Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's All About You!!

So, Since we are all going on this journey together I though it would be fun to learn a little bit more about each other.

You don't have to answer all of them if you don't want to.

All About Me :smile:

Where do you live?

How old are you?

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered?

Any children?

Grandchildren?

Pets?

Currant Health Morbidities?

What are your greatest Fears?

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals?

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal?

I'll Start..

Where do you live? Clearfield, Utah

How old are you? 37 (will be 38 in July)

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? Married for 18 years.

Any children? 4 (21,16, 13, 9)

Grandchildren? 1 (9 months)

Pets? 2

Currant Health Morbidities? Pseudo Tumor Ceribrii & High Blood Pressure

What are your greatest Fears? That I will fail at this process to.

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? Short : My 20th reunion is this July and I would like to be 50 lbs lighter by July 17th.

Long: Hit 150 lbs

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? I want to be able to wear a part of jeans and feel good in them. Also I want to go to the amusement park and ride the rides with my kids.

OK I'll play...

Where do you live? Dallas, TX

How old are you? 31

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? Live-in boyfriend of 4 years

Any children? 8 year old from a previous marriage

Grandchildren? Nope!

Pets? 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 birds. Plus the boyfriend and kid. Hehe.

Current Health Morbidities? None.

What are your greatest Fears? With the surgery, I guess failing. Going in and him saying "oh sorry, your liver wasn't small enough so we didn't do anything today". Losing the weight I want but then having a messed up body image and not being able to accept my new self.

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? Short term: to look good when I go on my celebratory cruise at the end of June! Long term, lose 130 lbs

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? I want to walk into Old Navy (or insert any other random store) and go to the clearance rack and buy some super freaking cute on sale outfit for like $5. I want to wear cute strappy heels! I want to go with my family to an amusement park. Oh, but the first thing I'll do when I hit my goal is go rent a jet ski, because I've always wanted to go on one. So I guess I better aim my goal for summer time!

Yay! I would love to get to know everyone better!

Where do you live? Smithville, MO (20 Miles N of Kansas City)

How old are you? Just turned 42

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? Married 23 years

Any children? 3 boys 22, 20, 16

Grandchildren? none

Pets? 2 dogs

Currant Health Morbidities? no major problems

What are your greatest Fears? failing with the band

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? To reach onederland by August 6, and 50lbs by Thanksgiving

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? Walk down the beach instead of hide under the umbrella.

Here are a few other things about me...

I'm a hairstylist, I love to read, traveling, warm spring days. Why hallelujah.girl... I am a Jason Castro fan and loved his version of Hallelujah that he did on American Idol.

I'm in ---

All About Me :blink:

Where do you live? Wappingers Falls, NY

How old are you? 51

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? Married to a great wife, Rose for 28 yrs.

Any children? Two Boys, 25 & 21, A Firefighter & a Marine

Grandchildren? None

Pets? Had a great dog - Peanuts that passed away ( 15 yrs old) a few years ago and cannot get another one yet.

Currant Health Morbidities? Under active Thyroid, High Cholesterol, Hyper-tension and Gall Stones

What are your greatest Fears? Doing something stupid that causes slippage and damage to my body.

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? Short term - Felling and looking healthy. Long term - getting down to my weight when we got married at age 23 which was 223 lbs. :thumbdown:

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? May sound corny - But I want to put on a TUX and take my wife on a great night out. Second - Go shopping anywhere but a "Big Mens" store......:thumbup:

What a great idea! I'm enjoying getting to know all of you mayo Banditos!

All About Me :thumbup:

Where do you live? Pasadena, CA

How old are you? 28 years young

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? I have a boyfriend for the first time in almost 5 years. Funny that I meet the man of my dreams when I'm at my highest weight - and he likes me no matter what size I am. :tt2:

Any children? My kids are all still in my ovaries.

Grandchildren? Ditto to that... kinda.

Pets? Henry the hamster, and two kitties Paxton and Paisley that are my roommates.

Currant Health Morbidities? Thankfully, none other than morbid obesity and a funny knee.

What are your greatest Fears? Tidal waves, tornadoes, and losing my loved ones. Oh about the band? Failure, complications, saggy skin/boobs.

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? I'd like to be under 300 lbs by summer. Total goal is to be 160.

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? My post-band bucket list is LONG. Go skydiving, learn to surf, learn to SCUBA dive, travel to Europe (and fit my booty in the airplane seat comfortably), ride every rollercoaster I find, shop anywhere BUT Lane Bryant, and have a professional photo-shoot of myself at goal! Oh and I hope to share clothes with my younger sister someday!

