Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky Losers Friday Weigh-in 5/8/09

I had my first fill one week ago. I've lost 3lbs. which I'm happy with. I'm impressed with everyone's success so far - really amazing job everyone! I've not been that successful yet, but I've not been exercising like I should be. I'm ready to do that now so hope it picks up for me. I definitely have restriction - I worried maybe too much - b/c I really struggle with things getting stuck regularly - but its teaching me what I'm supposed to do! I'm learning!

Hey Life starts now, I am having the same issue and I have not even had a fill yet. I suppose to get my first fill on tuesday may 12 but I am a little worried, because I am barley eat anything now. I am always gagging.

That's not good you are gagging, are you chewing your food really good? Don't forget to tell you doctor there maybe something he can do for you. Keep us updated after you have your fill.

delaerej, FL

That's not good you are gagging, are you chewing your food really good? Don't forget to tell you doctor there maybe something he can do for you. Keep us updated after you have your fill.

delaerej, FL

I will keep everyone updated after the fill. I chew my food up really good is just after I eat it fills like it just sits there. Then I feel like I have to throw up but when I go to the bathroom to throw up, foods never comes up I just be gagging and a lot of saliva comes up.

Throughing up is not good you could cause it to slip, which will cause more problems. My doctor said if I through up that it. He probably ment tha he wont fill it anymore so I am trying to make sure I don't cause any major blackages which is really difficult if you don't pay attention to how you are eating. So it kind of sounds like there might be a problem.

Hi Silly Goose

Why do you have to wait until the 20th for your fill? Im so glad that I have an aggressive fill center. I want to get to where I can't eat alot and the fill is the only way of doing it.

Thanks so much for mentioning my Brother in law who passed, this has been a very tough time for us. My sister has never worked outside of the home and she is VERY overweight. She has alot of health problems relating to her weight and she now has to deal with the fact that she has to handle everything in the home. I wish there was more I could do for her, I have 5 sisters and I love all of them soo much, it hurts to see any of them have problems.

Happy Mothers day to all of our mothers!!!

Bernadette

Bernadette,

My surgeon will only do fills once a month. So, this is going to be a very slow process for me - but it's ok as long as I'm losing and not gaining!

Your poor sister - what a struggle she must be going through! I'm glad to hear that she has you and other sisters to turn too. My prayers go out for her.

Take care

Silly Goose

I'm sorry that your surgeon only does fills once a month, But like you said as long as you are still loosing you are doing fine. You have done quite well with your weight loss, I wish I had lost that much.

My sister is doing a little better, she found out that they had more life insurance that she had originally thought. That will make it so much easier for her. She will have to sell their house as soon as possible and then move. We are trying to talk her into moving back home where most of the family is. It has been so tragic, our dad is almost 91 and is still very healthy and lives on his own, and then we loose a brother who is only 54, sometimes life just does not make sence.

Happy Mothers day to all of the Mommies!!! I'm of to the winery with my son for wine tasting and brunch!!

Bernadette

i didn't weigh in on friday, but did on sunday. i'm down exactly 30 since i started the Optifast (2 weeks prior to surgery). couldn't be happier ! i love the band so far !

Hey everyone I am so disappointed. I had waited for 6 weeks to get my fill. I went the the office at my appt time 7 this morning and waited until 8:50, then they came in and said oh he had a meeting this morning, can you wait about 2 more hours. I already had some other issues going on so I let them have it. If I would have shown up even 15 or 20 mins late they would not have seen me, but they expected me to wait.!!!!! so I did not get my fill today. I am so disappointed.:mad2:

a_thinner_me

Congrats on the weight loss you are doing great!! The band is a wonderful tool!! Nothing more nothing less!! I have to keep reminding myself that very thing.

Conetha, Im soo sorry that you did not get your fill...did you see if you could get in ASAP! I would tell them that I need to be seen tomarrow, and that this is important to you to keep up on your journey to get a fill as soon as they can get you in. I hope you get your first fill soon!! I have had 2 now and I really have restriction, no more eating big bites.

Good luck to the both of you!

Bernadette

Hey Fab - Its terrible to hear that your sister will have to sell her house. And you're right, 54 is simply too young to lose someone. My father died from skin cancer at 55, also too young, and for me one of the hardest things was when my mom sold the house we grew up in and moved. I felt like I would lose memories never seeing that home again. But I didn't. Money issues on top of losing someone is just a lot to bear. I will say a little prayer for your sister - my heart goes out to her.

