Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky Losers Friday Weigh-in 5/8/09

Hey everyone,

I'm having issues with Breakfast and lunch eating. I always get stuck but once the evening rolls around I can eat anything. It's ridiculous because I have too much restriction and then not enough. What am I supposed to do???

Well Im going on my 3rd day of not being able to keep anything down!! I feel like Im going to throw up at any minute. I don't really throw up I just PB, I guess that is what you would call it. I think my last fill was too much, I have tried everything and I can't keep anything down....Im getting worried, I can't see anyone at the fill center until Thursday so I guess I will have to suffer for two more days.....UGH. It feels like I have something stuck half way down my throat and my mouth just keeps watering until it comes back up. I took my meds earlier and I think they are stuck, I have tried to get them to come back up and I can't...it tastes horrible like the meds would if you opened the capsule and ate them that way.

Anyone else have this problem so far?? HELP!!

Bernadette:confused:

bernadette,

does your doc make you do the "Water test" right after you get your band? on my first fill, i could not finish 4 oz of Water without pain, so he withdrew some saline. on my 2nd fill, he was much less aggressive with the fill.

Bernadette - if you can't keep anything down, even Water, then you need an unfill right away. If it really is as bad as it sounds, you need to call the office and demand to be seen or go to the ER. Someone I know on this site that went to the same surgeon as me had to have an emergency unfill because her medication got stuck too!

Let me know how your doing.

Hi again

I was up half of the night and trying to get my meds to go down, finally around 1 AM I was able to get unstuck. I will have a tough day today with almost no sleep...ugh.

I go to a fill center and they have you drink just a dixie cup of Water and that has always gone done just fine. I sure hope today goes a little better because I can't do anything until tomarrow, they only work Thursday and Saturday. I will keep all of you posted.

Bernadette

I finally got my first fill today. 4 cc in a realize band. My doctor did not give me any Water to test it, but I am at the office now and tested it myself so far so good. I was orginally scheduled for 5/12 and my doctor never showed up, so I am happy I got the fill now. What is so strange is that before I even got a fill I was PB all the time, then about a week ago it stopped. I hope with this fill I do not start that again.

Bernadette,

I had the same issue with my last fill but I rode it out and it eventually settled down. When you eat are making sure you're taking very small bites and chewing the heck out of it? Are you sipping your liquids slowly. I know it may seem obvious but I caught myself a few times and realized that I just needed to slow down.

Hi again

I was up half of the night and trying to get my meds to go down, finally around 1 AM I was able to get unstuck. I will have a tough day today with almost no sleep...ugh.

I go to a fill center and they have you drink just a dixie cup of Water and that has always gone done just fine. I sure hope today goes a little better because I can't do anything until tomarrow, they only work Thursday and Saturday. I will keep all of you posted.

Bernadette

Bernedette; I had a similar problem with my second fill. It took about 4 days before I was able to eat a decent meal without it feeling like it was sitting on my chest. I still have to really take my time eating a meal. It sounds like you are far worse. Please keep us informed

Jill

:confused:I was thinking I was losing too slow but it looks as though I'm about average with everyone here. I was banded on March 4 and have lost around 28 pounds so far . Its been the same for a few weeks but at least it is going in the right direction. Lately though I've been having some discomfort around my port site. It started a few weeks ago after I took a spin class I felt as though I pulled something maybe working my abs a little too hard. I called the nurse practictioner and I have been taking it easier as they recommended but not it feels like the port is loose in that area. Like when I bend over or sit too straight it feels very uncomfortable. Anyone feel like this?:crying:

Well it's Friday.....

So I've decided to only step on the scales on Fridays (only 1 day a week for the possibility of disappointment verses every morning).

220 this morning.....down a wooping 4.5 lbs since my 1st fill on May 1, man this is sure going slower then I wanted it to!!! If I only lose 4 lbs a month I'm gonna be fat forever!!! UGH!!!

Hi Everyone

Sorry I have not posted in a couple days, been very busy. I did not get an unfill because I have started to be able to keep food down. I still have problems but part of it is that I eat too fast and too large of bites. Wednesday I went to lunch with a couple of my friends and was able to eat 1/4 of my sandwich, I finished the other 1/4 after lunch and kept it all down. I ate dinner with the family I had some mashed potatos and a little turkey and it stayed down too. So I decided to cancel the unfill and try to work with my band. I have started to think that maybe this is my sweet spot??? I can only eat a small abount of food and keep it down, so I have to remember when I feel that first pressure in my chest that it is time to quit.

On a good note!!! Iam down to 190....YEAH my ultimate gaol is to reach 145..maybe?? I have not seen that weight in so many years that Iam thinking that it might be too little. Iam 5'8" and I have small bones so that is the only reason I think 145 might be okay. Time will tell.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, we have more sun so Iam going to try and get some of it!

Bernadette:thumbup:

Hi All,

I thought we were going to start a new tread every Friday for Weigh ins. This maybe why we don't keep as much participation. If we want to post to the same tread every week, then maybe we should rename without the date.

Anyways.......I'm back from traveling and am up 1lb :). On a good note, I got another fill today, so.......hopefully this will get me to some restriction.

Banded on 3-5.

I have had 2 fills, the 1st was 4 cc, two days ago I got another 2 cc, total of 6 cc on a 10 cc band. My weight is down 41 lbs and I will probably need 1 more fill to find the sweet spot. The only food I have had a problem with getting stuck is romain lettuce. After the first fill if I wanted to get good results I had to modify my eating from 1 shake in the morning and 2 meals to 2 shakes and 1 meal, this seems to work good. Hopeing this 2nd fill will help with me being able to eat 2 meals and still lose weight.:)

I think it would be easier to just use the same thread each week... but whatever everyone wants is good with me.

Lapdog, I think that is a good idea about using the Protein shakes for a meal, maybe that would help me too because I can't eat alot. You have lost 41lbs WOW Im down 30 and I was happy with that. I was banded on March 16th.

Have a grweat weekend.

Bernadette