A bit more about me... I'm a business banker by occupation, a goofball in real life, and a perpetual optimist despite the negative news I see everywhere. I love country and rock music. And I am so excited to start my new life! :smile:

All About Me :cool2:

Where do you live? Arlington, TX

How old are you? 29 years

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? I have been married for 8 years (was a size 6 when I was married), lucky for me my husband has always been supportive and never negative about my weight

Any children? 1 daughter 10 years of age

Grandchildren? Nope

Pets? Velvet and Speckle (kitties) that are currently locked out of my bedroom to keep them from jumpting on my stomach!

Currant Health Morbidities? None, trying to prevent them from happening

What are your greatest Fears? Failing especially after the accoutnability I have set up. I decide to be completely open to everyone about this procedure and I just do not want to feel any more embarassment and shame other than what I have already endured

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? I have a wedding to go to in Septembter and would love to feel good about myself and be able to buy a dress from a non plus size store!! Long term is to lose 137 pounds!

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? My husband and daughter are very athletic and I cannot wait until I can do more with them. My husband competed in a mud run here which is a crazy run and military style obstacle course. He did it with all of my friends from work and all I could do was watch. There is another one in November, and I would love to be able to try to do it with my husband or at least look like I could compete in it!!

All About Me :thumbsup:

Where do you live? Indian Land, SC (right outside Charlotte, NC

How old are you? 35 in 20 days!

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? Married for 7 1/2 years

Any children? Alexandra-7, Sara-4, Erin, Ryan and Logan-21 months

Grandchildren? No

Pets? 1 cat and 3 golden retrievers

Currant Health Morbidities? High blood pressure

What are your greatest Fears? That this will fail and I will have to do more drastic surgery

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? I would like to be down to 200 pounds by this time next year.

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? I want to be able to shop in the regular sizes at a store

Danielle

All About Me :)

Where do you live? Richmond, Virginia

How old are you? 32

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? Single

Any children? Courtney 19 & Claude 11

Grandchildren? Charles 1

Pets? Brandy 3yrs (Yorkie)

Currant Health Morbidities? NONE

What are your greatest Fears? That "I" will fail...do I really need the surgery ??

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? Currently I'm 238.7 (I would like to lose 50-60lbs)

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? Limited or Express

All About Me :unsure:

Where do you live? Fort Worth, TX

How old are you? 37

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? Engaged

Any children? Yes, three! 1 girl, 2 boys.

Grandchildren? Not yet, and hopefully not for awhile. I'm still busy spoiling my kiddos!

Pets? Yes, 1 Puppy and 1 Kitty.

Current Health Morbidities? Borderline HBP, lots of knees problems, and thyroid disorder.

What are your greatest Fears? Spiders and cockroaches top them all, but related to the lapband, I'm afraid of never waking up after the surgery, and of being in the hospital.

What are your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? Short term, I want to be able to tie my shoes comfortably again! :)

Long term, I want to be STRONG! I want to be able to do an entire class of Kickboxing, hike 20 miles, and lift my son - did I mention he weighs almost 100 lbs?!

Also, I want to be small enough that my (soon-to-be) husband will be able to carry me. :tt1:

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal?

So many things... I want to wear a LITTLE black dress, and dress up in sexy school girl costumes! :w00t:

I want to be able to buy clothes from a non-fat girl store!

I want to go on vacation somewhere tropical and WEAR A BATHING SUIT! Doesn't even have to be a bikini, as long as I'm not worried about being too fat for the beach.

I want to make love in positions I haven't been able to get into in awhile!! :thumbup:

Okay, probably TMI, but that's definitely one thing that's got my fiance being so supportive. *laughs*

And I want to live long enough to see my kids become adults, and have kids of their own, and enjoy my life without limitation...

I'm really glad to be getting to know all of you!

All About Me :)

Where do you live? Tulsa, Oklahoma

How old are you? 49

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? I am married to a great guy (7 years, we dated for 7 years before marrying). He is a computer programmer.

Any children? none

Grandchildren? none

Pets? we have koi and gold fish in our pond in the backyard.

Currant Health Morbidities? high blood pressure and sleep apnea and I had knee surgery 2 years ago.

What are your greatest Fears? having a stroke like my Dad did when he was my age.