As for things getting stuck. I get things stuck - no matter what it is but it doesn't always last long! Lean Proteins - chicken, tuna, the things we're supposed to be eating are the worst. Soft stuff - the things we're NOT supposed to be eating - of course - no problem! I'm chewing thoroughly - and all of that - but it still gets stuck. Then after about anywhere from 15-35 mins, it goes away (clearly it goes down and I'm INSTANTLY better - and hungry!). So just eating what I'm supposed to is painful and yucky. Then later that evening - at home - NO PROBLEMS. I'm able to eat almost anything I want. So I have restriction at bfast, lunch, but none at dinner. Then I tend to overeat at dinner b/c I've barely eaten all day. I realize also, its not just hunger. I miss eating the healthy things I love - so I over eat.

I will keep everyone updated after the fill. I chew my food up really good is just after I eat it fills like it just sits there. Then I feel like I have to throw up but when I go to the bathroom to throw up, foods never comes up I just be gagging and a lot of saliva comes up.

Conetha - that's exactly how I feel when I try to eat a lean Protein meal at lunch. What is up with that foamy saliva? :grouphug:. Anyway - I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get a fill - but I'm worried if you get another fill - the gag reflex you're experiencing only will get worse. Are you consuming enough calories? When I have those stuck episodes, I end up drinking Protein shakes and soft foods, and actually eating too many calories, which I know will stall my weight loss. Its amazing how many more calories I consume 'drinking' them or eating mushy foods!

SillyGoose - how are you doing? How are you holding up avoiding night eating? Also my biggest problem. I need to eat a bigger Breakfast since that should curb my night eating. Outside of that, going to bed early and hungry or distracting myself with an activity outside the house is the only thing that is working for me at night.

A thinner me! 30lbs!!??!!!! That's AMAZING!!!! I cannot wait to be able to say that! That's really some hard work paying off. That's inspiring. How many clothes sizes are you down as a result of that fantastic weight loss?

Hi Everyone!!!

Hey lifestarts now, thanks for the prayers for my sister. It is getting a little easier for her, he had a little more life insurance from his work that she did not know about. The bad thing is she has NO income coming in until all of the life insurance payments come in. I know how you feel about loosing your dad, I lost my mom when I was only 28, it was a very tough time.

Do you have a tough time first thing in the morning? I seem to be very tight and food gets stuck much easier then. I have the same problems with the Proteins, they tend to get stuck alot easier, I had an apple this am and it got stuck! I think the peeling was just too thick. I wonder if I will have even more problems after my 3rd fill?? I plan on having that next Thursday. I might be alot tighter, but I want restriction with the amount of food I can consume. I still am able to eat more than I know I should so maybe the next fill will do it. I sure don't like getting food stuck, it is a very uncomfortable feeling and embarrasing too.

Have a great weekend!! Bernadette:unsure:

Hello to all my fellow March losers! I have not been online for a few weeks due to a busy schedule. I have lost 29 lbs so far,though I had two weeks in April before my first fill when I hit a plateau. My fill was on 4/22 and it was 5cc for a total now of 7cc. I feel restriction all day until about 4 pm when I get ravenous! I crave carbs and bread which unfortunately I can eat without trouble.I have only had food stick/slime once--on a piece of apple.

I have been walking every day and started back working out at Curves which I think is helping my flabby arms and legs. I recommend Curves to all if you have one nearby. I am surprised at the slow progress but then I am 56 and post-menopausal. I wish I still had a metabolism! Concentrate on being healthy. The best thing for me so far is being able to stop using my bi-pap machine to sleep and my husband says I now seldom snore! Just being able to sleep 7-8 hours is amazing! Anyone else out there seen a similar sleep improvement? Let's stick with it for the longterm health benefits and keep our chins up!

Laweezmi

curves

Hi Everyone!!!

Hey lifestarts now, thanks for the prayers for my sister. It is getting a little easier for her, he had a little more life insurance from his work that she did not know about. The bad thing is she has NO income coming in until all of the life insurance payments come in. I know how you feel about loosing your dad, I lost my mom when I was only 28, it was a very tough time.

Do you have a tough time first thing in the morning? I seem to be very tight and food gets stuck much easier then. I have the same problems with the Proteins, they tend to get stuck alot easier, I had an apple this am and it got stuck! I think the peeling was just too thick. I wonder if I will have even more problems after my 3rd fill?? I plan on having that next Thursday. I might be alot tighter, but I want restriction with the amount of food I can consume. I still am able to eat more than I know I should so maybe the next fill will do it. I sure don't like getting food stuck, it is a very uncomfortable feeling and embarrasing too.

Have a great weekend!! Bernadette:unsure:

I do have a tougher time in the a.m. But I also find that if I happen to go a long time without eating (like you do overnight) it almost always gets stuck no matter what it is. Like tonight, I ate one bite of a soft cinnamon roll and it got stuck. I came home starving and just grabbed one bite and chewed well. But - it was too late. I can't wait to hear how you are after your third fill - I'm just like you - I'm able to eat way more than I should but I still have issues with things getting stuck even though I'm careful - but if I eat a little bit - slowly - I end up able to eat way too much...... Please keep me posted!