Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2009 BANDSTERS

Hi Guys,

Had joined the April Bandsters but my surgery was April but was posponed to May 1st. Thought would be good to have a thread for our selves to compair stories.

I was banded on May 1st arrived at the hospital 8:00 am, was back at home 2:00 pm. Have to say first few days were uncomforable especailly to sleep but took my meds. Have lost 10 lbs as of today, but am tired of chicken broth. Went to my Nutrisionist today, she said I can start on Non Clear liquids thursday. Am feeling a bit of hunger or something not really sure. The nutrisionist who explained in addition to the medical resons for the diet a big part is to break you of your old habits.

Trying to keep to the plan as much as possible.

Well Take Care ALL

hey good to hear all went well im booked in the end of this month in england iv to travel from ireland so it a flight back so hope i goes ok just cant wait to see if it helps me sick of been big

Hi, well so far down about 11/lbs 6 days, Day 1 & 2 I was uncomfortable, but feeling much better day by day. Some hunger is returning. Was on Clear Liquids untill today, and today started mixed liquids. Really much better made a smoothie this afternoon with protene mix, banana, milk yougert.

Did you mention you had to fly just after surgery, would prob be better if you could wait a few days, make sure you take you pain med whcih will help you sleep.

Good luck to you

Ross

rosstheboss...great job on your weight loss. I was banded by Dr. Enochs as well on May 1st. My surgery was at 7 AM so he must of banded you right after me. I've lost 16 lbs since surgery (actually 17 lost and then 1 gained over the past 5 days....which sucks). I'm down about 4 inches off the waist which is great. I will be getting my first fill on May 28th. Can't wait for real food so I can get to a more balanced diet.

Hi Doug, thanks for the note, we will have to get together some time. I am feeling fine, last time I checked was down about 13/lbs but it is now moving up and down a few lbs. I am eating real food, chewing a lot etc. being carful, not that hungry but can eat, and knowing when I start getting filled it will not be the case. This seems to be a hard time as I can eat far more than I know I should. Have been eating healthy but more than I should. My first fill is May 26th. I am tring to keep to the protene shakes which keep the weight moving and low carb foods. Are you going to the meeting a week from Thursday? We will have to get together. or drop me a private note with your e-mail and phone if you want. Actually I live really close to the Dr office.

Got done 2 days ago by Dr. Robert Quinlin in Pittsburgh. Still sore, but dropping lbs by the minute... down to 351, was 356 when i went to the hospital---clears is driving me up a wall... plus, I seem to swallow air every time I "sip" no matter how small the sips... i had hiccups for about 45 seconds last night--- god did that hurt.

Other than that, just trying to take it easy, and wait for the penguins to start whipping on the hurricanes...

Frank....glad to hear your doing well. Clearly the anesthesia has not worn completely off yet. Get your provisions ready because the Hurricanes will be dominating Pittsburgh Monday. :scared2:

Couldn't resist talking a little hockey smack--- I think it'll be a great series---the two hottest teams own the stretch meeting up in the ECF--- I think it'll go 6 or 7.

The big question up here is whether or not Coach Cowher shows his face at the games cheering for the canes, or just stays away from any controversy... haha

Greetings Guys. May 11th band date here. Was in and out of the hospital in 6.5 hours. I'm so full all the time I have to force myself to eat. You'd have to put a plunger on me to force any thing more down than what the doctor is recommending. I still have difficulty getting all my fluids down in a day. Best I can do so far is about 35 oz of Water. I do get tired still fairly quickly. Tonight we went and got groceries for the rest of the family. Nothing looked go to me and I was ready to go home and rest. Monday though I am returning to work.

Banded May 15th. Seems like weeks have gone by and its only been 3 days. Pain is much better and gets better everyday.

I am still doing Full liquid Although today I had Some EggDrop Soup and had no problem getting it down.

One odd thing i have noticed is that when i eat i dont ever feel hungry but if i Drink Any Water i get hungry FAST. And as long as im drinking Water I have hunger pains. Its kinda annoying. Makes it harder to drink water.

hey lads good to hear it s get better i got banded on the sunday 24 may all went well i was told but god it was hard going though id die on flight home yesterday but i made it back pain not so bad to day have not got on scales dr said not to go near them till i have my frist fill . how long is it till the pain and bloatness goes ?

Hi,

Banded on Saturday 16th may in Manchester. Flew back to bristol on Monday, back to work on Tuesday. Did you guys get a fill straight off with the band?

Frank the Tank...get my first fill today. I will make sure they don't overfill because I am going to have to eats some crow. Damn the Penguins are good!!

hey willam k i left hospital with 2 mil s in a 14 mil band dont know why. things seem to be calming down now so bring it on

Think i am following the usual path of no restriction following banding. I get my first fill on 11th June so not to far away. Just got to keep my liquid diet going i think as i have full appetite back and i feel i can eat anything at present without issue. Anyone else find that?