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? Short term: to lose at least 25 #'s by my 50th birthday. (October), & start walking. Long term: to lose around 80 #'s and lose those co-morbidities, start jogging.

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? I want to wear a 2 piece swim suit, go horse back riding while on a cruise (they match you up with a giant horse if you are overweight, so I haven't gone riding in a long time). I would like to buy a size 6 or 8 outfit for once in my life and never gain this weight back again.

Also:

I am a residential realtor (13 years at it) and really enjoy it most of the time. I have worked in the sign business in sales and production and have worked as a corporate artist. I have a BS in Art Education. My husband & I went to see the new Star Trek movie tonight & it was wonderful. I have 2 nephews (12 & 15) who live on a ranch nearby. Both of our immediate families live within 45 minutes of us & we feel very fortunate at that. We also like going to the drive-in for movies or at home, going to ball games (semi pro or nephews). I have a very happy life.

Congrats to those of you who have already been banded this month and how exciting for y'all getting it next week. GB

Hi, friends!

Where do you live? central Texas

How old are you? 44

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? I'm happily married.

Any children? Yes, ages 15, 14, and 9. (Whew!)

Grandchildren? none

Pets? 3 wonderful cats and one ragamuffin dog

Currant Health Morbidities? high blood pressure

What are your greatest Fears? dying and leaving my children; a fear that I will never be able to control my weight.

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? I'd love to be in the 140s. I haven't been since high school, and even then it was a struggle. I want to lose about 65 points, and although I've lost the much before, this time, I want to KEEP IT OFF! That's why I chose the band.

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? I want to wear one of those "little black dresses" that you see in magazines and go somewhere fancy. I also want to be able to buy cute clothes at thrift shops. If you're skinny, it's easy to do that! But not if you're 16/18 like I am. (And I've been up to 22/24).

I am a college English teacher. My real love is science (as in geological science, biology, nutrition, etc.) I'd love to build a green house and live off the grid someday. I want to retire as soon as I can so that I can stop grading papers. Whew, what a sad activity!!! :-)

Edited by Venus de Milo
mistake

All About Me :glare:

Where do you live? Ventura, CA

How old are you? 40

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? SO of three years, Rob he's being wonderful

Any children? none

Grandchildren? none

Pets? My little jack russel "ACE"

Currant Health Morbidities? mild apnea

What are your greatest Fears? Fear that I won't do something right and I'll have problems with the band.

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? Short term lose 50lbs by September, long term is more of a level of comfort than a goal weight.

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? I want to wear something sexy for my BF and actually think I look sexy in it.

Hope Everyone is doing well, DAY 3 here and finally thinking there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Where do you live?

Southwest Virginia

How old are you?

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered?

Married for almost 3 years

Any children?

no babies...lots of beloved neices and nephews

Grandchildren?

Pets?

black lab bear

Currant Health Morbidities?

PCOS

What are your greatest Fears?

FAILURE- im scared im gonna fail at this so badly!!!

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? to look decent in a bathing suit this summer.... to be able to have babies someday....fit into my Lucky Jeans....wear clothes from abercrombie/holister(even thought i probably wont pay the $$$),

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? I really dont know i need suggestions

Where do you live? Good ol' California

How old are you? 28

Are you married, dating, significant other, partnered? Happily Married

Any children? Yes a two year old son and a just turned seven year old daughter

Grandchildren? Someday I hope!

Pets? Yes a kitty and a Dalmation

Currant Health Morbidities? I dont have any serious morbideities, but my Dr said my blood sugar level is boarderline diabetic. He said if I lose weight I can get it in check before it turns into something serious. Also my feet hurt all the time, my back hurts all the time and I dont have enough energy.

What are your greatest Fears? By far it is that my band will slip or errod. I am self pay so the expense of the removal surgery and the loss of my band would be more than I think I could take. I would never be able to afford to replace it and my insurance doesnt cover any complications from WLS so Id even have to pay for the removal myself.

What is your weight loss short term goals and Long term goals? My short term goal is to get this band so I can get started! My long term goal is to shed 60 lbs and never gain them back! Also to get a TT once I lose the weight!

List at least one thing you want to do/wear/eat/buy when you reach your goal? I want to wear a bathing suit that isnt a granny bathing suit. It doesnt have to be a bakini, but at least a cute one piece that dosent have the granny skirt thingy attached to the bottoms. God damn Im so sick of wearing a granny skirt bathing suit and only being in my 20's. Im way to young to be wearing one of those!!!