the show.....?? cuz if i had to miss out of work with no pay or my bills not gettin paid i wouldnt go on there anyway!!!

Edited by ahb08

I am siting here watching it also, i have watched it every week and even watch the old shows every day at 5pm. I us it as a motatvation....Every wednsday i has a last workout day, I work my but off, if they have a challange walking up a hill i try to find a hill to walk up also. they are not real, they have bob and Jill all we have is ourselves. Use the show to get you to move a little more but know that we wont have that same kind of weight lose they have evry week. its entertainment.....we are in the real world...and we are not doing it the easy way..we are working our butts off also...Good luck with your weight lose..and remember to enjoy every day for what it is. If you move it, the scale will move....

All I can say and I know this to be true- the band will KEEP the weight off! I have lost 100lbs 2x before on my own mainly through exercise only to gain it back + but this time I know I will not gain it back.The band is designed to keep us from gaining it back and that is something that the biggest losers do not have.

I lost 120 lbs and due to bad knees, could barely exercise. Be thankful for your band and take care of it. It is trial and error to know how much fill you can handle. You will get there, but you need to believe and have faith. You have an amazing tool to help you!

Well, I've now had the same sort of weight loss results that many of them have on biggest loser. I certainly do the same sorts of workouts, but not for seven hours a day!

the thing is, it took me TWO YEARS to lose that much weight. That's what happens in the real world. And it will for you too, only when you lose it like that, you have much more chance of keeping it off!

I love this show too, and am inspired rather than depressed - if we got to see all the former contestants I agree that we have the tool to succeed without (like Cathy said) trading one addiction for another! I want balance, and so far my band helps give me balance.

I am watching it too! I was just banded a week ago. I got to start mushies today so I think I over did it on the mashed potatoes and am feeling horrible. I was just so excited to have something besides liquids. These guys look great. I couldn't do it with out the band and I am praying that I can with! Keep your head up and keep up the good work!

OMG.... you are so lucky. I was also band on May 5th and I can not have soft foods until May 26th. I can only drink Protein Drinks and Water until then. Man, did I say your were lucky!

If you had a trainer 24/7, nothing but healthy foods around and $$$ to motivate you!! You'll do it naturally too. We all live in the real world. I wish I could have but I needed some help and thats ok. Sound like you're doing great. Keep up the good work.

I have watched every episode of this season and let me tell you it is amazing but the fact is they are working out like crazy and no one can do that in the real world in fact one of the seasons winner a couple of years ago from long island new york eric lost so much weight and he gained more than half of it back. I feel that the band will keep the weight off for good , well atleast I hope So I am not banded yet .

depressed-

watching how these people did it "the natural way" as I sit here trying to hydrate my body with sugar free popsicles because I can't keep anything down!

inspired-

to go work out more and eat healthier

wondering-

if I got completely unfilled- would I be able to do this? Will hunger defeat me? Would I make the right choices?

I am so jealous of them!!!!!

They aren't doing anything the "natural way." Nobody can maintain what they do at the ranch once they get back into real life.

It astonishes me that with the huge amounts of weight they all seem to lose - through the insane workout/low calorie regime - that more of them don't need hospitalising! Let's not forget that these are not "normal healthy fit" people stepping up their physical activity. They are very overweight, unfit, often with co-morbidities and go from zero to flat out in one jump.